Info on Aeonaxx AND TLPD

100 Blood Elf Hunter
If there's already a thread on this topic, I totally missed it. . . Consider this an apology in advance.

I already know where both drakes can be found, but there seems to be some confusion on spawning timers.

I've read that Aeonaxx spawns every 6-22 hours, every 36 hours, and once a week. Never seeing the drake myself, and not personally knowing anyone who has hardcore camped Aeonaxx, I don't know which of these, if any, times are true.

Same with the Time Lost Proto Drake. . . 3-6 hours, 6-22, once a week, and once every two weeks. I always thought it was completely random, and that the GM only knows. I don't know. . .

I know I camped Aeonaxx for a straight 6 hours (Mind you, I was watching TV and drawing during these times), and nothing came up.

And during the times I camped TLPD for my boyfriend, I've only found and killed Vyragosa. This was once a day around 6:45PM server time for three days straight. I've seen more people on our server with the drake now than ever, so I highly doubt it's once every two weeks.

If anyone has any useful information, or anyone else who are looking for these drakes, please share.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Aeonaxx : I've heard that it can spawn in the phased part of that zone also, so it may be there and you just can't see it. I do not know the spawn timer for it, though if it is anything like TLPD, it's spawn timer is impacted by the death of other rares in that zone.

TLPD: I always been told that it spawns " X " hours after Vyragosa is killed. I've heard 6 hrs and I've heard 12 hrs. No clue to be honest.

If you are really looking to camp these drakes ( not worth it imo ) maybe google it and see what people are saying. I know several people that have the drakes and most got them by random encounters.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
dont bother campin them

rofl 6 hours after vyra is dead tlpd spawns good jokes iv killed vyragosa 4 times in a gaming sit once
have left computer on while i slept with npcscan and speakers full volume so it would wake still no tlpd
i camped tlpd for weeks then farmed herbs in the zone for months many many hours aday
have killed vyragosa more times then i remember

best to just check the zone soon as you login or log off

its just plain luck so good luck
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
06/04/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Nananananan
have killed vyragosa more times then i remember

QFT

I haven't camped it out much, but occasionally every couple weeks or so I take a visit to Storm Peaks. I have killed Vyragosa atleast 10+ times @ min.

I have targeted TLPD and it was dead twice =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Last i heard for TLPD spawn timer, is that it can spawn 12 hrs after Vyragosa kill. However, Vyragosa can also spawn instead of TLPD. Now i havent farmed it for awhile now since i have it on 3 diff. toons. But something u can do to help is dual-box so that you are constantly in Storm Peaks waiting for it. Another suggestion is killing rare mobs in Northrend moving up / reducing the spawn timer for Vyragosa/TLPD. As for Aeonaxx, it can spawn in different phases-which sucks. Need a bit 'o luck for this one. I'm sure eventually there "may" be more info. on some kinda timer to help with farming. But hey, with D3 out, summer, and end of expac nearing, should be far less people farming these 2 mounts. Your odds have just increased. What are you still doing here reading this, GO FARM. MEOW!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
6-22 hr mark is about right, started farming it yesterday after i had seen someone kill him. Did about a 24 hr camp of deepholme circling the spawn points, got him at 9:56 Svr time, Blackrock
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
06/11/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Lilmoo
yeaahh these people who posted seem to not really know what they are talking about

Yea, dont listen to us, we know nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
so you just got aeonaxx? or am i getting that wrong? i have been camping just sa bout 24hr a day for about 2 weeks now and no sign.....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I've gotten TLPD three times and while doing it I killed Vyragosa numerous times. As far as spawn timers, there is nothing concrete. After killing Vyragosa, I would always come back six hours and then twelve hours afterwards. Once, and only once, did anything spawn almost exactly 12 hours after I killed Vyragosa. Unfortnately it was her again. The best advice I can give is to camp at Boar's Breath. It's the most common spawn location (IMO) and is an area where two possible flight paths cross each other. Of my three TLPD kills, two were at the frozen lake at Boar's Breath. The other was just east of the flight point at K3.

Now Aeonaxx.....(sigh)....I've been camping her off and on for going on four months now. In that time my NPC Scan has only gone off four times. Once for Blood Seeker, once for Aeonaxx and twice for Xariona. I never could locate Blood Seeker or Aeonaxx after the alarms went off. Xariona is easy to find and sticks around for a long time.

For both these mounts, now matter how much you plan and strategize and camp, a certain degree of luck is required. My strategy with TLPD was to always log out hovering at my camping spot and log in at various times throughout the day, camp for a few hours and hope that I got lucky. (I did.) So I'm using this same strategy for Aeonaxx. A few times, though, I'll stay logged in (in Windows mode, so I can still hear the NPC Scan alarm go off) whiel I read or watch TV or putter around the house, but so far, no luck.
Edited by Tyranni on 6/19/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This seemed like a good place. Twice now, I've had my npc Scanner go off for Aeonaxx but been unable to target him. Does anyone know what's going on? Is it the addon or a bug with Aeonaxx or just me being unlucky. I asked in general and nobody said anything about having grabbed him or riding on the mount. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
I've had that happen to me twice now. The NPC Scan alarm goes off, but Aeonaxx is nowhere to be seen. And once I was deep inside the Crumbling Depths, camping up on the ledge where Jadefang spawns and nowhere near any of the spawn points and my Aeonaxx alarm went off.

