How powerful are the burning legion's lords?

90 Draenei Warrior
i know sargeras is incredibly powerful but how powerful are the rest of them like kil'jaedan, archimonde, tichondrius, and mannoroth? let's say compared to the dragon aspects for reference?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Impossible to tell for the most part, although I would like to point out that Tichondrius and Mannoroth were not lords of the Legion so much as Lieutenants (spellcheck).
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It can be assumed that Archimonde and Kil'jaedan were stronger than the aspects one on one. Their lieutenants were likely weaker though not by much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
As powerful as the plot demands at the moment.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mannoroth and Tichondrius were likely a few clicks below Cenarius.

Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde are/were in a league all their own, and likely more powerful than anything we've ever faced thus far.

That's why including them in the game as early as TBC really bugs me. Archimonde would likely have plucked Deathwing out of the sky and noogied him to death.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Archi and KJ killed several Ancients. Including Malorne. Archi regardless of us fighting him, was killed by wisps. KJ we only fought literally half of him and was pushed back by the Sunwell exploding or something.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Dryker
That's why including them in the game as early as TBC really bugs me. Archimonde would likely have plucked Deathwing out of the sky and noogied him to death.

Wasn't Deathwing pumped full of the power of the Old Gods? I think in a one-on-one fight, Deathwing would win, though narrowly. It took the power of a super-special artifact, the World Shaman, and all of the other Aspects to bring Deathwing down, whereas Archimonde was, well, killed by wisps.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Archimonde was killed by like 50,000 wisps all detonating themselves in a supreme act of sacrifice that basically blew up the entire region. Wasn't like they just ran in and knocked him out.
It is impossible to say how strong some villains are in comparison to others, the only thing we have is hearsay, some groups will say they are stronger then others, etc. In the end we will not know for sure unless they actually face off against each other, and then it will be determined not be strength, but who the writers like more :-P .
Reply Quote
"The Burning Legion is but a shadow of his terrible darkness. Trust in me when I say that we have hope even if every demon who serves him comes through, but no hope if we destroy all only to have him step into the world." -Krasus

He said it best. The entire sum of the Burning Legion, including Archi and KJ, is the equal of Sargeras.

Archi and KJ are both strong enough to best Ancients in one-on-one duels.

It took 50,000 wisps to kill Archimonde, and Kil'jaeden was only halfway in Azeroth, required a sacrifice to summon him, and took a major powerlevel hit when Anveena sploded. We didn't fight him at his best at all
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/28/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Kurze
As powerful as the plot demands at the moment.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Blizzard can and will make any demon we encounter as strong as they wish. We're talking about an army that extinguishes planets as a job and made the Scourge.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I like to think that there are 3 uber powerful groups in wow. All just about equal power with some more powerful than others of course. These 3 groups are the old gods(at full power, not what we face), The Titans, and the upper management of the Burning Legion such as Sargeras and KJ. The cool thing is that they all have the potential to be villains.

I believe these 3 groups could war on each other for centuries without seeing a victor. Could also possibly destroy Azeroth with there fighting. I'm sure at some point in wow's lifetime we will encounter all of these and determine once and for all ..... What is what !!!!!
Can't wait !!!
Reply Quote
I like to think that there are 3 uber powerful groups in wow. All just about equal power with some more powerful than others of course. These 3 groups are the old gods(at full power, not what we face), The Titans, and the upper management of the Burning Legion such as Sargeras and KJ. The cool thing is that they all have the potential to be villains.

I believe these 3 groups could war on each other for centuries without seeing a victor. Could also possibly destroy Azeroth with there fighting. I'm sure at some point in wow's lifetime we will encounter all of these and determine once and for all ..... What is what !!!!!
Can't wait !!!

Except this isn't true. The Titans already beat down the Old Gods, and surely can do so again. As for the Legion, Sargeras is simply one Titan, and him and his army would also likewise fall against the full might of the Titans.

The problem is, noone has seen the Titans in at least 75,000 years or so, apart from Algalon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I contradicted myself in my first sentence lol.
I meant that certain individuals in these groups are more powerful than others in the groups. Ala Sargeras or N'zoth being stronger than KJ or C'thun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Algalon is not a Titan.

Titans had to imprison the old gods because they could not defeat them. The old gods are getting free once again which shows that the old gods can be defeated in battle but not entirely. This could go on forever. Plus the fact that C'thun did defeat a Titan 1v1 back in the day.

Your absolutely right we haven't seen a Titan in thousands of years. They very well may be no longer living. They could have been defeated centuries ago. There is no way for us to know. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
Algalon is not a Titan.

Titans had to imprison the old gods because they could not defeat them. The old gods are getting free once again which shows that the old gods can be defeated in battle but not entirely. This could go on forever. Plus the fact that C'thun did defeat a Titan 1v1 back in the day.

Your absolutely right we haven't seen a Titan in thousands of years. They very well may be no longer living. They could have been defeated centuries ago. There is no way for us to know. Just a thought.

No one said that Algalon was a Titan to my knowledge. Although, seeing as how Algalon was sent by the Titans, I think it is safe to assume that they are still around. Also, it is possible that the only reason they imprisoned the Old Gods was due to not knowing how to kill them without destroying the planet.
Reply Quote
Algalon is not a Titan.

No one said that Algalon was a Titan to my knowledge. Although, seeing as how Algalon was sent by the Titans, I think it is safe to assume that they are still around. Also, it is possible that the only reason they imprisoned the Old Gods was due to not knowing how to kill them without destroying the planet.

I never said Algalon was a Titan. I was inferring that noone had contact with the Titans apart from Algalon, whose job is to investigate worlds to see if they need purging, and then lets the Titans know

That's what he was about to do, when we kicked his !@#$ in Ulduar

He had two options: Send http://www.wowwiki.com/Reply-Code_Alpha_(heroic) or send the theoretical Reply Code Omega
Reply Quote
I think he should have sent the code to blow us all up.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Now that the Exodar is finished we should evacuate the planet and let the Titans come in and destroy the entire thing. Then have them prep a new planet for us free of Eldrich tentacle monsters :-P
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Tabard
Now that the Exodar is finished we should evacuate the planet and let the Titans come in and destroy the entire thing. Then have them prep a new planet for us free of Eldrich tentacle monsters :-P

....It will need to be exterminated within a week.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Shaithiss

....It will need to be exterminated within a week.

You know, that isn't half a bad idea. Let the Titans come in and mop up the planet, while we camp in the Exodar (and assumedly the rest of Tempest Keep since we liberated it?) til they're done.

I wonder if the Titans have planet insurance...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]