Friendship Is Magic General Thread #3

90 Human Warlock
06/04/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Kazanel
I'd rather see a Scootaloo episode.
Yes!
100 Orc Death Knight
I wanna see a Starswirl flashback episode. Or a movie length "Origins of Discord" type deal.

06/04/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Viral
I've never seen My Little Pony, but I'm convinced that there isn't a single second of it that would live up to the idiotic amount of hype these clowns who call themselves "bronies" are giving it.

I feel the same way about sports and the Xbox, bro.
Edited by Soeroah on 6/5/2012 2:56 AM PDT
Hmm depends you can re watch episodes to try and find the hidden references. You can go and visit equestria daily and look at all the fan art, comics, and music bronies have made. There is also fanfiction you can read to pass time till season three all depends on which interests you and what doesnt.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Careful of the fan fictions. You might stumble on something you don't want to see. Some are very nice and cute. Some are...sickening
what ultraxion says is true there are some fanfics out there that are quite... horrifying so always make sure to check its tags and ratings so you don't come across those ones.
Yes My Little Dashie has that effect on many a person. First fic i read was end of ponies still waiting for the bloody thing to update but ive made do with many others to read and such though i think I've read way too much than anyone else probably has O.o.
90 Human Warlock
06/05/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Ariepto
Killercaitie's a brony? Wow, i'm a little shocked.

/) Brohoof!

06/05/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Altareon
Yes My Little Dashie has that effect on many a person. First fic i read was end of ponies still waiting for the bloody thing to update but ive made do with many others to read and such though i think I've read way too much than anyone else probably has O.o.

I've never actually read MLD...

I read Cupcakes to see why everyone so so creeped out by it. Maybe it's just my love of horror films but it didn't creep me out in the slightest.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
06/06/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Killercaitie
I read Cupcakes to see why everyone so so creeped out by it. Maybe it's just my love of horror films but it didn't creep me out in the slightest.

That stuff is bad and all, but seriously if you played like gears of war and fallout with the intense gore along with the tons of movies with gore in it, it just becomes a mere science lesson.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't read too many fanfics...

but Centerpiece of my Collection / Collection of my Centerpiece is two short stories and really good.

I also remember reading one with Scootaloo getting adopted by Rainbow Dash.

ALL OF MY FEELS.
90 Human Warlock
Fanficts are a nice indicator on how much you really like the show.
There are multiple levels of the brony community on how much you like it.

1) You like the show, but its not your best favorite show. Its among the top 10.
2) You greatly like the show. Still not the best, but its top 3.
3) You love the show. Its number 1 on your list.
4) You really love the show. Its the only thing on your mind and all you talk about.
5)You weirdly really love the show. You make fanficts like Cupcakes.
6) Unexplainable.

I am at 3 probably transferring to 4 soon.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just read fics when I'm actually in the mood to read fics, which is not very often. (like once every two months or so) and I can't stand a novella-length fic. If I wanted to read a doorstopper, I'd actually read one (Like finishing ADwD in 6 days just after it came out).

Fics take a certain kind of commitment really. A PMV or a song lasts what... 3 minutes? A digital comic or a pic is almost instant gratification. Fanfics take a much longer time, and then there are those that are serialized -- which gets aggravating when you run into one and it turns out it's not finished/has been abandoned.

Also, as much as I like the show, I don't talk about it all the time... in fact, rather than bring it up, I just wait for someone else to start the conversation and then I join in.

I do wear pony shirts every now and then but no one has actually identified them =( -- prolly because they look too artsy to make sense of. (Noveau Rarity and Noveau Fluttershy -- planning to get Noveau Applejack and Luna's Nightmare)
100 Human Mage
Are we transitioning to fanfic recommendations now?

You get the big names like Fallout: Equestria or Past Sins, or the infamous ones like... Cupcakes. Or Rocket to Insanity. Or... My Little Dashie. Yeeeeeeah.

Personal recommendation? My Little Denarians. It's a brilliant crossover with Dresden Files. So canny it's like Jim Butcher himself is writing it. I think it's been done much better than the other Dresden crossover (The Dresden Fillies) mainly that Harry remains the narrator throughout the entire series instead of alternating with a third-person following of Twilight. MLD does take place after Ghost Story, so keep that in mind if you're not caught up on the entire series yet.

The only thing I'll say about it (aside from it being totes awesome, almost as radical as Dash) is the author must've been a big fan of the Flutter Ro Dah t-shirt.
90 Human Warlock
If the main 6 were to be classes in the game what do you think they would be?
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/07/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Swirls

Twilight would be a mage, duh...
Rainbow would be a rogue.
Fluttershy would be a priest.
Pinkie Pie would be... A HUNTER! We're so flamboyant! Ok maybe a mage? Monk? A class just for pinkie pie, because she has the power to warp physics?
Applejack would be a paladin/warrior.
Rarity would be... umm... I haz no idea.
06/07/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Swirls

Twilight would be a mage.
Fluttershy would be a druid.
Applejack would be a warrior.
Rarity would be a priest.
Rainbow dash would be either a rogue or a paladin.
and pinkie would be her own class because she cannot be limited by rules and laws :P.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]