MoP Destro, be careful what you wish for....

90 Gnome Warlock
Chaos Bolt is now a 3 sec cast! But everything got nerfed by about 10%?? Yea I am talking of Fel Flame, Incinarate and even Fire and Brimestone :(

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2785-Mists-of-Pandaria-Beta-Build-15726
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, it looks like Fel Flame may be added to our Mastery bonus (along with Conflag and an extra damage bump for CB), so even though it's damage was reduced it'll probably gain it back (and then some, depending on mastery). Additionally, it's mana cost was reduced to 2.5% (10% with Chaotic energy), which is pretty huge for Destro's mobile DPS. Incinerate probably took a damage hit because Chaos Bolt is still going to hit like a truck, but it's going to be used much more often with Immolate generating embers and with it's cast time reduced. Increased ember gen is probably also why F&B took a damage hit, though that also probably has to do with our very high AoE damage compared to our other two specs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
MMO champ didnt List The mana cost change >:d

But I was thinking that that was what blizz was trying to do with these changes.

BTW I saw your thread in the beta class forums GJ, Thank You! and please keep them coming I don't want anything like ISF making it out of this beta!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks. :)

Also, I just noticed that Incinerate's mana cost was reduced from 5.1% to 5% (20.4% to 20% with CE). Not a big change in itself, but it does have some interesting effects when looked at next to all the other changes.

• Incinerate and Fel Flame have the same mana cost per cast time before Haste.
  • Incinerate and Fel Flame have the same DPET before factoring in Haste.
  • With Haste, Incinerate gets a better DPET, but Fel Flame gets a more efficient mana cost. This is because Fel Flame is limited by the GCD. Fel Flame will always have a 1 second GCD, while Incinearate has it's cast time reduced. Since mana regeneration scales with haste, Incinerate maintains the same mana efficienct as it's cast time is reduced, but Fel Flame generates more mana over it's 1 second GCD.

After the hit cap, crit is still going to be king, more so now that Immolate generates embers on a crit, but our second-best secondary stat may vary depending on what you want to do with it.

Of course, that's also ignoring Backdraft, which mixes things up some.

edit: Derp, just re-read the mastery tooltip, and noticed that it also increases Immo and Incin's damage.
Edited by Fallensaint on 5/23/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/23/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Loratabb
Oh yea a nuke thats 2x as long as any other class nuke and still does less damage. Seems legit.

Actually, with the reduced cast time, increased ember generation, and using Backdraft to speed it up, Chaos Bolt is comparable to other class' non-proc/long cooldown big burst spells.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/23/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Fallensaint
Oh yea a nuke thats 2x as long as any other class nuke and still does less damage. Seems legit.

Actually, with the reduced cast time, increased ember generation, and using Backdraft to speed it up, Chaos Bolt is comparable to other class' non-proc/long cooldown big burst spells.

This :) with backdraft CB becomes a 2 sec cast before applying haste. (Which curiously enough, means that if you take KJs cunning, the cast time of a backdrafted CB on the move would be a tiny bit less than 3 secs :O) The cast time in itself is OK to me...
Reply Quote
Can someone link Fallensaints thread here I thought I had all the lock threadsbut I think I missed it.
Edited by Tsavis on 5/23/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, I've written quite a lot of text walls, but my most active threads are:

'Burning Embers Are Not Fun*', which is a critique of the resource and it's uses.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4857226164

'Mana Problems', a critique of, well, our mana problems.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5150757347

And 'Two Months In', an assessment of the changes made to the class over the past two months, and of the complaints made by the community.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149618350
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There's no point to worrying about numbers this far from release. I'm just happy they're listening to our feedback about CB's cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, the absolute numbers (X does exactly this much more than Y) aren't important before they start doing damage balance passes, but the relative numbers (is X more than Y?) are very important for determining spell priority. The new changes suggest that Incinerate and Fel Flame are going to be extremely close in relative terms, which has a pretty significant impact on our spell priority.

Incinerate is going to have better DPET thanks to haste scaling and Backdraft, but Fel Flame is a bit more mana efficient and has some additional utility in mobile DPS, Immo refreshing, and faster ember generation. Whichever one's better is likely going to depend on the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/23/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Fallensaint
Well, the absolute numbers (X does exactly this much more than Y) aren't important before they start doing damage balance passes, but the relative numbers (is X more than Y?) are very important for determining spell priority.

True. What I meant is it's not worth worrying about nerfs, since our damage hasn't been balanced yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]