The latest Horde Multi-Boxer in the server...

63 Goblin Shaman
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/dpt1/TBTrojanElephant.jpg

Just wondering, is this type of activity even allowed on the game? Not only has alliance been losing every single Tol Barad battle this player joins in, and now hes been taking a liking of trolling around Stormwind and cheating on Arenas, the darkmoon faire, battlegrounds and even raids...
Edited by Sheraila on 5/28/2012 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Multi-boxing is completely legal because the person is paying for all the accounts the characters belong on and since their not on the same account its in no way hacking. Most multiboxers use 3rd party software to control their toons which is also legal because its considered an addon with macros. so in the short answer yes its legal :3
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
While I think they should allow people to multi-box for PvE content, it should be banned from PvP. It ruins the fun for everyone else. Blizz could easily prevent this if they wanted to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
it's legal and it's fine (although i'd prob. be saying the opposite if i was ally). also, i know the guy irl - to put your mind at ease, it's the only real satisfaction he gets (disabled vet with no legs....) so let him have his fun ya ally whiners. he served and deserves something doesn't he?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Haha a pally and three DKs. Sounds fun. Maybe get a group of DKs in there and DG all his copies all over the place, or is the software that controls them better now?

I don't terribly care though, I haven't been interested in pvp since Blizzard started trying to 'balance' it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/29/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Discipline
it's legal and it's fine (although i'd prob. be saying the opposite if i was ally). also, i know the guy irl - to put your mind at ease, it's the only real satisfaction he gets (disabled vet with no legs....) so let him have his fun ya ally whiners. he served and deserves something doesn't he?

That's really unfortunate for him, and I might be a @!%% for picking on semantics(only thing?), but surely he can find enjoyment in other things. I don't really care too much for PvP, so this doesn't really affect me, but to only find enjoyment in a single activity worries me. I agree that what he's doing is legal, but it's probably not what the developers envisioned when they designed the game and the mechanics behind it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

Just wondering, is this type of activity even allowed on the game? Not only has alliance been losing every single Tol Barad battle this player joins in,
Are you sure about that? I've been in a couple of TBs with this guy, and he's not all that impressive. I've seen plenty of much better DK/Pally multiboxers in bgs. Maybe he's gotten better, idk.

I think multiboxing is lame, but you deal with them the same way you do any group of players; kill the healer and then focus the dps one by one.
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Shaman
Ah well... I really despice it but alas, like said its not breaking the rules, so gonna have to deal with it.

05/29/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Jiern
Haha a pally and three DKs. Sounds fun. Maybe get a group of DKs in there and DG all his copies all over the place, or is the software that controls them better now?

Last I saw he was usng 3 DKs, a holy Paladin (his main), a disc priest and a resto shaman, and they do coordinate pretty well so guess he is using a quite good software.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry about the Multiboxer, Alliance. We do not condone his actions and he is not Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Just wondering, is this type of activity even allowed on the game? Not only has alliance been losing every single Tol Barad battle this player joins in, and now hes been taking a liking of trolling around Stormwind and cheating on Arenas, the darkmoon faire, battlegrounds and even raids...

My Dearest Sheraila,
If we should meet again, may I suggest a simple hug or cuddle. It will disengage my pvp flag.
On a side note, Darkmoon Faire Deathmatch has been pretty funny the last few times I have been. We had a 15-20min fight once.

Love,
Acid
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/29/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Discipline

I don't have friends. You must be thinking of someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Just wondering, is this type of activity even allowed on the game? Not only has alliance been losing every single Tol Barad battle this player joins in,
Are you sure about that? I've been in a couple of TBs with this guy, and he's not all that impressive. I've seen plenty of much better DK/Pally multiboxers in bgs. Maybe he's gotten better, idk.

I think multiboxing is lame, but you deal with them the same way you do any group of players; kill the healer and then focus the dps one by one.

Cylthia,
You nailed it. I am a below average pvper. There are many better boxers out there. Cut off the healer, and everyone gets some free honor.

Acid
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Death Knight
05/29/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Sprucelee

That's really unfortunate for him, and I might be a @!%% for picking on semantics(only thing?), but surely he can find enjoyment in other things. I don't really care too much for PvP, so this doesn't really affect me, but to only find enjoyment in a single activity worries me. I agree that what he's doing is legal, but it's probably not what the developers envisioned when they designed the game and the mechanics behind it.

That's just because you're bad at PvP Poupee. <3s x1,000,000!!!!11!!!1

Poupee, when you say what he is doing is legal but when the game was made many moons ago our fore fathers didn't have this planned for us, i wanna punch you. This isn't some legal/privacy issue and we're not defending the Constitution (although, even when that thought process is used IRL I still think people are just grasping at straws)

As for people saying in PvP Multiboxing is an issue, no it isn't, you're just dumb. It's less effective than 5 people in skype together saying "ok, now attack Poupee." And a lot of people PvP with friends so... for how common grouping up is and how uncommon multiboxing is... cry more.

Main point,/miss you Poupee
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Multiboxing is fine and allowed as long it's simply a person paying for multiple accounts and only going so far as to use software to send commands to each game client. If it goes beyond that it violates the ToS.

But basically, get over it. Multiboxers are easy to disrupt and take down, compared to a group players.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like the alliance shaman multi-boxer that mows down people with Lava Bursts
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Multi-boxing ruins the integrity of the game. This guy is a total !@# and Blizzard would put a stop to it except that money is more important than integrity to them.

It's sad that someone has to pay for 5 accounts to feel competitive in PvP because they suck too bad to compete with a single character.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Well in "competitive pvp" those 5 toons that are being multiboxed are not replacing the part of one toon, they're taking the place of 5. People complaining about getting killed by a multiboxer is the same as complaining about losing 1v5.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
05/31/2012 06:00 AMPosted by Kolzi
Well in "competitive pvp" those 5 toons that are being multiboxed are not replacing the part of one toon, they're taking the place of 5. People complaining about getting killed by a multiboxer is the same as complaining about losing 1v5.
Well, there is the fact that they can coordinate instantly to focus down a single character very quickly, without having to type or even speak. That's an advantage whether it's 1v5 or 5v5. So it's a way to avoid having to (gasp!) cooporate with others in an mmo, which is a little cheap, honestly. But they're still easy enough to take down if they're not played well.

And I don't buy that it's about the money. How many accounts did blizzard ban for using that archaeology bot? That wasn't affecting anyone else's play, or the server economy, in any way. If they could permanently ban that many paying customers over botting a boring profession that gives very little that's of any use, they could do the same to multiboxers.
Reply Quote
Some of you need to redo your math sometime please.. It's not just 5 toons

and I happen to enjoy watching him work team acid on your alliance toons.. How he spends the money he makes bothers you? awesome guess he's getting his moneys worth.

/wave

Damn Hackers..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am in your realm, hacking the alliance gibson.

Always,
Acid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]