If you could add whatever you wanted to WoW

90 Human Paladin
So I get the impression a lot of people don't like the direction Christ Metzen is going with WoW, or anything he's done to it in the past. What would YOU do, if you had his job for one day, and you could add/change anything you wanted?

Keep in mind, this effect would be permanent, and it would change the game many have played and enjoyed for 7+ years.

This thread can serve for multiple purposes:
1. Primarily, fun

2. To collect ideas that we as fans like the most, and let Blizzard see them, just for giggles.

3. This one isn't as likely, but I'd love to hear what some of the Blues that read these forums would like added to the game. From what I understand, they have nothing to do with the groups that actually effect gameplay, so I'm sure there are things they want.

===========================================================

Things I would personally add/change to World of Warcraft:

1. The white items that vendors sell, would become a crappy/moderate version of an heirloom, with no experience bonus. This way anyone at any level you could potentially buy something to fill an empty/outdated slot, but it wouldn't be so useful that you wouldn't need to replace it soon, there's no purpose for vendors to ever sell the level 1-5 whites they currently do.

2. I'd re add class specific quests/story, and add new ones for the classes that didn't have them, I believe it's important that each class not only be different because they are different classes, they need to FEEL different and special. These quests add to a sense of identity, and instead of just "Level 20! You learned this skill." you could understand why you learned it, and where it's from etc. If the end result is you get the skill either way, why not let you FEEL your role. Let the Warriors do Warrior type stuff, etc. In addition, each class would get it's own equivalent of what the other classes have, like the Paladin/Warlock/Death Knight mounts.

3. Gallywix? Dead. Boss Mida, Her Tallness? New Female Trade Prince/Princess and faction leader of the Goblins.

4. Everyone is always asking for new ways to customize, new hairstyles/colors, item re skins, ways to get looks that were taken out of the game, etc. One thing that could add to this customization could still be at the character creation screen, I'm talking about the secondary races. Some races have an option to play an alternative version of their race, that would be in the same starting zone. Examples:
Draenei - Broken
Dwarves - Dark Iron/Frost Dwarves/Earthen
Gnomes - Leper Gnomes/Cyborg Mecha-Gnomes
------
Tauren - Taunka
Troll - Forest/Jungle/Ice/Sandfury, etc.
Forsaken - Undead versions of each Alliance race, as I doubt the Horde would let them raise their own side instead of proper burials

5. Add a lot of the items we currently see NPC's use, but are currently unobtainable. As an example, the really big Argent Champion shields, that have the logo-ish symbol that's on their tabard. You can see a ton of them in ICC used to make a wall (shield wall- heh), and the Argent Champion Tauren in the middle is wielding one.

6. Give the Gnomes Gnomeragan, they've been working towards it long enough. To compensate, on the Horde side, as per my #3, Her Tallness takes over the Goblins, and moves them away to build their own new home, where nobody is going to blow it up (at least not the whole thing). The location of this city isn't really important, it could be anywhere.

That's all I have for now, let's hear everyone else' ideas. Please remember to try and keep these realistic, it makes it far more interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
More worgens. New Gilneas. Love that music /facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You've been facepalming a lot lately. Watch your claws.

7. Add more story/stuff to the Draenei and Worgen. Let all the races feel equal.

8. Add a portal to each capital city in all the capitals, so that people can be where they want. Have the ethereals and the void storage, etc. stuff be in each capital also. The portals to the 85 zones are meh, if you really need to use the portal to get there, just take a port to SW then take those ports.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Priest
all mounts removed from raids/dungeons and offered for sale only at npc

removed soulbind..no gear /weapons..nothing is soulbound yup

remove "token only" for shoulders and head gear

remove all aspects of pvp from pve realms (including event ach)

really really nice designed gear like in aion...tera..etc (examples only) no more drab plain frumpy no taste bland virgin gear Oo

ability to dye any and all gear

remove "you have entered too many instances"

fix arch.

remove all dps addons

remove achievements

oo
Reply Quote
New BGs based on events from the old Television show American Gladiators.

That event where you're in giant cage balls pushing each other around? Turn that into a BG.

That event where you fight on platforms with giant q-tips? Turn that into a BG.

That event where some guy named Pyro, Laser, or Thunder shot nerf balls at you, and you had to dodge behind cover and shoot back at the target above them? Turn that into a BG.

The obstacle course? BG.

Do it Blizzard.

