Anyone on this server who can still PvP

Hey, its that guy you all hate from TB or /2 or whatever. Heed my rants, I offer propositions.

Aside from my main, I have 5 other mostly if not full cata geared toons that I can play well (spriest/warlock/feral/dk/2nd rogue) sitting on 0 teams or inactive ones due to the partner paradise of JBOD being long dead now.
Is there anyone left on this server who has the ability to play in at VERY LEAST 2k range? I will happily faction xfer, idgaf anymore. I want to play arena but there's nobody left and it pisses me off, I'm done begging people who are obviously not coming back.
I refuse to leave this server unless its a last resort, this place is my home and being another KT/darkspear/tich sheep is in no way appealing to me.
To those who think I suck randomly from seeing me die in TB to 5 people at some point or have been told so by those who don't know alot about things, here's a list of my sh*t:

glad 3x w/ two 2750+ teams in s9, hero of the horde x2, have been rank 2 this season and guaranteed glad again, have also been at least 2200 on 4 different toons.

I KNOW there's untapped pvp talent on this server and I want to be the one to tap dat. Give me something to do besides random bgs...

PS might make a guild for pre-MoP to become the new <WHERES MY MACE STUN BRO>/<JOEY BAG OF DONUTS>/<PEANUT BUTTER PEGGY TIME>etc etc (we went under like 10 different names since TBC) which I was a founder of each of to be a focal point of both veteran and aspiring pvpers to both improve as a whole and do city raid/general griefing together.

NOW ENOUGH WITH MY WALL OF TEXT, BRING ON THE IRRELEVANT HATE =D
Reply Quote
The problem is, it's Lothar.

Yes, there's some people who know how to PvP, but I find they either don't have the time commitment for RBGs/Arena, they just take breaks from WoW and disappear for months with no warning, or they drive you nuts with some of the things they say/do.

Then there's other players who get offended when you make suggestions, or who completely disregard any advice and would just rather do it "their way".

And of course, there's everyone else who doesn't PvP seriously, but just do it as a change of pace because killing dragons in scripted scenarios seems too much for them. I remember when Lothar had some decent PvP, there were good players, (anyone remember Safekracka and the other Rogue he ran with back in BC?) and there was plenty of dueling in places like in Ironforge or right outside Shattrath.

PvP on Lothar, like WoW has fallen off. Whatever communal feel it had went out the window awhile ago. When I went to Blizzcon in 2011, I found it funny half the people at the Lothar realm meet up either stopped playing or transferred their mains off awhile ago. And at least the realm meet up had more than 5 people showing up.

I don't want to say give up and forget it, but yeah, it's the end of the expansion. And most of the people we knew either quit or server transferred at this point. If you can't find what you're looking for at home, it's time to look for alternatives.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am constantly looking for people to play with, this is pretty much my first season trying. I keybind everything, play the right way, just need to work on strats, and learn in the 1900+ range. I play with some good people here and there, but we never really commit just random comps mostly and hit that wall before 2k, and dont try again.

I am like a spunge, and learn fast, I am pretty laid back, and never blame anyone, and I listen well. I lack the experience though.

I would play with you, I can fraps some videos too, so you can see how I play if you like:P

Also, I have a semi-geared dwarf ret pally, human ret fully geared (prefer to play this toon), and a semi-geared lock.
Edited by Disstan on 5/27/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem is, it's Lothar.

Yes, there's some people who know how to PvP, but I find they either don't have the time commitment for RBGs/Arena, they just take breaks from WoW and disappear for months with no warning, or they drive you nuts with some of the things they say/do.

Then there's other players who get offended when you make suggestions, or who completely disregard any advice and would just rather do it "their way".

And of course, there's everyone else who doesn't PvP seriously, but just do it as a change of pace because killing dragons in scripted scenarios seems too much for them. I remember when Lothar had some decent PvP, there were good players, (anyone remember Safekracka and the other Rogue he ran with back in BC?) and there was plenty of dueling in places like in Ironforge or right outside Shattrath.

PvP on Lothar, like WoW has fallen off. Whatever communal feel it had went out the window awhile ago. When I went to Blizzcon in 2011, I found it funny half the people at the Lothar realm meet up either stopped playing or transferred their mains off awhile ago. And at least the realm meet up had more than 5 people showing up.

