Unable to claim 4 months game time

85 Tauren Druid
This whole situation is messed up and Blizzard isnt saying anything about it. Its either really shady business practices or Blizzard just doesnt care about their customers.
Edited by Vrakthris on 6/14/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
06/14/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Harvestator
This whole situation is messed up and Blizzard isnt saying anything about it. Its either really shady business practices or Blizzard just doesnt care about their customers.

Or the more logical thing is that it was a technical glitch that is taking a long time to resolve. You know since Blizzard already said that is what it was in this very thread. You can't say Blizzard isn't saying anything about it in the same thread that Blizzard has posted about it in. If you are going to accuse Blizzard of not caring or having shady business practices at least do it where people can't prove you wrong so easilly...
Edited by Vrakthris on 6/14/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I submitted an online ticket to Account Services instead of calling them. I will let you know what I hear!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
06/14/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Supergìrl
I submitted an online ticket to Account Services instead of calling them. I will let you know what I hear!

Vrak did note this in another post, so I'm sorry, but I don't think the ticket will help:

05/31/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Vrakthris
The billing and account service people may not, but it sounds like someone else could...

I am sorry if I gave that impression, Modrapohlavi. By specifying that our Billing and Account service department is unable to manually redeem the time I do not mean that someone else may be able to.

The issue preventing folks from redeeming that time is currently under investigation and will be resolved as soon as it can be. Though I do not have a time frame on when that may be it is our intention of resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

For now, there is no way to redeem the 4 months of game time granted when an Annual Pass holder adds a Diablo III Collector's Edition to their account. It is currently only accessible by the account holder through the website. Until the issue causing the error is resolved everyone experiencing the issue will will be unable to add that time to the account.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Or the more logical thing is that it was a technical glitch that is taking a long time to resolve. You know since Blizzard already said that is what it was in this very thread.

That I did. :)

We completely understand the frustration this has caused for those of you experiencing it. Unfortunately, the resolution for the issue is not as forthcoming as we'd like. I can assure you that this is something that our web folks are working to resolve a quickly as they can.

As soon as I have anything definitive I will certainly pass it along.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
As stated by one of the blizz support members in an earlier post on this thread; it seems to be a browser issue. I tried claiming the four months with google chrome and it was not working, when I switched to internet explore I was able to claim my four months! I hope this may help others who were experiencing the same problem!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I can confirm with Ackthal that using IE 9 in my case just allowed me to add the 4 months time to my account.

Not the best experience with Blizzard customer support - which is unfortunate.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I used Safari and Chrome. Neither allowed me to redeem my game time so I didn't think it was a browser issue. Well, it seems it extends to multiple browsers, because after reading it works with Internet explorer, I can confirm that it worked when I used Firefox. Or they just recently fixed the issue.

I wish this simple solution would have been more obvious and announced by Blizzard though...
Edited by Modrápohlavi on 6/14/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I used Safari and Chrome. Neither allowed me to redeem my game time so I didn't think it was a browser issue. Well, it seems it extends to multiple browsers, because after reading it works with Internet explorer, I can confirm that it worked when I used Firefox. Or they just recently fixed the issue.

I wish this simple solution would have been more obvious and announced by Blizzard though...
It sounds like they are fixing the issue since it was not working for any browsers prior to very recently and was not working for firefox earlier.
Reply Quote
Just worked for me with Google Chrome. Thank you Blizz :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
i can also confirm, just claimed my 4months with firefox as well! hurray!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Excellent news, perhaps some of the items they are working through is allowing some browsers to process the request.

Any Annual Pass holder who is attempting to claim the 4 months of game time granted from adding a Diablo III Collector's Edition please try clearing your cookies/cache and reload your browser before trying again. Move to a different browser if you continue to get the error to see if that works.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Excellent news, perhaps some of the items they are working through is allowing some browsers to process the request.

Any Annual Pass holder who is attempting to claim the 4 months of game time granted from adding a Diablo III Collector's Edition please try clearing your cookies/cache and reload your browser before trying again. Move to a different browser if you continue to get the error to see if that works.

Vrakthris. thank you for the info. just tested. and bam. 4 months active. everyone that hasn't tried yet. when i went to the site. it didn't work right away. cleared my browser history and cookies. the link worked fine after that. this is on windows 7 and using Firefox.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you for finally fixing this.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just claimed my 4 months using Chrome. Thanks! :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was able to claim my 4 months using IE9. Thank you =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I updated my Diablo account to a collector's edition yesterday. I have only one wow account on that battle.net account and there is nothing to claim the 4 months of game time. I have been trying to call blizzard since yesterday morning and keep getting the message that the hold queue is full to please call back at another time. :-(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/16/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Hermíone
I updated my Diablo account to a collector's edition yesterday. I have only one wow account on that battle.net account and there is nothing to claim the 4 months of game time. I have been trying to call blizzard since yesterday morning and keep getting the message that the hold queue is full to please call back at another time. :-(

If you just upgraded yesterday, it may take a little while to show, Hermione.

Are you certain you did upgrade - what does your account show under games in Account Management. I'm just seeing a regular one on the account you are posting under here.

In any case, Billing really can't help with this. I'd first double check Account Management.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

If you just upgraded yesterday, it may take a little while to show, Hermione.

Are you certain you did upgrade - what does your account show under games in Account Management. I'm just seeing a regular one on the account you are posting under here.

In any case, Billing really can't help with this. I'd first double check Account Management.

Morning Orlyia, This is the battle.net that I upgraded. It does show it's upgraded and I received all the in game items.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm still not used to having the accounts split onto seperate battle.net accounts. Hermione is my usual main and she's who I usually use to post, but she is not on the battle.net that got upgraded.

The last time I called in the rep told me when I upgraded to call back if there were any issues, that's why I've been trying to call. I have to say I've had some really great service reps the couple of times I've had to call.
:-)
Edited by Arwén on 6/16/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]