My history on Sentinels

80 Blood Elf Warlock
Hello, I am Akavir (also Jinzuma, Pierre). I created this thread mainly to share some memories of my time on Sentinels. I'd like to hear some of your history as well, maybe we've met?

Let me start off by saying that I started playing WoW on literally the 1st day of January 2008. My first toon was a Night Elf Hunter called Twellyn, and my first ever in-game friend was a Night Elf warrior called Kaellron. I deleted that hunter at level 17, and don't have much to tell about him.

I've had this Warlock since February 2008 and is my oldest character, and 1 of 3 remaining from The Burning Crusade. Akavir has been in MANY guilds in the last 4 years and here is a list off the top of my head in order, maybe you've heard of:

<The Sunwell Covenant> 3/2008 - 3/2008
with: Keavy, Adramir
I left them dishonorably after a guild mate made a false claim to the GM about me. They have since moved to Moonguard and are still active to this day.

<Crazy Canucks> 4/2008 - 12/2008
with: Necrosomatic, Tynian, Thelesseron, Janosindra, Demastic, Soprersot
The guild was renamed <House of Darkness> in August of 2008, after Zangwen from <Deaths Handicap> reported our guild name for not being RP enough. Tynian quit playing, GM Necrosomatic quit WoW soon after hitting 80 when WotLK released, Demastic became GM, but the guild folded in January of 2009. To this day it has remained my best guild experience ever and I will never forget them.

<Decimate the Weak> 1/2009 - 4/2009
with: Yaretzi
A very mature hubby/wife guild, and the guild I was in when Akavir hit level 80. A good guild experience, but the active top tier of members stopped logging in, and it became a ghost town.

<Lords of War> 4/2009 - 11/29/09
with: Gulthrak, Fightem, Twistokane, Mookin.....etc
I was introduced to <Lords of War> by my IRL bud, Mookin. It was a guild with fun games and events, though I was more of an outcast, and never felt I was a part of it. I was online on 11/29/09 when it collapsed and literally 100 people /gquit.

<Shadows of Lords> 11/30/2009 - 12/2009
An attempt to revive Lords of war, but it never took off, and I took a 5-month hiatus from the game.

The hiatus was due in part to changes in the game. Patch 3.2.2 was the first ever hit I took from Blizzard that shook my faith, by making Onyxia, my favorite classic, into a level 80 raid. Patch 3.3 sealed the deal, by introducing cross-realm dungeons. This new feature literally took the fun away from the game for me and my willingness to play the game depressed like air from a tire.

I returned in 5/2010, and played around on other servers, like Darrowmere, Balnazzar and Draka. I quit playing Akavir, and started leveling one of my remaining Burning Crusade characters, Silverhoof, a Tauren druid. He was on Balnazzar, but I brought him to Sentinels and gave him a race change into a troll when able and named him Jinzuma. Then Cataclysm happened, and I quit the game indefinitely on 12/26/10, and I have scantly been back since, but I look forward to Mists of Pandaria and want to return.

It is so weird to write and reflect on some of the people and guilds I've been in, who are no longer here, even though they aren't dead IRL (well some of them could but let's hope not) I feel like Captain Picard at the end of the Star Trek TNG episode "The Inner Light". If you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about. *pulls out his tin whistle*

So I'd like to hear from others on here, their history on Sentinels, their memories, old friends and guilds and what made this realm a great place to be?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hmmm Lets see, the dates are kinda fuzzy, but can remember some of the guilds.

This Character here is my 3rd oldest. My Mage Raystlyn was made april of 2005, she currently is sitting at 60. My 2nd Todar was made a week later, when the guild I was in needed a tank.
This Character was made the day Sentinels went live. I signed the Original Charter for Acies, now lets see if I can remember the guilds I was in.

