Will Paypal work for Canadians?

7 Draenei Warrior
I decided to come back to wow as i could not find an mmo i could get into. Anyway I am trying to add Paypal as a payment option on battle net but or even when i try to buy one of the expansion packs i am having an issue.
When select paypal as my payment option it normaly sends me to paypal asks for my login etc, but after that it says "You must add a credit card to complete this purchase. Some payments, like instant and immediate payments, require a credit card."
And i clearly remember reading on some info at battle net that paypal is only useable for NORTH AMERICANS, not people living in the united states, north americans, and that includes mexico and canada. I added that thing to get my phone connected as well for security reasons and then tried to get paypal to work but it keeps saying i require a credit card after i clearly read that I can use paypal.

Anyone know why this is like this or will they not accept paypal as a payment for canadians?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
So blizzard support specifically says they support it? So there shouldn't be an issue. I suggest sending an email in
Edited by Monmonn on 5/16/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Warrior
fine here it is what i read.
Is PayPal available to all World of Warcraft players worldwide?

At this time, only players with North American World of Warcraft accounts can use PayPal to pay for their subscriptions

anyway my issue is why i cant sync paypal with battle net
Edited by Drazani on 5/16/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Warrior
i do have a low ammount example 15 dollars, is that a reason why it wont accept? I know if you dont have enough money for purchasing products on paypal it will direct you to credit cards etc, i am suppose to get allot more cash on it in 2 days so i guess i can wait and see if that extra ammount will be suffice if not guess i cant be lazy and gotta go get retail instead.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Drazani
"You must add a credit card to complete this purchase. Some payments, like instant and immediate payments, require a credit card."

You need to have a credit card attached to your Paypal account, has nothing at all to do with nationality.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Jakjak
You need to have a credit card attached to your Paypal account, has nothing at all to do with nationality.

Nail. Head.

Blizzard only allows people to pay for subscriptions with a credit card. When you use pay-pal, it must be using a valid credit card, not the balance in your account. I've hit the same roadblock before, and it took me a while to figure it out.
Edited by Gijora on 5/17/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Warrior
makes paypal seem pointless but not the end of the world for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]