PvP paladin looking to get into raiding

85 Human Paladin
Now that my Paramedic class is over and the start of summer is near, i'm looking to get into raiding. I'm a 2200 player if that makes a difference, as highly aware pvp players are usually good at percieving PvE. I would like to start tanking soon, and will put the effort into gearing the character (raid worthy in 2 days) if i get into a nice full clear guild that pve's a decent amount. I'm looking to get into the swing of things before i hit the Mists of Pandaria with full force! Thanks in advance!!

realid - brenos1337@yahoo.com

mail me in game as well... any troll responses will be ignored!

-Eric
Reply Quote
98 Dwarf Shaman
05/19/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Turkeylips
highly aware pvp players are usually good at percieving PvE.

Meaning that you'll SEE the fire you're standing in. Check. ;)

(sorry, just felt a little compelled to poke fun)

When are you generally available? And what roles do you plan on undertaking? These are the questions that most raiders will want to know about you.

Second to that will be any goals you have for raiding: Do you just want gear? Do you want to get realm firsts? Do you want to see game content? Answers to these will help people looking to flesh out their teams have an idea of whether you're a hardcore raider, if you'll be laid-back, intense, etc.

For instance, Indelis usually has a spot or two open in our Dragon Soul team, but we're a casual guild, even though our progression may suggest we're pretty hardcore. Angry fits, loot drama, or frustration over wipes (and it is almost a requirement that we wipe on trash a few times before one-shotting bosses) tends to be viewed very dimly. Heck, with Diablo 3 out, I'm not even sure if we'll be raiding at all this week.

I know there are some other progression-oriented guilds who are looking to flesh out their ranks -- but knowing what roles you intend to fill (I highly recommend having an alternate spec w/ gear i.e., heals and DPS) will help you find a home faster.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Knight of Punishment is also looking for new people to join our guild, we run DS weekly and clear it almost every time except when people are late, or we have to PUG people and we have unnecessary wipes. Most of our players are already geared in 397 gear so they could pass it on to you Turkey, and that way you could get gear while seeing the content in its real nature, not in Loling For Fails finder.
-Zag
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
turkeylips is amazing at pveing in 5's.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
shush rim lol, and seeing game content and having fun is the reason i;m looking to get back into raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/20/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Tahlasar

I am the reason this statement isn't true.. just ask the Indelibles...

Exception that proves the rule.
Reply Quote
98 Dwarf Shaman
05/20/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Tahlasar

And yet we invite you back. ;)

Situational awareness does actually help a good bit. But it's a mistake to assume that one can go smoothly from one type of encounter to another. Still, most of the time folks are willing to work with someone who is pleasant and willing to learn. That's really the bottom line.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest

Onogh: "Ok, melee move.... Melee. Move. ... Melee!... Tahlasar!"

<3 Tahl

05/19/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Turkeylips
I would like to start tanking soon, and will put the effort into gearing the character (raid worthy in 2 days) if i get into a nice full clear guild that pve's a decent amount.

To gear up as a tank, I would recommend getting into raids as a DPS or a healer and asking to roll on tank gear. The reason is that guilds are usually hesitant to bring in a new tank, because that role can make or break the raid.

Our group often has open spots, so you are welcome to come as a guest once you get geared a little. (Ideally, as a 20k+ DPS, but we could take a third healer assuming the rest of the DPS is high.)

We play Wednesday and Sunday nights, around 8:30pm EST. The guest spots are not guaranteed, so don't change your plans for us if you were not planning on playing during those nights anyway.
Edited by Cayreth on 5/22/2012 2:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Hey Turkey, I know this isn't really the thread for it, but would you want to run 3s and try to achieve some sort of rating together?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/22/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Cayreth
The reason is that guilds are usually hesitant to bring in a new tank, because that role can make or break the raid.

Except in Dragon Soul, where the tanking is "Stand here. Maybe taunt off the other tank every few stacks."

>.<
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
05/22/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Antimony
The reason is that guilds are usually hesitant to bring in a new tank, because that role can make or break the raid.

Except in Dragon Soul, where the tanking is "Stand here. Maybe taunt off the other tank every few stacks."

>.<

Dragon Soul sucks.
Reply Quote
98 Dwarf Shaman
Meh, even in DS, an inexperienced or a squishy tank can make things a LOT of work for the rest of the raid and throw off everyone's game.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
05/22/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Oolaki
Meh, even in DS, an inexperienced or a squishy tank can make things a LOT of work for the rest of the raid and throw off everyone's game.

Like "accidentally" falling off the Temple on Ultraxion.
Reply Quote
98 Dwarf Shaman
Yeah, we've had our share of those.

"Hey, what happens if you jump off the ship?..."
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
05/22/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Oolaki

Yeah, we've had our share of those.

"Hey, what happens if you jump off the ship?..."

"You fscking die. That's what happens. It's been tested."

But yea, a tank that knows their gear itemization and cooldown rotation is a joy to heal.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
why not just put in the 2 days of effort now and run LFR and HoT heroics until you get geared and then apply to a guild. Instead of saying, I'll put in the effort tomorrow if you give me a spot in your raid today.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Good idea ahveros :) working on it now
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Non-Healing and Non-Tanking and poor DPSing Druid looking for a raiding Guild. In fact I am looking to be carried throughout everything and to assist in those that are carrying me, I plan to lose some weight. At the present time, I am currently a little on the pudgy side due to the evil wife trying to fatten me up for Christman...I am on to her. I plan to start eating better...but damn the call of the magical Krispy Kreams keep seducing me...Sniff...Sniff...

I will even lower my standards and accept any and and all invites from Alliance guilds...just so long as you offer me my own brothel of Gnomish Females to groom my glorious braids.

To assist in paying my way through all your hard work, I will bring my psilocybin mushrooms.

Thanks for your interest in assisting me obtain my 'chieves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]