<Divine Intervention>
With: Cindella, Lenopi, Cathela.
This was my introduction to WoW, just coming from Star Wars Galaxies, great bunch of people, just messing around, and some PvP. They merged with Eleventh Hour

<The Eleventh Hour>
With Cidella, Lenopi, Cathela
This was My intro to raiding. many many nights or standing around MC while we scrounged up the 40 people to continue. Good guild, I left when they called my wife a C***

Rolled Marques here

<Stormwraiths>
With: Kalusyo, Coralie, Cerdwin
I joined this guild, to learn RP, just rolled here from raiding on Earthen Ring. There were many many good times had by all, and when I look for a RP guild, I base it off this one. <3 Coralie, an /Salute Kalusyo

<Excalibur>
With: Peruvian, Cerdwin and tons others
My second excursion into raiding, when BC hit. Great people, I loved this guild all the way till the day I left. I only left cause the GM(Peruvian) handed the guild to respite and moved on.

<Full Circle>
With: Myyth
This guild was fun. Had a blast with this group of people raiding BT. I still remember Myyth yelling "Are name is full circle an we can't make a F***ing circle. He an his friends left suddenly.

This point I took a break, spent some time on Thorium Brotherhood, came back here, joined heart of the dragon, but RL is a PiA.

That should be enough, I got some more, but those are the ones I remember best
Edited by Marques on 5/29/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
oh oh oh I like this thread, yes! My toons were/are Emu, Nevins, Annstás, Ghostsnstuff/Vier and Okali. Nostalgia train inc!!!!

Lords of War... On and off since mid-2007. I was active in city raids, some raiding, a metric assload of PVP. Active members and officers came and went in waves, but can't expect much from a server of this size. Roster was always fair, active, and entertaining. Best (and first) experience I've had in a online game. I really hope that Sentinels sees a resurgence in active players in the future just so I can log on and see more than 2 or 3 people online in LoW... Needs to be 30+ like the old days ;P I miss having a crowd for vent radio at 3am. Remember this !@#$!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL6zIh6CnpQ

Spin the Dragon... I don't think any explanation is needed for anyone familiar with Spin. I'm sure their roster has changed entirely from when I was a member; but these folks are straight up amazing and hilarious. I loved raiding with them and you should too, dammit.

Dark Destruction... More raiding. Met some awesome people here that I still talk to and had a lot of good times, but no-shows to events eventually led to a server transfer for them (i think???). I really don't know what happened with them, which saddens me a little. o_O;

I was also in Tenacious Twist, League and Frozensouls for a while but I didn't contribute much but heals and/or guild chat banter. I like my current server a lot, but I'll be hanging around Sentinels more, provided I am convinced into Pandaland.
Edited by Amnesia on 5/29/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ITT: Amnesia reminisces.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/29/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Silversol

Where am I?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/29/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Amnesia

Where am I?

youtu.be/bSrf8EgSyDg
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Oh, my. Do I have to limit it to Sentinels? ^_~ Actually, yes, my wall of text trying to write the ENTIRE history of characters and guilds goes way past the text limits.

I started playing WOW in June of 2006. Crushridge and Ner'zhul were my first realms, then Echo Isles. When Blackwater Raiders and Sentinels opened, I rolled on both. Sentinels won the RP (mostly because of a channel IC jerk on BWR) and became my home, which it has remained regardless of how many characters I roll everywhere.

HISTORY on SENTINELS

I think there were a couple of barely leveled and quickly deleted characters first as I figured out what I wanted to RP. Female Night Elves won, first and foremost for the flip when I would jump, secondarily for the amazingness that was Shadowmeld, and third because I liked their lore most of the Alliance races (Taurens and Trolls win Horde for me).

First was Adalinara who did the Tel'drassil questing. I was channel RPing on her, but there were too many rogues (at least 3, as I recall - Twinblades is the one I remember best.) Then was Erelody who was intended to be half-human grown up in human lands, so I did the Wetlands gauntlet at level 1 to start her questing in Elwynn.

Next was Eilethalua who got to level 5 or 6 with the first area of quests, then made the run for Elwynn after slipping unseen off the tree to avoid Darnassus. Eilethalua introduced herself as Blue in RP, and quickly became my main in all ways - the nickname sticking to me.

In the channel RP, the usual bartender Hoper wasn't logging in as often and one day Blue simply stepped behind the bar to serve drinks and encourage others to talk. For the next couple years, I quested while RPing like that.

