Assassination Rogues

85 Orc Rogue
I think Mut is a decent and well developed spec, but it doesn't do anything that the other specs can't do better, aside from raw AOE.

It scales poorly, sucks at target swapping, and has no burst cooldowns.

Hopefully with less ramp up in MOP, it will have some time to shine. I hope they develop a niche each spec can excel at a bit more.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
05/24/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Verelyse
(If any Amish farmers happen to see this, I love you guys and your horse-drawn carriages).

since the Amish shun technology, electricity, and so on they prob. wouldnt have a computer to read you post i think you are safe,...
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
I've played Assassination since I made this character and I love it. I see how it is in some respects inferior to the other two specs, but then, I've always liked to play the underdog; never been much of a min/max player.

I think with some of the changes in Mists, Assassination will become more popular.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
05/24/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Xantha
(If any Amish farmers happen to see this, I love you guys and your horse-drawn carriages).

since the Amish shun technology, electricity, and so on they prob. wouldnt have a computer to read you post i think you are safe,...

Some DO leave their communities and live among us. So they might have seen it. Might!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hi! Assassination rogue here. I love it. :)

I tend to run 3~4 on the DPS charts depending on the fight, but I'm also raiding with an arcane mage, a fire mage/sometimes shadow priest, and an elemental shaman. Oh, and another Mut rogue.

I'm also rocking derpy internet, so there's always some inherent lag that tends to screw me over. :( But I love my spec and the way it plays. I tried Combat back in Firelands for a short while and hated it, and I'm not about to even try and tackle Sub PvE at this point. (I'm told the numbers are good but that it's very tricky - and I know my limitations, complete with the outside factors that affect how capable I am of complexities.)

Either way, glad to see there's still some Mut!Pride out there! <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Assassination will ALWAYS be my preferred spec. I can't ignore the OP cleave though....
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Rogue
still reppin assasination here
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm going back to assassination as soon as MoP hits... if that counts? Does it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
My DPS is low and i am told i could do alot better with the gear i have but im not. Do you guys have any pointer's please help.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
05/28/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Imyoninja
My DPS is low and i am told i could do alot better with the gear i have but im not. Do you guys have any pointer's please help.

First thing I noticed is you have a 1.8 dagger in your offhand. You should have a 1.4 dagger in the offhand.
None of your gear is enchanted.

Just... here stickies are your friends: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1658707015
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
maybe once you actually start raiding u won't =)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
05/28/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Imyoninja

Secondly, you're Assassination.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
It's nice no one plays Muti on PvP. That makes us unexpected.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm Mut, and probably always will be. I have always thought about this, and I think I know why I'm still Assass.

I've been Mut forever now, and I know my rotation and my timing and how everything works. So I don't just faceroll and just think I'll get good DPS. I plan my attacks and know how to keep !@#$ up and everything, so I can still pull good DPS even being Mut with these DS fights. I do see how Combat and Sub are MUCH better for DS fights. Combat's Blade Fury is OP as %^-* and you can stand in front of the boss and attack with having a DPS loss and I do in Mut, Combat and Sub has awesome Brust CD's that Assass doesn't have. I've try Combat, and I just can't stand it. Its so borriinnnngggg to me and I can't do good DPS in Combat and I have no idea why. Either my lack of skills playing Combat or my gear being in favor for Assass. I did Sub for Spine for my Brust DPS and that went great. Overall, Assass can be done if you do the right stats and know how to play Mut. I find it MUCH more fun :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
05/31/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Bloodwolffe
and you can stand in front of the boss and attack with having a DPS loss

Just a technical correction for future reference, combat rogues only stack expertise to the dodge cap, and bosses can dodge an attack from any direction when they're not casting something.

Standing in front of a boss also allows the boss to parry attacks, the expertise cap for that is 56, not 26.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am leveling in MoP (Beta) as assassination (the spec that I still prefer, but the raid mechanics in DS don't allow it to use its full potential) and I am having a blast, things die quickly. Not quite yet at a level for end game so I can't tell how it will be there.
One of the things that hindered Assassination potential in this tier was the difficulty to swap to Backstab in the last phase because of positional restirctions. In MoP they replaced BS with a similar ability (Dispatch) that doesn't need you to be behind the target so I assume that you would be able to go to the "execute" phase regardless of your positioning, that is a big plus.

One of the paradigms in MoP is that the talent system is "flexible" so you can pretty much tailor your spec by each fight "on the fly" without needing to go to a trainer and respec.
Edited by Moonbladé on 5/31/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ahhh, Ok. I never messed with Exp :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
MoP everyone will be mute spec... mutilate with shadow step is going to bring interest there.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
I've played Assassination since I made this character and I love it. I see how it is in some respects inferior to the other two specs, but then, I've always liked to play the underdog; never been much of a min/max player.

I think with some of the changes in Mists, Assassination will become more popular.

- I echo that statement..... I make the best out of being the underdog build; It's challenging :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]