Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Because they are awesome.

Don't you want to be awesome?

*probably should have posted on mine.
Edited by Ohgodfleas on 5/22/2012 1:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I play because I love water. Tranquil, peaceful, and serene. Also able to !@#$ up someone's day via hurricane or flood. With the chain heal glyph in Mists, all my heals will have a water animation. Squee! ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I play a shaman out of spite. Yeah, give me all the tooltip updates you want, I'll be right here healing till the sun comes up. If you want my shaman you'll have to pry him from my cold dead hands.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Enhancement and their spirit puppies is what inspired me. I could care less if we're the least played class or whatever it may be. I played someone else's Shaman through a few quests back in Wrath to give it a try. Loved it. I love smacking people in the face with two axes and hearing/seeing Stormstrike. I love Wind Shear. I love Grounding Totem.

Then they introduced the Glyph of Unleashed Lightning. It made Elemental much more viable in PvP. Yeah, we're pretty squishy, but guess who controls mid in EotS and Lumber Mill and can still running around casting? This Shaman. That's when I'm Elemental of course.

Then there's Restoration...Definitely a different ballpark than a Restoration Druid but there was still a few things that kept it the same. My mobility in raids with instant Ghostwolf and Spiritwalkers Grace. (and OMG do I find the Tier 13 set bonus for that handy too.) Druids and Shamans are also fairly simple in terms of healing but have their own challenges. It was definitely pretty cool to finally be able to contribute to the raid outside of healing and buffs when they brought in Telluric Currents. (Lightning Bolt gives mana back!) I found it to be cool to be able to get my mana back through a different means besides RNG and a totem. On my Druid, I couldn't just sit there and DPS when no healing was needed because it would dig into my mana. (Unless you specced into that stupid talent for Wrath/Starfall, but that could gimp your healing.)

I could go on what separates a Shaman from the others and why I think you should play them but if you aren't excited by that spiffy Earth Shield, Ghostwolf, Spirit Wolves, and Thunderstorming people off of ledges, then I'm not sure what to say. :|
Edited by Ashely on 5/22/2012 2:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Sham is the bad asses of wow, always have always will be, we are retarded versatile. enh damn, you better be a good kyter and know the range to stay in so you dont get iced down, or we will heal all day and never drop.
Ele, you better focus us or we will free cast 3 lava burst and you hp goes poof.

resto..... need i say more?

and in mist, earthbind grasps for resto then can move its locationas they move.... damn.... ele and resto will be the kyte g-ds...

Sham, its why Horde rain suprem in Vanilla
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yes ele, its rules all, even in real world pvp, kyte em to a ledge (ie everywhere in moltenfront) thunderstorm, done. gg you never loose.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
^ (What is this kyte you speak of?)

I rolled one of every class when I started WoW and leveled them all to around 30ish or so. Stuck with my shaman as I found it to be the most fun. Being able to fill multiple rolls when needed is one of the things I found neat as a shaman, not being stuck to dpsing all the time. Can go melee dps as Enhance, ranged as Elemental or healer as Resto.
Went Tauren for the whole "Giant minotaur wielding axes, casting spells and beating your face in" feel. Gotta say it's pretty fun xD
As Ashely said, TSing people from LM or the center in EotS never gets old.
Totem quests can go die in a burning pit of inferno though. So glad they're gone -.-
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Thats one of the things i love about shaman back in the day, yea they sucked but you felt so acomplished once you got them
Reply Quote
As a Shaman, you will never be accused of playing FotM class.

As a Shaman, when you do well in PvE or PvP, people will know that it was the player, not the class.

As a Shaman, when you don't perform well in PvE or PvP, people will generally excuse you because, hey, you're a Shaman.
Edited by Armstrong on 5/22/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/22/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Armstrong
As a Shaman, when you do well in PvE or PvP, people will know that it was the player, not the class.

Main reason I play a shaman.

Also, I never get bored playing my shaman. I love melee, I love ranged, and I love healing. Shaman provides it all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll do less dps than equal geared/skilled players of almost every other class BUT if played EXTREMELY well and with enough gear you can at least be respectable. But yea, if you're looking to dps, make a rogue/spriest/mage. If you want to heal, make a priest/paladin. Positives of a shaman? Running around casting lightning bolt is awesome.
Reply Quote

This
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/22/2012 02:43 AMPosted by Totemposter
Yes ele, its rules all, even in real world pvp, kyte em to a ledge (ie everywhere in moltenfront) thunderstorm, done. gg you never loose.

That is if their fall isn't broken by a pebble or mushroom.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Asthetically the best looking of all.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Feral Spirit
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

This.
And just because you have a blue name on the forums. :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Way back in classic, I was attracted to this class because of Thrall's storyline in Warcraft III. Unfortunately, my brother had already made his first character Alliance, and I wanted to play with him. I made a human mage, but I also made an orc shaman who I got to about level 20 before I deleted him to play my mage full time. I loved that shaman, but I wanted to concentrate on one character at a time (I was a slow leveler).

I loved lightning bolt and chain lightning. I loved the totems and the quests to earn the respect of the elements. I also loved being able to heal myself. During the last days of the Burning Crusade, I made this draenei shaman, and I leveled her all through Wrath of the Lich King and hit level 76 when Cataclysm hit. Stupidly, I leveled all my other characters first (I now have four other 85s), but I am planning on playing Krisha more now as well as in Mists of Pandaria. I love elemental, and restoration is somewhat fun.

Try a shaman for a hybrid with a unique feel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]