Authenticator Value invalid

85 Undead Rogue
I'm trying to log onto another battle.net account I have, which has an authenticator. However, when I type in my authenticator code, an error message comes up saying, "Authenticator value invalid." How can I fix this?
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
If you have a mobile authenticator it may need resyncing:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-troubleshooting
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Tried resyncing, still having the same problem.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/16/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Reconfígured
Tried resyncing, still having the same problem.

Then you will need to call Billing to see if they can fix it. They will be able to assist you on the phone. Make sure you have the serial number from the authenticator, it will make the process faster. On the mobile authenticators you should be able to find that in the settings.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Yeah, I called earlier. They said their phone queues were full so I guess I'll have to wait a while and try again. S:
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/16/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Reconfígured
Yeah, I called earlier. They said their phone queues were full so I guess I'll have to wait a while and try again. S:

Yea unfortunately they seem to be getting swamped with the whole D III release issues. Good luck though and I hope you don't have to wait too long to get ahold of them...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just got a keychain authenticator and I am also having this problem. I tried calling and they are currently overloaded. >_<
Edited by Quis on 5/25/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Should've made a new topic. This is about the mobile version.

However, you will still want to call billing.

[edit]Oh, you did? Alright, keep trying.[/edit]
Edited by Nobody on 5/25/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
05/25/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Quis
I just got a keychain authenticator and I am also having this problem.

Give Billing a call as someone else suggested to the OP. http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact Hijacking someone else's thread won't help much.

Edit: Keep hitting redial till you get to speak to someone and if you're in a queue, don't hang up.
Edited by Kiraelphii on 5/25/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
just a note to people in this thread not sure if this is hijacking or not

you can no longer use the same authenticator for two difrent accounts so op and thread jacker if you are trying to use the authenticator for two diffrent accounts it will not work speeking of wich i need to get an authinticaot for my other account good luck to both of you
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Sorry for the last minute edit confusing everyone but anyway, I used this topic because searching for a topic of the same matter is considered common courtesy and the original post didn't specify mobile.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If someone has direct access to your authenticator, or has the serial for it, the safety offered by the authenticator is basically reduced to nil.

By the sounds of it, you have a phone authenticator? Or am I misunderstanding?

By the way, please start your own thread. I read through it thinking that this was an authenticator resync problem.
Edited by Amaelalin on 8/5/2012 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/05/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Cayner
They claim that you are unhackable with the authenticator

This claim has NEVER been made. The authenticator just makes it more difficult to gain access to an account.

08/05/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Cayner
changed teh authenticator, and the restore wotnt work

Were you using a keyfob authenticator or a mobile authenticator? If mobile was it on a "jailbroken" phone?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]