This character passed the audit!

85 Troll Priest
05/30/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Arianity
Doesn't have to be a requirement, just give a -5 roll bonus for each item that's wrong on the audit.

Hire this guy.

Brownie points if it lowers your item level.

The Like button on each of these two posts. I cannot hit it enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/30/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Janaire
No, because then I'd have to pay 2k gold to finish enchanting my shaman who already (mostly) tops the charts as it is.

Just suck up your -20 roll bonus then. After all, you're only there to see the content, right? :)

edit: or roll an enchanting alt and put level 1 enchants on everything. Shoulders might be the only trouble, maybe they should be excluded from the -5.
Edited by Lusignan on 6/3/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/30/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Janaire
No, because then I'd have to pay 2k gold to finish enchanting my shaman who already (mostly) tops the charts as it is. I'd rather be mediocre in gear and overachieve in play, and since it's LFR, I don't really need to be super awesome, just pretty decent.

Just get some el cheepo enchants then, not that hard as most slots have a list with one being the top and the others workable but not the best.

As far as the engineering, well it would be better if they at least updated the mats needed (cloak tinkers are still in wrath mat days) or, since they are only bonuses in the form of cooldowns, don't caount for the audit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Anyone remember when Maels cost over 1k in T11?

Good times. =p
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Treehuggs
overall this would help some.

No it wouldn't. When a PUG wipes in LFR or LFD, it's not a gear issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/03/2012 05:50 PMPosted by Digerati

And Heavenly Shards were 10g.. then I forgot to stock up when ZA/ZG came out and they shot up to 150g
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Anyone remember when Ozruk was a pug-killer
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
06/03/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Digerati
Anyone remember when Ozruk was a pug-killer

If you could even get to him, corborus killed a decent chunk of stonecore LFD groups.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

Good times. =p

And people pitched a fit because players with Alchemy and Enchanting could actually provide their guild with said Maelstroms.

...not that I'd know anything about that of course. *cough*
Edited by Audience on 6/4/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
05/30/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Jorahlol
What will be funny is all the QQ that LFR is too hard next tier because no one has uber gear to faceroll it for the noobs.

That's not gonna be a problem at the beginning. All the skilled players will be farming LFR for gear (just like they did with 4.3.)

The headache, at least for the "I have a life and would rather spend 2 hours complaining on the forums instead of joining a guild" people, will come when these skilled players stop raiding LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Good times. =p

And people pitched a fit because players with Alchemy and Enchanting could actually provide their guild with said Maelstroms.

...not that I'd know anything about that of course. *cough*

Yeah I heard Alch/Enchanters made a killing with the DEing Alchemy Stones thing. I was tempted to do it, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/04/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Hudiddytoo
What will be funny is all the QQ that LFR is too hard next tier because no one has uber gear to faceroll it for the noobs.

That's not gonna be a problem at the beginning. All the skilled players will be farming LFR for gear (just like they did with 4.3.)

The headache, at least for the "I have a life and would rather spend 2 hours complaining on the forums instead of joining a guild" people, will come when these skilled players stop raiding LFR.

Actually, most of the skilled players had 391 and some 397 gear equipped at the start of this tier, which made it significantly easier. Next tier, we'll be starting at the same level. While skilled players will definitely be queuing, they won't have any sort of gear advantage like this time around.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/04/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Janaire
Actually, most of the skilled players had 391 and some 397 gear equipped at the start of this tier, which made it significantly easier. Next tier, we'll be starting at the same level. While skilled players will definitely be queuing, they won't have any sort of gear advantage like this time around.

I will take skill over gear any day of the week.

A skilled player can make up for the disadvantage of bad gear with...well, skill.

An unskilled player is going to be bad no matter what gear he is wearing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]