I don't want to say give up and forget it, but yeah, it's the end of the expansion. And most of the people we knew either quit or server transferred at this point. If you can't find what you're looking for at home, it's time to look for alternatives.

Do you realize just how many people I have seen succumb to grass is greener syndrome between wotlk-now and NONE of them actually succeeded or even stayed after xferring to one of the 'good' pvp servers? There is no community on them, trade is a wall of spam and people treat it like a lobby game rather than an MMO. I'd rather get more people to be good on this server (which I see as family) than take the easy way out. The ONLY way I would xfer is if known, amazing pvpers offered me a team spot which refusing would be just stupid. Thats it.

I play this game to be competitive and have fun, not be a jaded defeatist towards the game while waiting for the next overhyped trash mmo to come out and play it for a week. Everyone with the 'WoW is dead QQ why try to have FUN in a GAME when you can CRY' mindset need to stop telling everyone to quit just because something or someONE (usually the case) ruined things for them, its obnoxious.

I've played since TBC, so don't think this is just some flowery wonder-lust scrub talk. Sure theres not as much world pvp to my dismay (anyone remember the MACE STUN Ironforge standoffs?) but this game still suits me more than any other I've played or tried playing.

Safekracka played with Balroq.
Reply Quote
I am constantly looking for people to play with, this is pretty much my first season trying. I keybind everything, play the right way, just need to work on strats, and learn in the 1900+ range. I play with some good people here and there, but we never really commit just random comps mostly and hit that wall before 2k, and dont try again.

I am like a spunge, and learn fast, I am pretty laid back, and never blame anyone, and I listen well. I lack the experience though.

I would play with you, I can fraps some videos too, so you can see how I play if you like:P

Also, I have a semi-geared dwarf ret pally, human ret fully geared (prefer to play this toon), and a semi-geared lock.

GDR wants me to xfer my 2nd rogue back to do RBG's on alliance, and priest/ret/rogue still kind of works. If I do we can give it a try.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Virral
Safekracka played with Balroq.

That was his name! I remember them running double Rogues in 2s and they were pretty damn good.

As for what you said about community, or lack of on the other servers, it's the same deal on Lothar. (Alliance side anyway.) The only fun I still have is when I raid with friends, anytime I have to resort to pugging anything PvE, I wind up regretting it as soon as I see how the first wipe happened. As for PvP, all I can do is get a few friends for some pre-made BGs, I don't think I've seen any RBG group worth joining since DS started.

The fact that you're staying on this server and and wanting to see people get good here is something I can relate to. I had the same idea about 25 man raiding, but with everyone wanting to do 10 mans, it wasn't going to happen.

As for finding competent PvPers, you know some already that are still on Lothar, just a matter of making it happen. WoW is a lot more fun when playing with friends.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Samohung
WoW is a lot more fun when playing with friends.

Yes x100. Thats why I dont want to leave, and I know it can be done because those of us in JBOD were average players who helped each other improve our skill until all of us were gladiators at least once.
Edited by Virral on 5/27/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/26/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Samohung
And of course, there's everyone else who doesn't PvP seriously, but just do it as a change of pace because killing dragons in scripted scenarios seems too much for them.

Come on Sammo, you can do better than spout the same ol' same ol' the forums rely on when they have nothing else.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Greatoni
Come on Sammo, you can do better than spout the same ol' same ol' the forums rely on when they have nothing else.

I didn't want to be a total Debbie Downer. Virral's the best PvP Rogue I've ever had the pleasure/misfortune of running into. You expect me to say "join the rest of the lemmings on KT/Darkspear"?

It'd be nice to say with pride that you play on Lothar because we've got some quality players. But instead it's "I escaped from Lawlthar" because PvP guilds break up for the most ridiculous reasons ever, 25 man guilds can't stay afloat cause showing up 3 nights a week for raid is too hard, 10 mans can't raid half the time when people you depend on don't show without warning, and you can't pug a replacement.

I love the people I raid with right now, even though the guild I joined on my Rogue initially was 25 man and had to drop down to 10s, it's still a great experience because they're willing to put the wipes in, they learn from their mistakes, and they don't get butt hurt when called out on their mistakes. I still raid on my other characters on Lothar because I have fun with those people too.