<Eternal Vigilance> was created when I got sick and tired of random guild invitations. I think I may have started it on Ada, but I don't remember now. Getting those 10 signatures was a pain! And then finding someone to help me invite all my alts a chore. Over the years, some old RP friends joined as well.

RAIDING?

Blue still wasn't even 60 when Burning Crusades came out, even if I was in line at midnight to pick up my CE. However, with all the friends I did dungeons with, it wasn't long before she was caught up and to 70 and gearing up.

I raided, mostly on Blue, in BC with multiple guilds. It all started with a whisper of "Our healer didn't show up. Wanna come?". <Boonedock Saints> (spelling?) in Kara was the very first. I remember that well because I always healed warlocks who used Lifetap without complaining, and it was one of those I'd befriended who suggested me. Normally 1000 Healing Power was bare minimum for the first half of Kara, and I think I was closer to 850. BUT, I successfully kept him alive at one point where he always died, and everyone else I was assigned to, so I became their go-to healer.

Another guild I raided with was <Cute and Fuzzy Bunnies>. Much <3 <3 <3 for Kanth and Middy and Silliman. I never took Blue out of <Eternal Vigilance>, guilding Cassi with them to track DKP and sometimes even raiding on her.

There were other guilds that I raided with if their normal healer couldn't make it. BC raiding was always pure fun to me. Didn't matter if I didn't gear up fast or if we wiped many times, we had fun as a group.

Wrath started off with me putting Erelody in <Lichbane> to be one of the main tanks. More <3 <3 <3 for Marsh, Mysty, Ravine, Eyrkrie, and the rest of that crew. That was a blast until more people were recruited and the move was on to 25-man and 3-day a week raiding rather than 2-day. Burnout extraordinaire - I was delighted to be "free" even if I never did kill Mimiron or the rest.

I remember my very first day logging into WOW after loading Wrath. I log in and Silliman invites me to come heal dungeons. I haven't even seen the new areas, or done ANYTHING, and I'm summoned to a dungeon and following them inside. When we came out, we were in the Coldarra area, but I was completely clueless where I was and had no flight path out. They had to summon me to Utgarde Keep for the next dungeon, and again I was completely lost when I got out.

Cataclysm has found me spending more time questing. I've done a lot of dungeons, but never jumped to heroics (I refused to do so until I had the gear to feel competent, and still hate how healing works as a Holy priest), so raid was out of the question.

The dungeon / raid mindset that used to exist of it being fun and an adventure seems to mostly be gone. People raid for achievements and gear, not fun, and rush through everything as if it has to be done this week or else.

Not sure where MoP will find me. I will buy it, I will play it. But I'm down to a couple hours a week now as it is, so odds are I'll never see an MoP raid.

I still play on Sentinels, but I have high levels on other realms and may well focus more on Sablehorns on Ner'zhul when it comes to dungeons.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
My history on Sentinels: Came for The Legendary Sisterhood, stayed for the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I transferred here in January of 08 (from Moon Guard, I didn't know anything about the Goldshire there until a year after I'd transferred off). I was picked up by a guild while farming Argent Dawn rep. I don't remember why I started farming rep... but I apparently haven't stopped. Anyway, my first forum post was influenced by the guild forums in which Aideon had requested people bump the first HDCC post (Feb. 08). In that guild I'd learned about playing end-game, mechanics, raids, addons (mmm cartographer), and macros. The guild didn't sit me down and teach me all that; the internet trapped me after being pointed to a couple sites.

I had met Prodon on the Isle of QD randomly by doing dailies in the, HAY I KNOW YOU FROM FORUMS, type sense. In July of 08 I joined <Prodon's Minons> to get people to stop asking me to join their random guild. Met other people, went into other guilds, <Nocturnal Chaos> (on and off from Oct 08-Apr 10), <Pantheons> got back together with original cast members (Apr 10-Aug 10), and <Tribal Elders> (Sept 10-June 11).

This Sunday will mark a full year in <Lichbane>. How does Blue do walls of text... I'm ready for a nap after this small wall.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Hunter
05/30/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Sinlinara
My history on Sentinels: Came for The Legendary Sisterhood, stayed for the forums.

Oh gosh, I remember the controversy. I think the drama long outlasted the guild.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
05/30/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Silversol
I'm ready for a nap after this small wall.

