Diablo 3 API Preview

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
For getting information like someones IAS, Total Plus Min/Max Damage, Critical Damage, will we have to pull all items and add them up, or will that eventually be totalled up in the hero sheet?
85 Tauren Druid
Is it intended that the precise salvage chances are exposed by this API? I noticed that we get much more precision on the chances of Firey Brimstone salvaging.

Also, are there any plans for a 'lite' option for the api that provides just the relevant data, rather than all the fancy (localized!) string flavor text?
10 Tauren Shaman
Pulling items one by one involves many requests.
It would be good if we would be able to get all items of a hero in one request.
Web & Mobile Team
06/27/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Kieble
For getting information like someones IAS, Total Plus Min/Max Damage, Critical Damage, will we have to pull all items and add them up, or will that eventually be totalled up in the hero sheet?

That information is already calculated and totaled with the stats on the hero.
Web & Mobile Team
Is it intended that the precise salvage chances are exposed by this API? I noticed that we get much more precision on the chances of Firey Brimstone salvaging.

Also, are there any plans for a 'lite' option for the api that provides just the relevant data, rather than all the fancy (localized!) string flavor text?

The decision to expose the disenchant info was deliberate. The Diablo game team could swoop in and request that we change it, but with what we've shown them recently I don't think that will happen.

There aren't any plans to support a 'lite' version at this time. It is something that I can talk to the team about, but it won't likely be done any time soon.
Web & Mobile Team
Pulling items one by one involves many requests.
It would be good if we would be able to get all items of a hero in one request.

Well, the items of a hero are provided when requesting a single hero through the API. It is the "item details" that are specific to the item generator that requires additional calls. That same data is also available to use with the tooltip JS provided on the D3 game site, if you don't want to store all of that information.

We could entertain the idea of providing that additional item data with the hero API resource, but I'm leaning heavily against it because the amount of data returned is already very large as is.
85 Night Elf Druid
06/27/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Straton

So is that saying it will be released in the future previews/actual release, just not currently? OR that it should be visible now?

Right now I see:

"stats": {
"damageIncrease": 10.069999694824219,
"damageReduction": 0.5207669734954834,
"critChance": 0.10999999940395355,
"life": 17285,
"strength": 1007,
"dexterity": 295,
"intelligence": 156,
"vitality": 570,
"armor": 2934,
"coldResist": 0,
"fireResist": 0,
"lightningResist": 0,
"poisonResist": 0,
"arcaneResist": 0,
"damage": 4763.17
},

which doesn't include any of the items I listed.
85 Night Elf Druid
06/27/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Straton

I guess i misunderstood, so this stuff is obviously used to calculate damage, but it won't be exposed to us?

If so I guess i'm surprised that this information won't be shown. We won't be able to even hand calculate DPS without IAS, min/max, crit dmg. Yes I know it's shown for us in Damage field but alot of the ideas people had in mind revolve around seeing how items would affect a player, and that will be impossible without pulling all other items and totalling them up manually.
Web & Mobile Team
If so I guess i'm surprised that this information won't be shown. We won't be able to even hand calculate DPS without IAS, min/max, crit dmg. Yes I know it's shown for us in Damage field but alot of the ideas people had in mind revolve around seeing how items would affect a player, and that will be impossible without pulling all other items and totalling them up manually.

That isn't the sort of information we want the community to have.

J/K

It was an oversight, those stats will be added and the documentation updated.
Edited by Straton on 6/29/2012 4:32 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
"damageIncrease": 10.069999694824219
What exactly does that describe, +1007% damage, + 10.07 damage, or...

Will the hero stats include Damage Increased by Skills? That would be extremely useful.

"Damage_Weapon_Min#Physical"
WHY '#'? I'm not bashing it, I'm just wondering why? It is a nightmare for most programming languages (as an identifier).
85 Night Elf Druid
06/29/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Straton

That isn't the sort of information we want the community to have.

J/K

At first I was all like :(

but then, a day later I was all like =D =D =D

"damageIncrease": 10.069999694824219

My guess is that is the Bonus Damage you see on your chart, ex. 15% from Glass Cannon, not sure why all the decimals though.
15 Tauren Warrior
06/29/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Straton

What about timestamps on hero/career progression? ;-)

"progression": [
{
"act": 1,
"difficulty": "nightmare",
"timestamp": 1338522850
},
{
"act": 2,
},
{
"act": 3,
},
{
"act": 4,
}
],

Without this information we'll never know who got to X fastest or killed Y first! =(
1 Night Elf Warrior
Hello,

I'm looking at the documentation here:

https://github.com/Blizzard/d3-api-docs/blob/master/item_magic_helm.json

There's a notion of 'icon' with the value in the example being 'helm_104'

Is there a way to fetch image assets that correspond to the items/skills/classes using the icon value?
90 Orc Warlock
Hello,

I'm looking at the documentation here:

https://github.com/Blizzard/d3-api-docs/blob/master/item_magic_helm.json

There's a notion of 'icon' with the value in the example being 'helm_104'

Is there a way to fetch image assets that correspond to the items/skills/classes using the icon value?

