Unable to claim 4 months game time

86 Undead Priest
Because I was not planning on quitting at the time. I had just stopped hardcore raiding, but wanted the option to play casually. It just turned out that I lost interest.

Besides, that has nothing to do with anything. I was told that if I signed up for annual pass, which requires me to sign a commitment to continue paying for one year, and then if I bought a collectors edition of Diablo 3 and upgraded my account, I would be credited for 4 months. I have held up my side of the bargain, even though I do not play anymore. They have not held up their end of the bargain. My reasons for entering into the bargain are completely immaterial.

To add insult to injury, when I submitted a support ticket explaining the situation, it was closed two days later, stating that because they are too busy with D3 stuff, they don't have time to help me.

Unacceptable.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
06/02/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Hymns
it was closed two days later, stating that because they are too busy with D3 stuff, they don't have time to help me.

Something tells me that you're leaving out a bit of the response.

In any event, you can either wait or call billing. Those be the options.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
I'd rather not make an international call that would probably cost me more than the monthly subscription, thanks.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Then waiting it is. Skype can also make the call for free internationally if you have a headset and mic.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
06/02/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Perl
it was closed two days later, stating that because they are too busy with D3 stuff, they don't have time to help me.

Something tells me that you're leaving out a bit of the response.

In any event, you can either wait or call billing. Those be the options.

By the way, here you go, copy pasted from the support ticket:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

We would like to thank you for the enthusiasm you have shown towards Blizzard games! Recently, we released Diablo III and due to the success of the launch we have received a high volume of phone calls, petitions, and other responses. We are working diligently to process all requests in a timely fashion; however, we are unable to get to your request at this time.

We recommend visiting our support site at us.battle.net/support as the self-service options are comprehensive and our articles are capable of answering most questions.

so tldr: we're too busy with D3 to help you
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
06/02/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Hymns
so tldr: we're too busy with D3 to help you

I can see how someone in your position would read it that way. I read it as, sorry for the delay due to the above, but you'll want to use the self help articles.

While not the best response, it certainly isn't what you're portraying it to be.

So again, either wait or call billing...that's up to you. This was never something that could be handled via a ticket.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
I am supposed to use self help articles to fix an issue on blizzards servers which is not allowing me to apply time to my account?

Pray tell, which self help articles would assist me with my problem? Let me guess, this would be your response:

http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Time-Patience-Meaning/dp/1586380184

Unfortunately, in this circumstance, time really does = money. If it takes them a few days, fine. If it takes them a couple weeks, OK, fine. If it takes them a few months, it's pretty unacceptable. I, as I'm sure everyone else in my situation, would appreciate some sort of indication as to where this issue sits on their priority list, and the likelihood that it will be resolved in a timely manner.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Sure as heck, not a browser issue. Tried it with IE, Safari, and Firefox and still no dice.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope this fix hits soon. I was hoping to pay my next subscription with the 4 free months but it seems like I'm going to have to use another payment method for now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Just upgraded my D3 to collector's and got this "file not found" business. Glad I'm not the only one.. but this sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I also have this problem : /
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I have this problem as well.

I would like my 4 months of WoW I payed for please...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Same problem, can't claim my time. cleared browser cache and history, and cookies, tried two different browsers, no luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I highly doubt it was ever a browser issue. The error message I'm getting leads me to a different conclusion. It says 'File not found' which to me means that someone, somewhere, hasn't completely turned this function on yet. I know people who told me they were able to claim it. I just hope it gets fixed before my next renewal comes up.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
06/04/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Desucometh
I highly doubt it was ever a browser issue. The error message I'm getting leads me to a different conclusion. It says 'File not found' which to me means that someone, somewhere, hasn't completely turned this function on yet. I know people who told me they were able to claim it. I just hope it gets fixed before my next renewal comes up.

It looks like it is an issue with the website, Blizzard has said they are investigating it and hopes to have it fixed soon. It was "turned on" because I know a bunch of people that have claimed it already. It is probably an error with in the web site database somewhere.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It looks like it is an issue with the website, Blizzard has said they are investigating it and hopes to have it fixed soon. It was "turned on" because I know a bunch of people that have claimed it already. It is probably an error with in the web site database somewhere.

It looks like Soulbinder quoted one of my threads from last week. I've made some inquires and I'm afraid I do not currently have an estimate on when the matter may be resolved. From what I found out it looks like this is related to another issue. As soon as that is resolve it should also resolve this one.

In the meantime I'm afraid we are unable to redeem the credit that these accounts should otherwise be able to claim. Hopefully they'll make some progress soon and get a fix implemented. If I hear anything new I'll pass it along.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Getting the same error. Tried in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Same error both for both browsers on two different machines (home desktop and personal laptop).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have the WoW annual pass and it's coming up where I need to pay for more time... except I shouldn't have to since I should have 4 months of game time on my account to complete this annual pass.
This really is unacceptable. "Sorry for the added confusion here." is not a proper response in my opinion since there is no confusion - they messed up and need to rectify.
The response from my first ticket was 5 days. The response I received was incorrect since it was already not working at that time. I responded right away and it took another 3 days to get a response back on the same thread. I know it's not a huge wait time, but that's not the issue. The customer service is lacking and we're not getting what we rightfully paid for.

Here is my ticket chain:

"
5/28/2012 7:03 PM
Hello,
I bought the Diablo3 collectors edition and have the Warcraft annual pass. I received my in-game extra but my warcraft account hasn't received the bonus game time that adding a collectors edition to the standard was supposed to do.

Can you please add the game time to my main Warcraft account.
Thank you.

-----------------------------

6/2/2012 3:11 AM

Customer Service Representative

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue, I'm Game Master Antinik and I am glad to be at your service! Your report was very clear and included all the information that I needed to look further into this matter and make sure I was able to provide an accurate resolution for you. =)

I am happy to report that you can actually claim the 4 months of free game time yourself! Here's how:

Click on the blue "ACCOUNT" link near the top
Click on your World of Warcraft account that has the Annual Pass
At the top should be a blue banner that says "Claim Free Game Time"
Click on "Claim your free game time" in the banner.
Play wow for free!

If this answered all your questions, please feel free to mark the "Message Read" box. Selecting this choice means that you are content with our response and do not wish to discuss the issue any further.

If you wanted to discuss this matter or there was information you didn't get to include in your report, go head and select "Need More Help" and we'd be happy to talk to you about this.

Regards,
----------------------
6/2/2012 6:54 AM

Thank you for your reply, however when I click the blue banner I get this page:
https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/%7B0%7D

which gives me the error "File not found.
Back to Battle.net Account Management"

and I am unable to get 4 month bonus.

------------------
3 hours ago

Hey there,

This functionality was mistakenly taken offline a little while back. Currently we do not have a way to add the game time onto accounts nor do we have a way to essentially redeem the game time from this side. This one is sadly a waiting game. :-/

There's currently a thread up on the topic too and I'd be willing to bet that further status updates will continue to be posted here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5568799557?page=2

Sorry for the added confusion here.

Regards,

Is there anything else I can do?
-------------
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just don't get it. If functionality was taken offline flip the switch and put it back online.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]