<.<
>.>

I kept having to clip and cut mine short because it was running into a 5000 character limit.

I really need to just become a best-selling author. I spew enough words to be one.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Oh gosh, I remember the controversy. I think the drama long outlasted the guild.

All drama on Sentinels (I'm certain this is equally true for other servers and online communities as well) lasts long after everything is resolved. I was reading a thread on the Wyrmrest Accord forums where a Role-Player from Argent Dawn had a reputation for being a bad RPer, and even a year after she transferred to WrA she still had people dogging her, giving "warning" to people she MAY have come into contact with, and harassing her endlessly, even reaching the point where some of her personal information had been posted by other people onto the internet.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Hunter
I saw that thread you're talking about. I couldn't bring myself to read it though. Too overwhelming, and to be honest, it sounded kinda far fetched. Who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Started on this server on 8/9/06 with Daysky as a night elf priest.

Now to save time.... I will just give you links.

Daysky (Night Elf)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/39237929

Daysky (Blood Elf)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/118442175

Prodon (Human)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/49873715

Rimluz (Prodon renamed after coming back from another server as a Troll)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/112297684

Rimluz (Blood Elf form)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/115011995

Prodon (Blood Elf form)

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/121266135

Needless to say, after looking through my past, I have been in a decent amount of guilds. >.<

But I have made a ton of friends! And a few enemies, but oh well. I have come out of contact with quite of few of them. People like Bijou, Mattydrake, Warwalker, and many many many more. Sorry if I didn't mention anyone else.

Many great times here, and I do not plan to leave (again).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
RIP Daysky, killed by water bolts from Dorothee in Karazhan. The floor and walls could not save her.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Started out a few weeks after BC came out and joined <Akas of Agula> after they moved here from Anub'arak ( I believe ). I'd already spent about 6-8 months in Vent with them doing homework or graphics while they played Vanilla WoW and ended up starting myself at my boyfriend's request. The GM for AoA was Durriken and Cyruss with Myyth taking over before he formed <Full Circle>

I ended up joining <Perfect Storm> with Raynshadow and crew.

Switched over to Horde <The Tribal Elders> and when TE swapped to alliance side, moved with them to <Tribal Elders>. The guild is pretty quiet now, and I still have toons in it, but my active toons are in <MacFarlane's Lantern> with Stasar and his crew.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Oh my. Where to start? Posting on Gwenllian since she was my first character!

I rolled Gwen Feb '07 on Sent's, after my bf finally convinced me to play with him, and I've been hooked ever since.

<Skull Knight Legion> was our first guild, just starting out, was a friendly guild with a lot of players. Despite the BC stigma, it was a great place to start, and the GM and several at officer status were awesome people. We ran through a lot of heroic content there before the raid bug hit us both.

<Hellfire Club> Still to this day my favorite guild. I'm still in contact with a lot of these people and it makes me very happy. Kara with HFC was a blast, we knocked down a lot of bosses and had a lot of laughs along the way. Good times all around.

<Risen> With HFC, we decided (more Blizz than us) that 25-man was the only way to progress and some of HFC merged with another guild. A short time later, bf and I decided to move on, Risen was not a place for us. Also started Zoja around this time.

<MO> Moved to Modus to play with some friends from HFC. While I never raided with MO, always felt welcome and enjoyed the dungeon crawling with many guild members. A fantastic bunch of people! I can happily say I was an MO cheerleader. : ) Zoja (Cadi when I first created) hit 70 around this time, and when MO spilt, so did I. I moved Cadi on to a couple different servers before heading back to Sent's quite awhile later.

Fast forward to the Sent's homecoming, (Gwen I've never moved, but she became an alt a while ago) I joined <Lichbane> right around the end of Ulduar. I spent a lot of time chatting with them on Sent's Vent 2.0 before joining and it was a great guild to be in. Lots of raiding, tons of fun! We moved through Uld and into ICC before end of x-pac drama smacked the guild.

I moved on to a pvp server again before the end of Wrath, had some more PvP fun for a year, then came back to Zoja and Lichbane shortly after DS came out and am enjoying healing heaven!