But it sucks because absolutely nobody seriously PvPs Horde side. It's more dead than Lothar. And Crushridge is a PvP server. Everytime I PvP - it's /forever alone

But yeah, I miss the days when you can log on and you get people in guild chat or on your friends list to ask you to do BGs, Arenas, etc. There was social interaction, friendships being made/built, etc. Nowadays, the only thing left to do when you log on is either have your brain cells rot reading trade chat, or queue for stuff solo.

I just realized what Virral said about the "lobby game" aspect applies to PvE on a lot of servers too.

/sigh
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I dislike arenas immensely, but am pretty solid PVP...if you wanted to bring a character to alliance side and do RBGs I would help form a group.
Reply Quote
I refuse to leave this server unless its a last resort, this place is my home and being another KT/darkspear/tich sheep is in no way appealing to me.

best sentence of all of that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Tried Blackrock once. Hated the feel of the server, but loved the AH.
Reply Quote
Just a try hard here.... Maybe next season.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree lothar is my home, anyone who leaves can go get bent. I would not be opposed to doing serious arenas, I have limited prior experience but I am sure I could improve well beyond where I am currently.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

GDR wants me to xfer my 2nd rogue back to do RBG's on alliance, and priest/ret/rogue still kind of works. If I do we can give it a try.

05/27/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Virral
WoW is a lot more fun when playing with friends.

Yes x100. Thats why I dont want to leave, and I know it can be done because those of us in JBOD were average players who helped each other improve our skill until all of us were gladiators at least once.

If you transfer your second rogue I will have a hard time doing RMP with you and Dewme :|
Reply Quote
I was watching horde invading Stormwind at 6:30AM on Tuesday or Wed morning - didn't flag because I needed to go to work.

I think I saw some guys from Tornado. Seems like alot of guys are getting bored and taking their frustrations out on PVP both on Alliance and Horde. When is the xpac coming out?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I was watching horde invading Stormwind at 6:30AM on Tuesday or Wed morning - didn't flag because I needed to go to work.

I think I saw some guys from Tornado. Seems like alot of guys are getting bored and taking their frustrations out on PVP both on Alliance and Horde. When is the xpac coming out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2GZ8B-ekU&context=C47ac2b8ADvjVQa1PpcFNTvILh5iFGYctOAA4RLh8dMSnyOQbX1Ic=

Not the first time, not the last. I make it a point to frequent Stormwind.
Edited by Chalithri on 6/7/2012 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_B_eGfbY2s&feature=g-upl

>
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
***********ATTENTION ANYONE CASUAL LOOKING TO DO ARENAS**************

If you came to this thread thinking "Hey I would love to do some Arenas" but than quickly realized that you would be dragging down virrall, I would be down.

If you fit the following criteria PLEASE send me ingame mail or something:
**Really enjoy pvp and want to get into arena
**Competent player (keybinds, knows classes, good movement, etc)
** Relatively new to arena (I myself am new to arena, so if your expecting to be carried probably should look else where)
**Excited to learn and get better at arena WITHOUT worrying about losing and rage quitting
**Most importantly, doing it for fun and something to do until MoP comes out

Unfortunately this is my only pvp geared character, so you also have to be:
**Horde
** Preferably non rogue, all though if it came down to it I would totally mess around with double rogue 2's

I've slayed my fair share of noobs and have a ton of pvp experience, just not in the max level arena front.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
-I've been looking for serious pvpers for a while, my highest experienced class is a rogue at 1800 doing 3's (RLS) shaman's mother came down with cancer as soon as we got our team rolling. Subbed me for a Boomkin team went to 2k (boomkin was 2700+ experienced) before shaman vanished to take care of his mother.
-I really don't have time for "scheduled" raids due to military life, but always have time for pvp. I'm willing to xfer priest/rogue to horde side lothar (where I originally started). I have macroing and the basic ideas of chain cc. My pvp just needs refining and practice.
-Gear will never be an issue, I don't mind grinding BG's to max out on welfare gear.
-Before this starts to feel like a damn résumé, I learn quick. There shouldn't be any reason, besides shortage of team mates, that I can't play at 2k rating. If horde has a bigger pvp player base to offer, I'll probably end up hopping over anyway.
-I also have a DK/Hpally/Hunter/Mage all welfared out, just never had the time to play with a 3's team that had any idea what was going on. I'm sick of twos, lookin for something to do...
-I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be on daily for the next 3-4 months before deployment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]