The number one d*** move of all time

90 Night Elf Warrior
I thank you, Alliance FTA, for stealing my guild's chances at killing Lorthemar Theron.

Your great Taunt/Reset on Lor really helped us out a lot, especially since we were obviously there first.

I am very thankful that you ruined my entire guild's hopes of doing this (we tried the first time and got him to 10%)

I am also VERY greatful to the people who spammed the Double MIddle Finger in Chat when we tried to combine groups.

Such a glorious victory, no? I hope you all are proud of yourselves ...

Thank you Drak'thul, for your time.

- Red and ChaosTheory
Edited by Redshiftja on 5/25/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Shamefull day for Humanity as a whole tbh.
Its like the concept of curtiousy doesnt exist anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I second that, Pally. You did great for heals - healed us through Lor for 10 minutes straight, for god knows how long.

If it wasn't for that other raid we might've done it. So close, yet so far.

I would like to thank the Horde rogue who spared my ingame life and let me hearth. Thank you so much for your kindness in the midst of such humiliation.

You were the only one with humility.

There were other Horde watching us fight Lor, and I thank you all for your patience (no sarcasm intended this time)
Edited by Redshiftja on 5/25/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
Edit: People suck
Edited by Coldvibes on 5/26/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Someone never played the original EQ :).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Whatta hell is this game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5152412532

For anyone who wants a laugh.

It's pitiful really, that you took the time to travel from one thread to the next just to troll me.

The only thing I laughed at was your persistence. You only have the brain power to post one liners and little, insignificant pictures to create responses to other people's ideas.

You're pathetic.

05/26/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Volios

As far as I'm concerned, we're playing in 4.3 Cataclysm.
Edited by Redshiftja on 5/27/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wait, you're complaining about a group stealing a kill on a dude that respawns predictably?

I mean, Amorphous has sorta hijacked a kill on a world boss in twilight highlands (we were technically there first, just slower to summon and pull). I could understand the other guys complaining then since he isn't usually up and we were kinda being douchey, but they didn't seem to care all that much (and were dying a lot, just not quite wiping).

If you weren't close to killing him the second time, then it's not nearly as bad as you're making it sound. I'd be pissed if it was another 10% deal, but I'm guessing he was closer to 100% when they started the reset game.

There's always tomorrow. Seriously. Tomorrow. He'll be back where he usually is.

I still need my FTA bear :(

edit: from the information given, it sounds like you were all around 19k dps (probably a little lower). That means that the minimum amount of time the fight would take is around 10.5 minutes. That's a really long time for a FTA raid to wait for you in the first place. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine waiting that long.
Edited by Janaire on 5/26/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
05/26/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Janaire
: from the information given, it sounds like you were all around 19k dps (probably a little lower). That means that the minimum amount of time the fight would take is around 10.5 minutes. That's a really long time for a FTA raid to wait for you in the first place. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine waiting that long.

They werent waiting. There was no "line" at that time.... we were about 2-3 mins into the 2nd attempt and boss around 85-87%.

When we started the 2nd attempt...there was no other raid group. Just us.
So i think it rude they barged into an already engaged fight...and take it for themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/27/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Aevea
: from the information given, it sounds like you were all around 19k dps (probably a little lower). That means that the minimum amount of time the fight would take is around 10.5 minutes. That's a really long time for a FTA raid to wait for you in the first place. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine waiting that long.

They werent waiting. There was no "line" at that time.... we were about 2-3 mins into the 2nd attempt and boss around 85-87%.

When we started the 2nd attempt...there was no other raid group. Just us.
So i think it rude they barged into an already engaged fight...and take it for themselves.

I didn't say it wasn't rude, just that I can understand why they'd want to reset it, and that it wasn't such a ginormous inconvenience that you are forever wounded. They were likely already grouping up during those few minutes, as FTA raids tend to do before each faction leader, so they were also probably there longer than you realized.

And you were still a little under 2 minutes in based on my handy dandy calculator, which really isn't that long.

Really, I would say the guy who scammed me when I was 14 and stole all the gear off my very first Diablo 2 character was more of a %!**. Still remember his battle.net username. I learned my lesson from that, at least. Never got any sort of compensation, just had to go beg in "free" games to get enough gear to keep playing.

There are definitely worse things than that too. Just be glad that the boss resets on a predictable basis.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
05/26/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Redshiftja

As far as I'm concerned, we're playing in 4.3 Cataclysm.

That's great. I was merely illustrating the point that stealing kills in this game is nothing compared to what happened in past MMO's. The entire concept of "owning" a mob or boss in MMO's is very, shall we say, modern. In the past it was more a survival of the fittest situation.

We're talking about an online video game here. People are !@#$%^-s. People are *!@#$%^s in online video games and MMO's. It's been this way since.... forever. If you're surprised people lie, cheat and/or steal in MMO's you're naive. It sucks it happened to you guys but there isn't much to be done about it. I fail to see the purpose in posting about it on the forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]