While Gwen will always be an alt now, Zoja is alive and well, and enjoying the fruits of labor in DS with many friends. :D

<3 to this server. 6 years later, it's still home.
Edited by Gwenllian on 5/31/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hmm... my mind is very fuzzy this morning. Doesn't help that I woke up... I'll probably have to edit this later.

Lets see... I first jumped into WoW and onto this server on September 9th, 2006 after me and a few people jumped ship from SWG during SWG's downfall. Was pointed towards Sentinels to roll a toon and created Neus the Hunter. I eventually lost contact with the other guys after I got to about Lv 10.

I eventually joined the guild <Ashbringer>, or the guild that eventually became that... I cannot remember. Was wondering through Westfall like the new guy I was and some other night elf hunter threw me the guild invite. I cannot fully remember his name, but he was a nice guy.

BC came out a few months later, and Neus was still in the 40s while my druid, Neuscog, was around lv18. I bought BC about two weeks after it came out and decided to find a way to help me get Neus to Lv58. Eventually came across a guide that helped me navigate through quests and I managed to get to Outland. After reaching Outland, it was just having to stay focused on quests and their locations... and not getting distracted by hanging out in Goldshire, which I recall was a pretty cool place at the time.

Eventually I got to Lv69 and was in Shadowmoon Valley when leadership of <Ashbringer> was passed on to me. I don't remember why, but it was. And... at that point the guild was very quiet and practically dead except me and another guy. After reaching Lv70, since the guild wasn't anywhere close to being able to raid, I got into PvP. And enjoyed it. And eventually started causing disturbances in small Horde towns until Horde members showed up and chased me off to another town.

While doing PvP, I eventually left <Ashbringer> (I cannot remember if I just gave leadership to someone else or just did /gdisband) and joined up with the guild <Knight Club>. I liked how they were doing little duel tournaments in Redridge and joined them in causing mayhem for the Horde. Was great fun.

My first taste in raiding came when <Knight Club> grew an interest in raiding. Latank, a warrior tank that was in the guild, gave the guild a thirst for it if I recall. So we began hitting up Karazhan and we were getting our rears handed to us. Eventually the interest in raiding grew to the point that the guild eventually split and <Singe> was born.

I had my fun being in <Singe> as I learned how to raid for the first time. Even though we never really progressed past Karazhan and spent weeks and months farming Kara, it was still a fun raid. And then WotLK came out, and we eventually went about raiding in Northrend. At this time I had stopped juggling my main between Neus and Jaara, a shaman I created and leveled, and created Ogumel the Death Knight, who became and is still my main raiding toon.

But after a while of struggling with Naxxramas, eventually Latank split and a new GL was selected for Singe and I was an officer of a guild for the second time since I started playing WoW. We kept on struggling along in Naxxramas, as well as Ulduar, and had to resort to pugging people. Eventually the guild got swept up by Swift and his gang in <Exile> and it led to me joining the third guild I've been a part of since playing WoW.

Despite Swift's rep, it was fun raiding with his group. They were active, vocal, and knew what they were doing. We pushed through Ulduar and went into ICC when it came out. Unfortunately, a few months later drama occured and I was eventually guildless again on Ogumel and all of my other toons. Between the drama and me becoming guildless again, I had a run in with the <Dragonsworn Council> and Rublestrasza, and I was eventually introduced to the thing I had yet to do on a RP server: actual RP. While I was beginning to enjoy it (and I sucked at it at first), I still wanted to raid. I saw that a friend of mine had joined <Perfect Storm>, so I applied and was accepted. And have continued to have loads of fun since then.

For me, Sentinels has been a home for my WoWing since I started and has continued to be a home. I have yet to venture far from the server on any alt, and I don't think I'll really venture far from the server anytime soon. At least for long.

On a side note... this wasn't too much rambling... right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/31/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Silversol
RIP Daysky, killed by water bolts from Dorothee in Karazhan. The floor and walls could not save her.
I still say I got the shaft on all that!

Also, RIP Silversol, death by mobs while healing for once.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/31/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Prodon
Also, RIP Silversol, death by mobs while healing for once.

Well you died after I got killed as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]