364,378 & The Alliance AH

90 Draenei Shaman
Take a look over at the alliance auction house right now for the highest priced items and you'll see what I mean. I'm no AH expert so I ask, what in tarnations is going on? Someone derp'ing or is this some sort of scam?

Here's an example and note, it's not just enchanting mats. Last night I saw a ton of greens listed at that price too. http://imgur.com/1MTWB
Edited by Krsnik on 5/24/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
gold sellers they would buy the gold and the person recieving would end up with ~350K, or they are trying to jack up the price of void crystals - so when someone uses the auctioneer addon and get then avrage cost of the item it would come back a few thousand and people may but it to try to resell for higher considering their scans showed it at a few hundred when it goes for thousdands
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Right but it's not just void crystals. It's everything from different enchanting mats to low level greens, so and so forth. Just really, really weird.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
sorry not sure if my 2nd example made to much sence, let me try it this way

I have 500 crystals.

I want to sell them for tons.

I post a few up with $$$$$$$ prices

People scan the AH with addons and see the avrage price go way up. (say to 1000 or so)

After a few weeks of doing this, i take all my crystals and post then for 400g a pop.

People then buy it and try to resell it for more becouse their addon is telling them that the avrage price is 1000

but guess what... their crap and i just made a S ton off you.

disclaimer: this is an example. - thats not me lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ahh, okay. I guess that makes for a good reason to use just the basic AH addons that undercut or none at all.

Thanks for explaining!
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
!@#$ING TROOM AND HIS GREEN ITEMS FOR 360KG!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]