power word:death

85 Dwarf Shaman
i don't quite understand this. so...do you only use it when the target is below 25% health (kinda like drain soul?)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Unless you need mana.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You'll use it for two reasons:

(a) Above 25% -- mana only
(b) Below 25% -- with the glyph you can use it twice in a row; your ultimate goal is to nail the KB using it for Spirit Tap.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
It's Shadow Word: Death.

And you need another glyph for the killing blow to give you mana: Glyph of Spirit Tap
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/21/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Delandrei
It's Shadow Word: Death.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Kardasha
i don't quite understand this. so...do you only use it when the target is below 25% health (kinda like drain soul?)

A Shaman with SW:D. I'm impressed.

Serious question though: even with 2t14, is SW:D still useless above 25%?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can use SW:D as part of your normal rotation, but you won't get a large DPS increase from it, but maybe a little if you have the T14 2-piece. I would usually start spamming it (with glyph Shadow Word: Death) once a bad guy gets below 25%. You get two pretty heavy hits, then a 12 sec cool down (corrected). You'll want to use SW:D as much as possible for killing blows since it's a great source of mana regen for shadow spec with the other glyph, Spirit Tap. Also, if you spec into Masochism, you get increased mana regen when you damage yourself with SW:D.

Also, SW:D is pretty good for pvp. If you can time it right by seeing a mage or shaman's cast bar, you can effectively break their polymorph by casting SW:D so that it damages you and breaks the CC.
Edited by Frequoyami on 5/21/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I would usually start spamming it (with glyph Shadow Word: Death) once a bad guy gets below 25%. You get two pretty heavy hits, then a 6 sec cool down.

The 6 second CD is for the Glyph's reset of SW:D's normal 12 second CD. So you get two SW:Ds then wait the 12 second CD, then two more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/21/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Gijora

A Shaman with SW:D. I'm impressed.

Serious question though: even with 2t14, is SW:D still useless above 25%?

Yes even with Tier 13 two piece (T14 is only in beta so I assume you mean 13) it isn't worth casting until your target is under 25%; Using that GCD for any other DPS spell will net you more DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage

Also, SW:D is pretty good for pvp. If you can time it right by seeing a mage or shaman's cast bar, you can effectively break their polymorph by casting SW:D so that it damages you and breaks the CC.

Good luck breaking a Hex with SW:D dude, Hexed targets can take a bit of a beating before they return to caster form.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You'll use it for two reasons:

(a) Above 25% -- mana only
(b) Below 25% -- with the glyph you can use it twice in a row; your ultimate goal is to nail the KB using it for Spirit Tap.
(c) if you're moving and target already has a DP and SW:P.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
05/22/2012 04:12 AMPosted by Mussorsky
(c) if you're moving and target already has a DP and SW:P.

Pretty sure it's better to just use DP again.

@Pursene: The OP is leveling a priest. The ultimate, ie: final, goal is getting the KB to aid in mana regen while you level. Instead of being overly incredulous, perhaps think a moment about what the OP is asking before jumping in and trying to tear apart an answer.

At the raiding level, obviously the KB means nothing—and I'm pretty sure any player with an ounce of sense would get that right away. Which is why I mentioned using it twice in a row.

Could I have been more clear? Sure. Could you have been a bit more thoughtful in your response? Yep!
Edited by Elethia on 5/22/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]