Best Race/Spec for Paladin?(Alliance)

85 Night Elf Hunter
Attempting to dip my feet into Paladin(Always meant to play it, never got around to it) so I want to know what alliance race is the best for paladin?

I don't intend to go healadin(I have a guildie who is covering that) so between Prot and Ret which is more fun?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
dwarf/dwarf
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
human/human/cow/human
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Lol alright, 1 dwarf 1 human o.o
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Human, 2 free exp bonus, EMFH in pvp.
ret, yeah just go prot while lvling, its smoother.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Play what you like, seriously that's the best advice anyone can give.

But for raw min maxing numbers.

Prot: Dwarf is the best for their extra defensive CD.
Ret: Draenei is the best due to it's free 1% hit.

As for which is more fun that's really something you have to decide for yourself, both specs are fully functional and good at what they do.
Reply Quote
Then there's the gorilla in the room. For PvP, human is the best, doesn't matter what spec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Draenei gives the most versatility for both specs IMO, though dwarf is quite close.

For ret, Draenei gives 1% hit and for prot you've got GotN, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Dwarf gives stoneform, which is great. For ret, you've got the exp bonus if you can run a mace, but youre at the mercy of the current loot table if a mace is viable or not..

Human is all but useless for both prot and ret PvE (there are a few exceptions where Everyman comes to the rescue) but is godmode for PvP.

There have been some rumors that the human racial might be changing in MoP though, so grain of salt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
So yeah,.. fun forums bug that moves your post to a different thread, anyone have that before? Just did here.
Edited by Jakosta on 5/24/2012 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Draenei gives the most versatility for both specs IMO, though dwarf is quite close.

For ret, Draenei gives 1% hit and for prot you've got GotN, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Dwarf gives stoneform, which is great. For ret, you've got the exp bonus if you can run a mace, but youre at the mercy of the current loot table if a mace is viable or not..

Human is all but useless for both prot and ret PvE (there are a few exceptions where Everyman comes to the rescue) but is godmode for PvP.

There have been some rumors that the human racial might be changing in MoP though, so grain of salt.

I beg to differ.
Humans have the expertise for both swords and maces, which if ret only then that will widen the loot table for ya. Also if you feel like ever leaning to holy then the spirit is helpful.

Rumors on humans in particular, are just rumors.
Blizzard did however state they may revamp racials all together.
Edited by Jakosta on 5/24/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I beg to differ.
Humans have the expertise for both swords and maces, which if ret only then that will widen the loot table for ya. Also if you feel like ever leaning to holy then the spirit is helpful.

Praise the Light. Let's hope so. About the only things I like racial-wise about my paladin are the sword/mace expertise and diplomacy. I wish I had gone dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I beg to differ.

Ah true, forgot about the exp for humans. I've just never been a big fan of the weapon type specific bonuses for alliance. You need to meet the weapon type just to keep up from a racial perspective, and if your viable weapon in a tier isn't that type, you're out in the cold. If they do a racial revamp, I wouldn't be shocked to see type requirements go.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
(Its Esie) Thanks for all your assistance! I will be rolling a Dwarf initally, and seeing as I have RaF 3x exp I'll have a human PvP pally on the side. Thanks all your faces :D
Reply Quote
29 Worgen Hunter
I have the same problem. I am quite new to the game so all this pve rot pre !@#$ makes no sense to me at ALL. I am only torn between human and dranei WHICH IS BETTER FOR WAHHTTT PLSLSSSS
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you intend on doing any PvP, ret consistent damage is weak right now (ignoring the fact that we also have no ret-specific utility, long cds, and roughly no presence in competitive arena/rbg)

Double PvP trinket helps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]