Got kicked out of Dungeon because!!

85 Orc Hunter
I was using explosive traps and AOE's.

The tank never had problem holding hate on all of the mobs, my DPS was 20k and the next closest DPS was 8k.

It was a non-heroic dungeon.

The party leader kept calling me and noob and I was terrible, but as DPS I was double the next closest person.

Is AOE not acceptable in dungeons?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I didnt understand half that stuff but I get what you're saying. The tank is butt hurt. Aoe is part of being a good dps. But it all depends. Where you aoeing when there was 1 boss, or where your aoe's hitting other mobs the tank was not engaging?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I was only aoeing the trash mob in the way to the boss, on the bosses I just did standard rotation. Standing in front of the last boss they just kicked me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
05/17/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Chevie
and if your usually high in the dps compared to other classes...than obviously your good.

just wanted to point out how ridiculously hilarious this statement.

also, why do we always take the posters side?
I mean he just came in here with a story, never mind the validation of truth, but just the sheer fact that 4 ppl in the 5 man decided to kick someone, should at least make you stop and think.

when the rest of the world seems crazy to you...i've got some bad news for you buddy.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
05/17/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Chevie
...but i would just use flame trap...

i luv u
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Are you Misdirecting to the tank beforehand and Feigning Death when you acquire threat?

Hunters that consistently pull agro from tanks frequently get kicked from random dungeon groups.

There are also add-ons available (Omen is one) that will display agro percentages, which can be really helpful in your circumstance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/17/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Borat
and if your usually high in the dps compared to other classes...than obviously your good.

I mean he just came in here with a story, never mind the validation of truth, but just the sheer fact that 4 ppl in the 5 man decided to kick someone, should at least make you stop and think.

when the rest of the world seems crazy to you...i've got some bad news for you buddy.

Not really, most of the time people just vote yes for the vote to kick without actually reading what it says :P

I wouldn't worry about getting kicked too much, they probably saved you from some future wipes and headaches.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Are you Misdirecting to the tank beforehand and Feigning Death when you acquire threat?

Hunters that consistently pull agro from tanks frequently get kicked from random dungeon groups.

There are also add-ons available (Omen is one) that will display agro percentages, which can be really helpful in your circumstance.

I routinely pull of tanks (not so much anymore since i am behind on gear) but when i do, i typically FD, and if i see a mob going after my healer, I put it on ice until the tank can claim it.
Reply Quote
27 Human Priest

This is true. OP is only giving their side of the story. There were 4 other people in that group. OP is not going to say they were posting meters, and then ragging on others about the meters, or asking for meters after every pull. And no, not everyone will mindlessly push "yes" in a kick vote.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
doing the best dps doesnt mean you're good.

you could be grouped with idiots, low geared players.
you could be aoe-ing when single target is called for.

my comment stems from the very large group of people who assume that they are good players because they top their 5 mans, then when they enter a real raiding environment they are in for a rude awakening.
When you join a grp where your dps is secondary (since everyone is high) and the other factors that determine what type of player you are are highlighted, it becomes very obvious as to the skill level of that player, and its not dps dependent.

Didn't mean to "judge" you or anything, but flame trap, assuming you meant the single target immolation trap one is horrible, and does less dps single target than explosive trap.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Hunter
you will stumble upon a lot of stupid ignorant people in this game.

dont worry about it.

the only way i see this as a problem is if you keep gaining the threat. however, if in the past you managed to keep the threat off you(with the same class...not any different class, and by that i mean, keeping the threat off you as well with a pally tank, instead of a warrior tank) than the tank is bad.

I do what you do too, it keeps the dps up and only takes a second to cast, than its on its own.

oh also remember some people are just on here to be jerks, trolls, or they are just one of those people that like to pick on the best players just to piss them off...idk maybe because they are jealouse

edit:

i dont know if its easier to hold aggro for different classes(kind of what I was trying to get at above) but usually, a tank should hold aggro no matter how hard the dps is, and again if he can hold it, than i dont know his problem, if he cant, i guess he has bad gear, or its just the class idk, but than how do they raid?

and you can aoe the boss to(with traps) if you want...but i would just use flame trap...

This is not true.

Was in LFR yesterday which normally I blow away, and on skittles, I got beat by 1k by another hunter. I thought WOW hes a hell of a hunter as he was in lower gear than I was...

then I looked at recount...he didnt even TOUCH a slime. Not even a dot. So he failed to play correctly so that he could see big numbers omg.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
Breaking cc? I dunno. Were you rubbing your numbers in their faces?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
MisDirect Son.
Reply Quote
noob tank. I've had a tank tell me to stop using multi-shot because he couldn't handle the aggro. He was promptly kicked. It's the tanks job to hold aggro through the dps best efforts to kill them as quick and efficiently as possible. I play a tank, I do this when I tank. If a tank has to tell his dps to stop using aoe attacks, he has no reason to be tanking, he does not know what he's doing. The only time a tank could ask such a thing would be very early lvl, before the tank had any aoes of his own. But end game, there is not an excuse in the world for that. Tell a tank that says that to suck your fat dsp, and do his job.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There really is no way of knowing. Maybe you inadvertantly offended one or more of the party. I saw someone else mention something along these lines, but even if I am tanking or healing, someone bragging about how much more DPS they are pulling drives me up the wall. If you were posting DPS charts in party chat, that might have inspired the group eviction.

Were they from the same guild/server? Perhaps they were booting you to make room for another they knew.

Were they marking adds for CC? If you were AoEing and breaking intended CCs that might explain why they felt the need to remove you.

Perhaps there were rogues, feral druids or enhancement shaman that would have prefered to have less competition.
Reply Quote
45 Blood Elf Hunter
Im a hunter and pretty new to dungeons and pvp in general... i have only done 3 dungeons and have been kicked outta 2... the last one the tank told me to take Taunt off of my pet.. i had no idea what he was talking about... i looked it up and realized it was growl... but damn.. did the !@#$%^- really have to kick me? Yes i am a noob.. i dont care, i just play the game for fun.. not because its my life.. i just didnt understand what was going on..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
05/17/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Borat

But...the rest of the world is crazy! :) I wonder if people in an asylum have the same problem?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]