So... how bout that Game of Thrones?

85 Goblin Death Knight
Was the Battle of Blackwater not the absolute shiznit? Best Episode so far I think. Man, just so effing good, this show.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Indeed
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
I need to get into this show. Where and when does it come on?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
HBO Sundays at 8 central time. Bit late to get into it now lol, season finale is this week. Buy the Season 1 DVD/blu ray if you want. There are however less expensive, somewhat frowned upon ways to check out all the episodes... which might or might not be how I watch it...
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
Ah, okay... *wink* I'll go see if my... walmart has the DVD. Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
05/28/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Cielos
I loved the moments between Arya and Lord Tywin... too bad there shall be no more of that. I find myself also just not caring about Jon Snow at all... if his character was taken out of the show I would be 100% fine with that.
I too enjoyed the moments between Tywin and Arya, the fact that he was growing so fond of the enemy really drove home the reason the war is so tragic. I really don't think they could do all that character interaction building just to end it like that though, but that might just be wishful thinking. If anything the next time they see each other will be when/if she's revealed as a Stark to him.

I agree though, it has been odd watching Jon Snow just walking about the frozen wastelands of the north. Not very exciting, partly because of the fact that it so far from anything that we actually care about. Has nothing to do with any of the 5 kings, no effect on any core/favorite characters, and has so far just been boring to watch. Which makes me wonder what people were talking about when they said "Jon Snow actually gets to do something in season 2" before it started. He hasn't really done anything and it's the end of the season already. Oh well, can't wait for the season finale this week!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I will only accept your opinion if you have watched every season of The Wire. Otherwise, get to steppin.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I saw S1 on DVD -- Bean was so good, as was basically all of it. I don't have HBO, so I'm lagging on it. I have read the books. I surely hope good old G. RailRoad Martin finishes them.

SPOILER
For those regarding Jon:
First off, I have a fondness for H-less Jons. Second, he gets to do a LOT over the next little while -- maybe not so much this season, but he definitely gets a ton of character time. (DID I SAY SPOILER ALERT -- YOU WERE WARNED)

Then he..... (FINAL SPOILER ALERT)

(Intermittent Spoiler: Who is Jon's Mother? Is it Rhaegar's sister? Is he Targaryen blood?)

NOTE: SPOILER IMMINENT

------------------YOU WERE WARNED-----------------------

............................................................Dies. Don't they all? Well, he doesn't *necessarily* die, but he leaves any corporeal form as we know him. It's near the end of Dance With Dragons, the 5th book. From the preamble chapter of that book, we can assume he will inhabit the body of some animal -- possibly.... hmmmm... Ghost? Or, maybe he comes back as a corpse-zombie-thingie like Caetlyn -- probably not. Anyway, it remains to be seen, and it saddened me quite a bit.
Edited by Ingafel on 5/29/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
[quote]

I agree though, it has been odd watching Jon Snow just walking about the frozen wastelands of the north. Not very exciting, partly because of the fact that it so far from anything that we actually care about. Has nothing to do with any of the 5 kings, no effect on any core/favorite characters, and has so far just been boring to watch.

But... what real threat do the Kingdoms face? What's the meta-story? I grok that this season may have enraptured people with the War of the 5 Kings, but what is lurking beyond while they jockey about their petty Game of Thrones? Jon's facing the real shiznit. Maybe he should bed a wildling to learn more?

On the show, has he fought half-hand yet?
Edited by Ingafel on 5/29/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
OMG!! game of thrones! that show dominates! can't wait for season three! sooo excited =)

hello dalaran! =P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Just finished the books. Great series. The show is great as well, I can live with the changes they've made.

Also seen every season of The Wire (twice), so this is a valid opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]