PVP Resto hit rating - necessary or not?

Got alot of conflicting opinions on this...can anyone shed some light?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
PvP or PvE? for PvE if your running a TC build its really not that necessary since you still hit enough

For PvP its up to you but id advise just grabbing the 410 and spell pen so your hexs and shocks dont miss.
Reply Quote
PvP. So as long as I have spell pen, I don't need to worry about my hit for hex and shocks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/21/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Scarlët
PvP. So as long as I have spell pen, I don't need to worry about my hit for hex and shocks?

For PvP, get your hit cap. It's 5% (or 4%..I can't remember atm.). It's not so high that it's like pulling teeth to get it, so get it. You can miss and coming from experience, missing with your Hex and Frost Shock sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
lol dranei so its 3%...ull probably pick it up when you finish gearing...u need 200 spell-pen btw
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Some people don't get it in favor of having more spirit, but in my humble opinion a missed hex or shock is much more gamechanging than a bit less mana regen.

So I'd definitely get the 4% hit cap.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much, everyone. Got my spell pen neck so that's all set and slowly fixing my hit to soft cap at an 85!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've seen a few top rated gladiator resto shamans go with no hit rating, but I believe that's because they are playing with amazingly good peeling partners, and they're usually playing CC heavy comps like MLS, RLS, shadowplay, etc, so they don't depend on a hex landing in order to secure a kill. Even then, its only a very select few that do with no hit rating.

For most other people, you're better off getting the 4% hit (which is not hard to get).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]