Warriors in MoP (PvP)

This season has been tuff on warriors. I feel as if other hybrid classes such as a paladin and death knight can do more damage than me while being able to heal themselves. They are more mobile, and admittedly bring more to a battleground.

However Warriors are just so much more fun to play so regardless of how bad things get I will be here. But is there a shining light at the end of the tunnel?

For those in the beta, how are warriors in PvP as opposed to our current state?
Reply Quote
Right now, in MoP. Warriors second wind, the NEW one is really good. a under geared warrior can stay alive as long if he has enough resil.

THE PROBLEM. Ret paladins can get out of EVERY snare with no cost or CD, WHILE snaring us and kiting us. A real pain

DK's, can do the same thing like they do and whats even worse, they got a faster pet sac and their damage is still insane if you face a good DK. *shrugs*

All I can say, warriors will STILL require a lot of gear to compete. With the Loss of Imp hamstring, we gotta depend on shockwave to stay on target.

Edit: Also like to add, since this was level 85 testing, Ret paladins and dks are pulling out some SERIOUS damage over warriors. The only thing keeping us alive is the new second wind that keeps us fighting when we are low on health.
Edited by Lothao on 5/23/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
l2 spell........................
Reply Quote
He wanted info, not spelling. SORRY my ENGLISH isn't top of the line for a second language
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
In a phrase: status quo.

Arms warriors are no longer held back by Lambs stacks, but many classes — especially ranged — have received a number of abilities with the potential for lowering uptime even further.

With commonsense balance adjustments, our class should be able to contribute to most aspects of PvP (highly competitive levels may be another story) but what concerns me the most is that our experience remains the same. We spend a lot of time frustrated, waiting to use our abilities for a few seconds before trying to catch up again. Many encounters seem to start and end on other classes' terms.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
One problem in assessing pvp right now is not being able to use our great lvl 90 CDs yet, same with other classes. They do give us actual damage CDs which arms has lacked this xpac or a ranged stun + bladestorm. And we haven't seen how other classes interact with their 90 talents.

I've found fury to be actually playable now. Charge instead of intercept, wild strike gives us another non-enrage ability, stuns and blade storm as well. As a note, I don't pvp competitively so I don't know how these changes to fury will help in arenas and RBG, but they cant hurt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I am not too optimistic. I am not in Beta so my response doesn't hold as much weight but I get the impression Blizzard doesn't want us to have an easy mode snare like most classes. I blame Charge. It is such a powerful ability when you think about it that if we had an auto applied snare no one would get away from us. IMO our mobility is based around Charge. Charge is a fun skill, defines this class even, but honestly I think it holds us back in terms of mobility,

We have better mobility via a 30 second (glyphed) Heroic Leap and Stormbolt or Avatar which are not even on Beta yet.

From what I have seen it's still the standard Charge, get some hits in, get kited, charge, get some hits in , get kited. The development team doesn't want to move from this type of gameplay it seems. Shockwave allows you to get a few more hits in before you get kited.

It looks like right now no one will spec in Bladestorm, everyone will get Shockwave. Same for Pericing Howl unless running a special comp. I can see Staggering Shout working well with a Frost DK assuming that shout works with other class snares. Disrupting Shout with a 10 yard range? Please.

The new Second Wind is nice, but I imagine it will get nerfed to the ground.

Of course I'd imagine anything can change from now until near release.
Edited by Nohman on 5/23/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Want to improve warriors? Blizz needs to do the right thing, admit the hero class concept was a dismal failure and yank the death knight class from the game. Handsomely reward those that put their all into the failed class and move on.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
05/23/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Narvi
Want to improve warriors? Blizz needs to do the right thing, admit the hero class concept was a dismal failure and yank the death knight class from the game. Handsomely reward those that put their all into the failed class and move on.

i would love for that to happen because i would really like to start playing my warrior again.

but that woudl only be one of many thing si'd change in this game.

1-get rid of pallys on horde/shamans on alliance
2- either get rid of dk or make them start at lvl 1
3- get rid of flying mounts in azeroth to bring world pvp back
4- make lvling actually hard again ....i wanna feel just a little unique with my character. i dont like coming accross people that have 7 lvl 85's
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
HUGE AMEN on making paladins alliance only, and shaman horde only. That was a good situation for WoW it gave each faction a bit of their own uniqueness. I have no idea why upon BC launch they allowed Blood elves to only be Paladins and not warriors? No Horde paladins and blod elves had warriors like every other horde race. That would have made so much more sense without all the clunky lore that had to go into explaining why blood elves had paladins.

