90 Tauren Shaman
If you say so, level 1 alt warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
BUMP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
06/07/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Clicky
Trying to bring back a forum of help and wanting hearing about other WOW players in-game experience is 'getting upset'? Hmm, news to me, Clicky- thanks for the opinion?

Trying to bring back a forum of help and wanting hearing about other WOW players in-game experience is 'getting upset'? Hmm, news to me, Clicky- thanks for the opinion?

if you want my actually opinion its to just give up, the community on vek (and on almost all servers) has gone to hell. with lfr, and lfd tools noone really talks to eachother anymore. on top of that vek is a really small server with alot of new players that probably dont even know WoW has a realm forum.
as much as i wish the forums would go back to the way they were in bc or early wrath they just never will, it will only get worse with the game getting easier there just inst a need for strong community anymore.

So what is your motive to stay here then? Call me curious, or a little bit concerned, if you will.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/31/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Megeddon

if you want my actually opinion its to just give up, the community on vek (and on almost all servers) has gone to hell. with lfr, and lfd tools noone really talks to eachother anymore. on top of that vek is a really small server with alot of new players that probably dont even know WoW has a realm forum.
as much as i wish the forums would go back to the way they were in bc or early wrath they just never will, it will only get worse with the game getting easier there just inst a need for strong community anymore.

So what is your motive to stay here then? Call me curious, or a little bit concerned, if you will.

im still here to play with friends
im still here because ive played on this server for almost 6 years now
im still here because i know everyone on the server worth knowing, the movers and shapers
im still here because i like to be the shark in a small pond of minnows
im still here so i can drag this server back out of the pit its got itself into, one boss kill at a time
im still here because Vek'nilash heaths with my torment, its wretched guilds quake beneath my rage, but at last. the whole of Vek'nilash will break... and all will bow beneath the shadow of my greatness
im still here because I AM Vek'nilash

sincerely, Tippz aka Clicky aka Cheezy aka Hutchz
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Not to denounce your progression, but do you really think that boss kills are going to revitalize the server?

Are you assuming that progression alone, and not a change in overall personality in the people is going to make a difference? I get that people are attracted to those who progress, but one guild truly is one guild.

The word you are looking for is heave, as in "heaves in my torment", and reused lines from Deathwing dialogue don't make your statement sound any more inspiring, at least not to me.

From what I gather, you have made an investment in this server. Your time, your $15.00/month (which really is a physical manifestation of time), energy, commitment, etc..

Wouldn't that have been an easier answer?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
not nearly as poetic or pompous sounding, and i think yours is more characters so really its more work so not easier.
are you not on these forums talking about our guild right now in that post? does most of trade chat not consist of hate towards our guild, that's the community i miss, anyone talking about anything hate or love.
if you go look at bc and wrath archived forums you'll see what im talking about, but since you have no idea i assume you weren't around then.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Using just the first sentence of my second to last paragraph would have sufficed, and it consists of drastically less characters.

Yes, I refer to your guild. In the context of your answer, it would only make sense that my reply reference your guild. I couldn't care less about trade chat. If mingling with players that have a fourth of your IQ is your thing, then more power to you. Jealousy fuels hatred, sure. My dislike for the guild began with the personality of the players in it. Now, I don't use the word "dislike" in reference your guild, I use the phrase "lack of interest" instead.

You're absolutely right, I wasn't around during BC or Wrath. How is that relevant to anything that I said in any way? How is my presence, or lack thereof on this server related to my question or your answer?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
lets go back to my post that you quoted first and highlight a very important piece of what all of my points are really based around.

like you said though talking with people that have a 4th of my IQ is what i like to do, and with you having no knowledge of what the forums of BC or wrath were like then you have nothing to really bring to the table.
though this small convo we've been having has been the closest thing ive seen on these forums to what im talking about.. so i thank you megeddon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Demise weighs 210 with 8% BF and plays wow
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
lets go back to my post that you quoted first and highlight a very important piece of what all of my points are really based around.

like you said though talking with people that have a 4th of my IQ is what i like to do, and with you having no knowledge of what the forums of BC or wrath were like then you have nothing to really bring to the table.
though this small convo we've been having has been the closest thing ive seen on these forums to what im talking about.. so i thank you megeddon.

What do I need to bring to the table? Apparently I didn't make myself clear enough after that post Sha of Anger conversation we had, that I do not strive to impress you, or anyone in your guild.

I have nothing to prove to you, I simply asked a question. That being said, I don't have a dislike for you or Divinity, like I said already. It's a lack of interest.

I didn't think that me not being around in BC or Wrath was relevant to the conversation, and you're absolutely correct in your assumption that I don't know what it was like back then. What difference would it make if I did, and again what difference does it make in my question or your answer?

I apologize if I come off as abrasive to you, but I speak to you as an equal person, not as though you are above me. To earn my respect, you have to do more than kill more bosses than me. I honestly don't think that a community restoration can occur until more people raise their expectations to a similar level.
Edited by Megeddon on 1/2/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Now entering Vynianyx, one of the last druid tanks on Vek'nilash!

I come with punch, cookies, and coffee for my Vek'nilash friends. Stay a while and listen, chat, and let in game bygones be bygones. Let us rejoice in this server, for only our attitudes will revive it!

I have many a party items, including but not limited to a disco ball and a sandbox tiger so let's get this party started!
Edited by Vynianyx on 1/3/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
A druid tank has escaped from the pen! Quick! Catch it before people start thinking they exist again!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
This thread is still going? Also, what is this Tippz person? I've never heard of it before.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Megeddon
A druid tank has escaped from the pen! Quick! Catch it before people start thinking they exist again!

YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME MWAHAHA
/cat
/prowl
/dash

Also, Tippz is clicky is hutchz is raid leader of divinity is decently progressed guild on alliance side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Tippz is..the most interesting man in the world.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
TIPPZ BEST PVPER KR
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Tippz is so sexy, megeddon is nothing compared to his sexy glory!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]