The Best Warlock dps spec

85 Orc Warrior
I'm an old school destro lock from BC/Wrath, and now I'm at the point where I want to return to being a warlock, but I want to know what I should roll spec wise when I begin to raid.

Help?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
All 3 specs are roughly equal in the current tier, with some performing better than others on a fight-per-fight basis.

Aff is the only one of the three that shouldn't be used on a fight at all (Spine). So if you're looking for one spec to run DS, I would suggest Destro or Demo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
05/26/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Drostahn
Aff is the only one of the three that shouldn't be used on a fight at all (Spine). So if you're looking for one spec to run DS, I would suggest Destro or Demo.

And Destro/Demo should not be run on Madness. Dual talent trees exist for a reason.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
05/26/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Amarix
And Destro/Demo should not be run on Madness. Dual talent trees exist for a reason

Really? Why not, exactly? For spine, Aff simply has no real burst damage, and is largely ineffective for killing tendons, but what about Madness makes Destro and Demo bad?

Ideally, yes, one would run two specs (Aff/Demo or Aff/Destro, depending) though as someone who enjoys both PvP and PvE, I dislike having both specs cater to only one of the two. I suppose Aff can take advantage of Madness' mechanics more? But with the 20% nerf, does it matter so much that Dest/Demo 'should not be used'?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Affliction/Single target Demo, is great.

Affliction is much better than Destro/Demo for (HM) Madness by a lot.
Reply Quote
78 Night Elf Druid
I'd have to say Affliction for pvp and Demo and Destro for pve, affliction for pvp because of the fears
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I use affliction for everything all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I use affliction 99% of the time (because I'm better at it.) I also have demo, but I'm not that great with it. I prefer affliction. I'm middle-of-the road dps in DS, but I still perform adequately.

I only recently picked this lock back up after shelving it for a year, so I'm still a bit rusty.

As others have said, all three specs are viable and each one has it's "best" fights. Even if affliction is not the optimal spec for a specific fight, I probably won't switch. Like I said, I'm better at affliction.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
07/01/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Awesomeos
affliction for pvp because of the fears

lol.

05/26/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Derrí
Aff is the only one of the three that shouldn't be used on a fight at all (Spine).

Aff can do well on spine depending on your strat.

05/26/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Amarix
Destro/Demo should not be run on Madness.

If your raid needs 10% sp, or replen, then yes, it should be.

I'm an old school destro lock from BC/Wrath, and now I'm at the point where I want to return to being a warlock, but I want to know what I should roll spec wise when I begin to raid.

Help?

Right now, all three specs are so close on dps that you can do well with any of them, but if you want to min/max for specific fights, check out dpsbot.
http://­raidbots­.com/­dpsbot/Morchok/25H/100/14/60/default/#1o
This shows you the order of highest to lowest dps per fight based on class/spec, you can toggle all specs for warlock to compare and make your calls that way. Good luck to you and have fun! :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
05/26/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Derrí
Aff is the only one of the three that shouldn't be used on a fight at all (Spine).

this is so untrue lol. it kinda makes me feel sorry for u.if u truely think this, u have my pity

05/26/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Derrí
as someone who enjoys both PvP and PvE, I dislike having both specs cater to only one of the two

this however i very much agree with u.
Edited by Eleclya on 7/2/2012 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
22 Blood Elf Warlock
What does it mean to dont run destro/demo to madness
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
07/06/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Hypewizyd
What does it mean to dont run destro/demo to madness

Probably because 99% of the fight is non-aoe multi-target and that's where affliction shines the most.

Oh and let's not forget the final phase starts with DW at 25% which is a magic number for Affliction warlocks.

As/for you -- just level, I suggest affliction draintanking, it's literally unstoppable. Keep your imp out, life tap for mana, dot + drain life all the things and you won't die, or even have down time from 1-85.

*EDIT -- to clarify destro/demo are specs, and madness is a boss fight in the current tier of raiding, don't worry about raiding just yet, worry about learning how to keep dots up on multiple targets, worry about learning how to use your abilities, etc.
Edited by Cryptrot on 7/6/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]