05/23/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Goru

i would love for that to happen because i would really like to start playing my warrior again.

but that woudl only be one of many thing si'd change in this game.

1-get rid of pallys on horde/shamans on alliance
2- either get rid of dk or make them start at lvl 1
3- get rid of flying mounts in azeroth to bring world pvp back
4- make lvling actually hard again ....i wanna feel just a little unique with my character. i dont like coming accross people that have 7 lvl 85's
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
HUGE AMEN on making paladins alliance only, and shaman horde only. That was a good situation for WoW it gave each faction a bit of their own uniqueness.

You didn't play vanilla then. Paladins were functionally superior to shamans in every way. Trying to balance the two so that wasn't the case proved impossible and it meant an entire faction had a significant advantage over the other, both in PvE and in PvP.

The game evolves. Things change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You guys are naive if you think blizz is gonna allow warriors to be equally competitive against their pet classes , pallys, dk , Mage , hunter , Druid. There's just no way.

This is literally the second time in 6 years that warriors haven't been competitive.

Step your game up.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Don't worry guys, War Banner will save us.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have always found threads that derail into a balance topic hilarious, and rarely post because most people haven't seen ratings past 2k on their warrior.

We will always be fine. Sure, its an uphill battle and I've done VERY little pvp on this warrior this season(none at all actually). But things look and feel better in the Beta.

Doing a little pvp here and there in the beta, watching youtube video's, we feel fine. We have new tools that make us a threat once more. We may not have the mobility, damage, rage gen we used to have in Wrath/BC when i was adamant about PvP and could commit myself to both PvE and PvP but i feel lethal again.

Granted, the people I've been playing against in these BG's probably dont know their class as well as i do the warrior or have put much effort into learning it - instead choosing a class at 85 they dont know very well to try it out. It reminds me heavily of the tourny realms they had up for free. But i Digress:

@Caargon - you are right sir. I hated watching alliance have that type of advantage and my horde guild go from Realm first in MC to 4th(Behind all alliance guilds who we beat in progression by weeks) by the end of AQ, just because of the superior buffs that paladins gave.

@Bevoshorns - It's funny that you added hunters to that list. Like hunters, warriors that are amazing are one in a thousand. We are not a DK/Paladin and not the class we used to be. With the end of Wrath we lost everything that made us faceroll: Armor Pen, Rage Gen, high crit, could forfeit defense for damage. Hunters for the longest time had to play on incredibly gimmicky comps that relied heavily on CD's, Their second DPS to carry them. We are now relying on classes the same way Hunters have since Wrath, and hilariously enough on the same ones they do. DK's, Ferals, Warlocks, Shaman.

Certain Comps have it incredibly easy to make it past 2k. But you have to realise that you suck completely at this game and hold no illusions that you are good. The more humble you are and blame yourself vs. qualms with your class the better of a player you will be. For Almost all of season 7 i played Ret/War/Disc and almost hit 2k. Season 8 i played Ret/War/Druid and made it to the same rating almost. Then i played a Myriad of Shadow/War/HPaladin, Double Healer War, War/HPaladin/Shaman, TSG, Mancleave, Ele/War/Hpal.

We are no longer that. We have a few niche comps like almost every class anymore because random doesnt work. Find a good comp with players you know to be good and stick to it.

Good comps include but not limited too: War/Feral/Hpaladin, TSG to an extent, War/hunter/Priest-Pally, War/Lock/Rshaman.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
i like turtles
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
05/23/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Nohman
Charge is a fun skill, defines this class even, but honestly I think it holds us back in terms of mobility,

Yes we lost improv hammie, however we have now shockwave and ps which makes up for that. We will be alright comes MOP, not as gimpy as cata, less frustrating for sures.

Thank you
Edited by Furyasaurus on 6/19/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
05/24/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Caargon
HUGE AMEN on making paladins alliance only, and shaman horde only. That was a good situation for WoW it gave each faction a bit of their own uniqueness.

You didn't play vanilla then. Paladins were functionally superior to shamans in every way. Trying to balance the two so that wasn't the case proved impossible and it meant an entire faction had a significant advantage over the other, both in PvE and in PvP.

The game evolves. Things change.

I totally do not agree with reverting back to vanilla status quo, but you gotta admit that since threat is now irrelevent, paladins making alliance side pve ezmode via blessing of salvation would no longer be an issue.

Shaman are also much more balanced, no more windfury one-shot machines unbalancing pvp.

But really, pvp balance is a joke regardless of what classes are involved lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]