/lights cigar.
Reply Quote
Near impossible quests that only the best of the best could finish and that would adapt to your level change. So if you become level 90 it doesn't get any easier just more harder. Never change it, never nerf it. The epic loot from those quest along with the new MOP style upgradable and un able to morg it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Runes and Rune book system from Ultima Online.

Pies that you can throw (and it shows on whom you throw it at).

Nunchakus as mace like weapons.
Morningstars
Boomerangs (we need more!).

Single Player Mode (lol).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/23/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Arhagon
Near impossible quests that only the best of the best could finish and that would adapt to your level change. So if you become level 90 it doesn't get any easier just more harder. Never change it, never nerf it. The epic loot from those quest along with the new MOP style upgradable and un able to morg it.

I agree, except, no loot, no achievement, no proof that you did it except that you know you did it.

Make it so that everyone's experience is different so no guides can be written for it.

If you're the best, why would you need proof of it in loot or achievement. If you have to show something for it, you're just a braggart.

The knowledge and experience, those are the real rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Player housing / guild halls. It just needs to happen already.

Also: Remove dungeon finder. Bring people back into the world.

Bring back weapon proficiency and other stuff that was "dumbed down".
Edited by Fuji on 5/23/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Hordylaforge

I agree, except, no loot, no achievement, no proof that you did it except that you know you did it.

Make it so that everyone's experience is different so no guides can be written for it.

If you're the best, why would you need proof of it in loot or achievement. If you have to show something for it, you're just a braggart.

The knowledge and experience, those are the real rewards.

nah I want loot no one else could have
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/23/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Fuji
Also: Remove dungeon finder. Bring people back into the world.

Except it won't. People will be stuck in Cities, screaming over Trade for hours on end, that they're looking for a group.
And when 5 people form, 1 guy and only 1 guy flies/rides/walks uphill in the snow both ways with no shoes to the dungeon entrance and an argument starts on who will go there with him to start using the Summoning Stone.

But if you're really old, you'll remember when there was no Summoning Stone, and then everyone will slowly trickle over to the instance, only to have the tank/heals exclaim "You guys take forever to get here" drop group, and the group former begs and cajoles the rest to stay by the dungeon entrance and he'll go back to town to scream over trade that they're looking for a group.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Hunter Throwing Weapons

Vol'jin as Troll King, and Warchief.

Make the Alliance not suck again so when we beat them it'll be actually impressive and not favoritism.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
oh dear me.
1: Wave a magic wand and make warlocks awesome again
2: add fourth spec to warlocks: Demon Hunter, tank specilization
3: Add a healing spec to rogues or mages, bard, who can charm a humanoid pet, heals, and buffs, but mixes it up in melee too, not good dps, but look at monk healers as a model. active healing.
4: Alliance storyline gets magically more heroic, and Thrall no longer is part of warcraft lore to the degree he is currently.
5: Server populations are fixed, and LFD has an option where ic an cue server only.
6: Space goats become focus of lore for awhile. Poor guys.
Edited by Vaxxan on 5/23/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What would YOU do, if you had his job for one day, and you could add/change anything you wanted?

Keep in mind, this effect would be permanent, and it would change the game many have played and enjoyed for 7+ years.

I would make it so I could keep the job.

KC runs WoW now.

Be afraid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/23/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Smoothey
all mounts removed from raids/dungeons and offered for sale only at npc

.......no Not going to happen

remove "token only" for shoulders and head gear

.....also not going to happen. Gear is easy to get as it is, Why make it easier?

remove all aspects of pvp from pve realms (including event ach)

don't pvp Simple as that. PVP and PVP Acheivements are optional. Not needed to do

remove all dps addons

won't happen either. You would have to remove the whole function of all add ons.

fix arch.

It isn't broken.

Some of the posts that this Blood elf made is good. The Ability to change the color of your current gear, not just change the model of it. and Remove the to Many Instance thing. Other won't happen. Sorry had to point that out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
I'd add a little BC and a touch of vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Did I really see "heal spec for rogues" mentioned above? That just frightens me :0

I would add:

-Aerial jousting (like the quest in hyjal but pvp)
-Demon hunter class
-More world chests with decent loot
-Class specific quests to give players a more immersive experience with different toons.
-Optional group quests and more challenging leveling content.

I would remove:
-Overly flashy and obnoxious Blizz store mounts that say, "look at me, I spent real money!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]