i just dinged 70 and i want to do BC heroics

90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
what do i need to know in them ? am i close to performing good ?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Your gear exeeds anything found on heroics. Looks like you dont even... eeh why do i bother...
Reply Quote
27 Human Hunter
05/27/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Vyndorathran
what do i need to know in them ? am i close to performing good ?

Brutal Gladiator gear is far, far better than anything you could get from a BC heroic. I would skip them unless you really want to see those dungeons as a 70.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll be hard pressed to find a group in dungeon finder. People move on to Wrath dungeons at 68 b/c of the increased exp. BC heroics give garbage exp as well. I've killed a level 72 heroic mob in a BC dungeon and gotten 120exp. The same level mob in a normal wrath dungeon will give well over 2000exp. I always thought that was odd, b/c it's encouraging people to skip content...maybe it's an oversight in the programming.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah that's deliberate seska. It came into play in 4.0.6? Maybe. Or maybe 4.0 or 4.1, I dunno. But at some point blizzard decided to push people into level appropriate content so when you ding 60 there's a dramatic decrease in the exp you get from Azeroth mobs and when you ding 70 the same thing happens to outland mobs (quests still give normal exp though). I assume the same thing happens to Wrath mobs at 80, although I've never really tested it b/c I'm more or less sick of wrath by the time I'm 80.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
People were grinding Wrath heroics to level at the beginning of Cataclysm. I'm not sure why this was seen as a problem, given that A) it alleviated the overcrowding of Cataclysm questing zones, and B) Blizzard has long since dropped any pretense of leveling being anything other than an extended tutorial, but for some reason it was, and they implemented a 90% nerf to experience from killing mobs for characters at or above the level cap of the mob's expansion.

Edit: That said, it's not all that difficult to find groups in the dungeon finder. I rarely had to wait more than ten minutes or so, but then I was queuing tank/healer/DPS on my resto/feral druid, so I had an easier time of it than most would.
Edited by Keeblik on 5/29/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
It was seen as a problem because server first leveling achievements were at stake (and technically world first if you want to get that high level). I can't remember the exact details because I ended up taking a huge break towards the end of wrath that never really ended...but there was some quirk about 80 heroics that allowed people to basically catapult a character to around..I wanna say 81-82 ish very easily if they were working on concert with a group of friends.

Now that doesn't seem like a big deal, right? But then you get to the payoff of skipping the two introductory Cata zones and basically having places like Deepholm (I think its called that, its been so damn long) all to yourself while everyone else is fighting over quest mobs in previous zones.

They put an end to that quickly. I remember on my DK, when wrath dropped, basically staying in azeroth to 62 ish by actually doing quests in Silithus (funny, I know). I then stayed in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon until I cashed them out as well. Ended up hitting Wrath content overleveled and loaded down with gold. It was quite nice actually.
Edited by Shortnsneaky on 5/29/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
They nerfed it, I don't think it really matters. Just another fracture in the flow of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
well the reason i find myself doing BC heroics is because is get error messages that log me out every time i target a boss; people say " he went afk during the fight ? " .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]