Yes. You can either pull it from the URL:

Items:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/d3/icons/items/large/SLUG_demonhunter_male.png

Skills:
http://us.media.blizzard.com/d3/icons/skills/64/CLASS_SLUG.png

Note, to access the skill icon you must remove all dashes in the slug. As seen in this example:

http://us.media.blizzard.com/d3/icons/skills/64/barbarian_hammeroftheancients.png

Alternatively, if you are using .NET, I will be releasing a Media Library where it works like a dictionary:

D3MediaLib.Get["SLUG"]

It is a hefty library that has all icons built in(10MB+), which reduces network dependency, but increases the size of your project. If you want to pull an Item, you can include the Item Quality in the parameters, and it will return the Item + Quality Background as one Image.

Check back to: https://d3medialib.codeplex.com/
Edited by Kiwibrown on 6/30/2012 11:19 PM PDT
9 Undead Priest
- Will the returned data from api support multi language? If yes, how it will be managed?
- It is possible to show itens that a acc are selling in AH? For ex. some1 could just link a page with all the itens he are selling. It would be awesome! (But i rly don't think it would be possible...)

Thanks!
Web & Mobile Team
06/30/2012 02:33 AMPosted by Kiwibrown

I'll have to double check that.

06/30/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Zen
What about timestamps on hero/career progression?

NOPE. When we make achievement data available, you'll be able to use that.

07/02/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Chupisko
Will the returned data from api support multi language? If yes, how it will be managed?

The same way the WoW API supports multiple languages.

07/02/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Chupisko
It is possible to show itens that a acc are selling in AH? For ex. some1 could just link a page with all the itens he are selling. It would be awesome! (But i rly don't think it would be possible...)

Before I ask you to rephrase the question using big-boy words, I suggest you go back and read this thread in its entirety as it has been covered already.
9 Undead Priest
Ok, I did not know WoW API suport multiple languages, never tried the WoW API.

On the issue of AH, I've read the other posts. And about the "big-boy words" sorry, but I do not speak English fluently, and did the best I could to express myself correctly, but if that was not enough for you to understand, I'll be happy to try to learn the correct way to say.

Edit: I realized you were talking about the "some1", sorry again, i will try not use that anymore.
Edited by Chupisko on 7/2/2012 10:06 AM PDT
90 Orc Warlock

Before I ask you to rephrase the question using big-boy words, I suggest you go back and read this thread in its entirety as it has been covered already.

I Lol'ed.

Chupisko, as said many times, probably over 9000, there will be no support for any kind of AH data retrieval. If you're having trouble reading English, then I suggest you start to use Google Translator, it can translate entire websites. Here's the link, I've set it to this forum post for you (refer to the Q&A post, 2nd I think). By the way, I set it to Spanish, just change it to your language.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fwow%2Fen%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F5271598804%3Fpage%3D1
9 Undead Priest
07/02/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Kiwibrown
If you're having trouble reading English

If you haven't readed my previous post, i suggest you read it again.

07/02/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Chupisko
On the issue of AH, I've read the other posts.

I don't got any problems in reading english. Asking something that someone already asked its not a crime, consider mesure your words next time you start talking bull!@#$.

And i do not have the obligation to know everything about the API, im new to foruns, and i never ever readed about any of blizzard game API's (Also never readed about any game API's).
90 Orc Warlock
07/02/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Chupisko
If you haven't readed my previous post, i suggest you read it again.

I've re-read your previous posts, none of which yield information suggesting you are able to understand English in its entirety. As this only furthers my case that you do not understand English completely, I still encourage you to translate these posts to your native language so you can get the most out of them. This was not meant to be a condemnation, but rather a suggestion that I was hoping would help solve your issue. There is nothing wrong with not being able to understand English or speak it completely, assuming it isn't your first language, as that was why I directed you to a tool which I thought would be of assistance.

I don't got any problems in reading english. Asking something that someone already asked its not a crime, consider mesure your words next time you start talking bull!@#$.

And i do not have the obligation to know everything about the API, im new to foruns, and i never ever readed about any of blizzard game API's (Also never readed about any game API's).

I agree with you that your question of muilt-language support was completely valid; primarily because it had not previously been addressed. As for your question regarding the AH: it has come up so often that I'm sure Straton is sick and tired of answering the same question, of which the answer has been published time and time again. I am sure this is why the question is the first that is addressed in the Q&A, which is the second post in this thread.

Although it is not your obligation to know everything about the API, it is expected that if you are going to use it, you read and learn as much as you can about it, so that you do not ask questions which already have answers. As with other API documentation, a lot of time is spent creating it, and that is why you are expected to read through it all. How would you like it if you spent months putting together documentation on something, and then someone asked you one of the first points that are addressed? My bet is that you wouldn't take to kindly to it.
Edited by Kiwibrown on 7/2/2012 4:57 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]