Diablo 3 API Preview

(Locked)

1 Undead Mage
06/06/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Straton
I've updated the account/career example JSON in the head post.

I'm curious about the value of "tooltipParams". Do I have to expect some kind of base64-ish value or is it just for the example?

No item ids for the fallen-heroes?
Web & Mobile Team
I'm curious about the value of "tooltipParams". Do I have to expect some kind of base64-ish value or is it just for the example?

No item ids for the fallen-heroes?

Items is still very rough. Better and more detailed item examples will be available soon.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
any idea when this will be going live? (approximate month or something)
85 Night Elf Druid
For the updated API preview, the ID under the career for Yharr would be 182 correct? Those two numbers should correlate? since the hero is 182? Just want to make sure it was just put there for example sake, but the ID will actually correlate.
90 Gnome Death Knight
06/07/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Northey

I'm curious about this as well.
Web & Mobile Team
06/07/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Northey

We are planning on releasing the career and hero APIs along with the career and hero site profiles.
Web & Mobile Team
I've updated the hero profile example JSON to point to the documentation on GitHub in the head post.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
06/07/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Straton
I've updated the hero profile example JSON to point to the documentation on GitHub in the head post.

the career and hero examples are currently the same, copy paste error?
Web & Mobile Team
06/07/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Northey
the career and hero examples are currently the same, copy paste error?

Yeah, figures.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
awesome! can't wait to see all this live
10 Tauren Shaman
I hope release version will contain full list of hero stats (such as Attacks per Second, etc).
85 Night Elf Druid
I noticed MF and GF have been removed in the Github, these numbers no longer being pushed?
Web & Mobile Team
06/07/2012 11:14 PMPosted by Wanttowrite
I hope release version will contain full list of hero stats (such as Attacks per Second, etc).

06/08/2012 06:05 AMPosted by Kieble
I noticed MF and GF have been removed in the Github, these numbers no longer being pushed?

We are still working through some of the stats and attributes. We will update the documentation as things progress.
1 Draenei Paladin
The fury got removed? And could you explain the item-data format please?

item-data/CPvK9pADEgcIBBU69U5dHTIL5KIdAn-SATAJOPUDQABIFVAIYPUD

And physicalResist is still missing.
Edited by Dîa on 6/8/2012 10:45 AM PDT
100 Orc Warlock
Just a couple of questions:

Should we apply now for D3 API Key or wait till release? I'm anxious to get my current app out ASAP when the API is released.

Will the tooltipParams include image data?
EDIT: Answered my own question!
http://us.media.blizzard.com/d3/icons/items/large/ICONNAME_demonhunter_male.png
Or is there a better way to access the icon?

Or, better yet, in general what data will be available through the tooltipParams?

Also, I know this doesn't happen a lot, but I'd like to thank everyone on the team for their hard work!
Edited by Kiwibrown on 6/10/2012 3:43 PM PDT
1 Undead Mage
06/08/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Dîa
And could you explain the item-data format please?

06/08/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Kiwibrown
Or, better yet, in general what data will be available through the tooltipParams?

06/06/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Straton
Items is still very rough. Better and more detailed item examples will be available soon.

Icons:
Assets for World of Warcraft are available via battle.net[1] and media.blizzard.com. Do you plan to provide the same for Diablo or is blizzard.com the only source for icons?

[1] http://us.battle.net/wow-assets/static/images/icons/56/spell_holy_symbolofhope.jpg
Edited by Coss on 6/11/2012 12:46 PM PDT
1 Night Elf Hunter
Any updates on release date?
Edited by Xpanther on 6/14/2012 5:22 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
06/14/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Xpanther
Any updates on release date?

On the diablo site they said Armory will be up end of this month, to early next month. They've said the API will become public with the Armory, so unless told otherwise, assume that time frame.
85 Night Elf Druid
Any updates? Adding back in some of the stats that were removed, or aren't present? Information on Items? Just trying to get as much prepared for release as we can :)
100 Orc Warlock
Very important suggestion!

For a lot of data names (identifiers), there are dashes ( - ):

"last-updated": 1338984440
"step-current": 4

(Just a few)

These should be either not there, or replaced with underscores ( _ ). This is because dashes are not valid identifiers in most programming languages. This is a concern because as API wrappers evolve, they will not be completely consistent with the original API, and to me, this is a big problem.

Now, don't get what I'm saying confused with the value of the identifier. It is completely valid to have a dash in a string, just not its identifier. You see what I'm saying?

BAD:
"last-updated": 1338984440
GOOD:
"last_updated": 1338984440

NOT A PROBLEM:
"class": "witch-doctor"

Edit: This seems to primarily by a problem in the Career Profile. It occurs only once in the Hero Profile, at the end "last-updated".
Edited by Kiwibrown on 6/18/2012 3:34 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]