Maelstrom Memes

85 Gnome Mage
Everything Maelstrom is just beneath the surface. Sometimes we can't quite put it out there for whatever reasons (primarily reasons that my legal advisor, Forumtorque Mechalaw, tells me).

So if you don't pay attention, and constantly read, you will not understand "Maelstrom Memes."

Let me give you some examples. If I say:

"Are you down with the Bootstrap?"

or

"Napoleon Complex / Hobbit / Narcissist."

or

"The janitor cracks his hard-worker mop into the ground."

You might have no idea what I am talking about unless you read frequently.

But don't expect Maelstromers to explain these memes-- you will have to ask them personally if you want to know (again, my lawyer Forumtorque Mechalaw advises me that this is best).

At this time. I would like to invite people to name off "Maelstrom Memes." If you want to know their meaning. . . . remember. . . . you will have to whisper the person in game to find out.
Edited by Invictus on 5/29/2012 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't like "And stay out!!" famous quote used by Horde Strike Froce! Reason world pvp went down if a player leaves they aren't allowed back. I had a fight with Gug but my alt was cool with him... still got kicked.
If Maelstrom is a hose that sprays world pvp, then hsf is stepping on it.
Reply Quote
TORNADO PIG!

Only those within the NRU will understand.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
itt post memes about yourself or your friends
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
In b4 Boartooth
Venicide#1 Shadow priest!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Woe
venicide isn't so much a meme as he is a running joke to all of maelstrom
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
In b4 Boartooth

The orc hunter known as Boartooth strolls up to the podium and glances over the crowd that has gathered to hear what words he has to speak. His gaze rests for a few moments on Juxtapoz. He gives him a hard look and growls a bit. The bastard rogue had stolen his thunder. He finally relaxes, knowing that Jux was only playing around and probably wasn't that bad of a guy. Boartooth thinks hard a moment. He crosses his arms. A smirk comes to his face. He leans forward and almost whispers into the microphone, "Water bottle." He holds one hand up in the air triumphantly as the crowd goes wild.
Edited by Boartooth on 5/30/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
05/30/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Boartooth
He holds one hand up in the air triumphantly as the crowd goes wild.

Stand proud my friend. If you are lucky I will share some of that thunder I stole with you, over a romantic picnic of course.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
In b4 Boartooth

The orc hunter known as Boartooth strolls up to the podium and glances over the crowd that has gathered to hear what words he has to speak. His gaze rests for a few moments on Juxtapoz. He gives him a hard look and growls a bit. The bastard rogue had stolen his thunder. He finally relaxes, knowing that Jux was only playing around and probably wasn't that bad of a guy. Boartooth thinks hard a moment. He crosses his arms. A smirk comes to his face. He leans forward and almost whispers into the microphone, "Water bottle." He holds one hand up in the air triumphantly as the crowd goes wild.

I'm thinkin' Arby's.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
In b4 Boartooth

Well done sir.
Reply Quote
hey yo what you did was hella shady
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Who let the dogs out!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
05/30/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Boartooth
"Water bottle."

Was that you who hit Justin Bieber with the water bottle?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
05/29/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Invictus
"Napoleon Complex / Hobbit / Narcissist."

Napoleon complex (also, Napoleon syndrome or Small Man syndrome) is a colloquial pejorative term used to describe a type of inferiority complex which is said to affect people who are short. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives. In 2007, research by the University of Central Lancashire in England produced evidence that the Napoleon complex is a myth. The study discovered that short men (below 5 foot 5 inches) were less likely to lose their temper than men of average height. The experiment involved subjects dueling each other with sticks, with one subject deliberately rapping the other’s knuckles. Heart monitors revealed that the taller men were more likely to lose their tempers and hit back. The lead researcher concluded, “The results were consistent with the view that Small Man Syndrome is a myth.”

Actually Napoleon Bonaparte was a little above average for his time (1.68 m or 5,6), even if this doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t want to be taller.

http://www.the-incredible-shrinking-man.net/?p=436

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/43045-napoleon-complex-is-a-myth

http://jenni.uchicago.edu/Spencer_Conference/Papers%202010/Fessler_Hoffman_etal_2010w_Height%20and%20Competitiveness.pdf

Wait a second. Hold on. I thought it was supposed to be short folks who were competitive? What happened to the whole Napoleon Complex phenomenon? You mean that’s not real?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm8l0sx2vR1qg1a4d.gif
Reply Quote
Look at the hobbit, trying to use logic. Ohohohohohoho.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
06/04/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Phooze
Napoleon complex

The study discovered

one subject deliberately rapping

Excellent research. Definitely confirms your napoleon complex.

I think the clencher, though, was you confirming that you are actually the exact same height as Napoleon in real life.

Can you deliberately rap for us again perhaps? It's gangsta yo.

Edit: wait wait wait. . . . *Invictus scoots a stepping stool forward for Phooze to stand on.* Make sure everybody can see whose layin down the mad rhymes.
Edited by Invictus on 6/4/2012 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well, the non-existent Napoleon Complex would only make sense if you were actually taller than me, right invictus? So how tall are you? (Picture for proof please.) And also.. I don't feel competitive towards you, because I don't have to worry about you in PvP and certainly not arena.

So I guess that myth is busted. :/ I'll just walk away, victorious, like in the other 2 or 3 threads.
You guys gotta work on something new, I'll wait.

Btw Mana, I heard you had some vent troubles recently? That's a shame. <3
Edited by Phooze on 6/4/2012 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I see those hobbit insults are getting to you Phooze. Had to seek revenge on my poor lovely Noobs by nuking our vent? :( Luckily, I was taken to an underground bunker for safety. The bunker was smurf proof so I didn't have to worry about you getting in. :3
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
06/04/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Thenoobkings
I see those hobbit insults are getting to you Phooze. Had to seek revenge

06/04/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Thenoobkings
nuking our vent?

It actually makes perfect psychological sense that Phooze would pick fights all the way to the point of taking it to Ventrilo griefing:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/invictus13/NapoleonComplex.jpg

Careful you don't get thrown in prison for vent griefing Phooze. Of course, I suspect you won't be abused WAY too much in there though. . . . people don't like scrapin their knees.

Keep in mind, though, you can probably get mad respect in prison by asserting any number of Phooze Facts (or by deliberately rapping). It worked so well here.
Edited by Invictus on 6/4/2012 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]