So yeah, I honestly think it's some kind of bug that has to do with the phasing effect. That would explain why I've been camping this dragon for over four months and have yet to see it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Aeonaxx typically spawns twice a week, the absolute minimum is 6 hours. TLPD's got a minimum of 45 minutes, but that is only when other rares are being killed in Northrend. The way TLPD's spawn works is that every time Vyragosa is about to spawn, there's a small chance TLPD will take its place. So TLPD shares spawn points and timers with Vyragosa. Remember that ALL rares in Northrend are linked and the more rares you kill in Northrend, the greater chance Vyragosa (or possibly TLPD) will spawn. In Deepholme however... the rares are not linked in any way. If you ever here Aeonaxx is linked to the rare spawn Bloodseeker, he's not. And to answer the NPC scan going off and Aeonaxx is nowhere to be seen... Somebody else most likely mounted him and he just flew out of sight. =/

I spent 9 hours on and off until I found TLPD, spent about a month just checking Deepholme, and 3 days hardcore camping until I got him.

Hope some of this helps.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
06/11/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Lilmoo
yeaahh these people who posted seem to not really know what they are talking about...from what i learned about camping many different rares is that aeonaxx is on a 6-22hr mark...people who claim to have camped it for days straight, yeah well thing is sorry but you missed the spawn...

No. His max spawn time is pretty close to a week. Can guaruntee 22 hours is not the max. You don't even know what you're talking about. :P
Edited by Namakero on 8/4/2012 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/24/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Namakero
And to answer the NPC scan going off and Aeonaxx is nowhere to be seen... Somebody else most likely mounted him and he just flew out of sight. =/

Actually no, that wasn't possible. Aeonaxx has two distinct NPC Scan IDs: When he spawns, it's 50062. But when a player mounts him and he turns hostile, it changes to 51236. (Note: this ID must be entered manually into NPC Scan's database.) The last time my alarm went off for Aeonaxx, it was 50062 which set it ff. I searched high and low for him but was never able to target him. Neither was any other player. In other words, the alarm went off but NOBODY saw him.

Even more curious was when I was way up in the northeast corner inside the Crumbling Depths and standing in the small cave where Jadefang spawns. My NPC Scan alarm went off for Aeonaxx and it too was triggered by the first code: 50062. So for that to happen, there are only three possible conclusions:

1. There's a seventh spawn location that nobody knows about.
2. It was the result of a bug or a glitch in either NPC Scan or World of Warcaft
3. The effective range of NPC Scan is about five times longer than anyone thinks it is.

I took a screenshot of it when it happened, so if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about I'd be glad to send it to them.
Edited by Tyranni on 6/26/2012 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
First rule of mount hunting is: You don't talk about mount hunting! Damn you Vyragosa
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What's the big deal about TLPD? That mount is ugly anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Actually no, that wasn't possible. Aeonaxx has two distinct NPC Scan IDs: When he spawns, it's 50062. But when a player mounts him and he turns hostile, it changes to 51236. (Note: this ID must be entered manually into NPC Scan's database.) The last time my alarm went off for Aeonaxx, it was 50062 which set it ff. I searched high and low for him but was never able to target him. Neither was any other player. In other words, the alarm went off but NOBODY saw him.

I'm aware... It will still say Aeonaxx on the NPC scan... If someone was afk or just doing a quick scan for aeonaxx, and NPC scan goes off, and he is nowhere is sight, then yes somebody most likely mounted him already.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Ugly mount is ugly. Can't believe so many folks spend hours camping it.

However on topic good info in this thread for those who wish to. G'luck and may the wow gods bless you.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Aeonaxx typically spawns twice a week, the absolute minimum is 6 hours. TLPD's got a minimum of 45 minutes, but that is only when other rares are being killed in Northrend. The way TLPD's spawn works is that every time Vyragosa is about to spawn, there's a small chance TLPD will take its place. So TLPD shares spawn points and timers with Vyragosa. Remember that ALL rares in Northrend are linked and the more rares you kill in Northrend, the greater chance Vyragosa (or possibly TLPD) will spawn. In Deepholme however... the rares are not linked in any way. If you ever here Aeonaxx is linked to the rare spawn Bloodseeker, he's not. And to answer the NPC scan going off and Aeonaxx is nowhere to be seen... Somebody else most likely mounted him and he just flew out of sight. =/

I spent 9 hours on and off until I found TLPD, spent about a month just checking Deepholme, and 3 days hardcore camping until I got him.

Hope some of this helps.

Aeonaxx is linked to Blood Seeker though the rest of your post is correct. Blood Seeker is Vyragosa to Aeonaxx's TLPD. Unfortunately, the bat has a much, much smaller visual range and is bugged, as of 4.3, in that he will despawn a few seconds after spawning so the odds of missing a bat spawn are quite high.

If you're serious about camping either of these, read up:

tlpdresource.com and aeonaxxresource.com

TLPD Resource video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNkVBFwsTVo

The only variation I've found is that it's relatively easy to determine typified TLPD/Vyra spawns for your OWN server based on traffic. For example, on US-LS, if no one was out pushing NR rares, a Vyra/TLPD spawn showed up every 11-13 hours (results based on two weeks of camping). The one time that I watched two people actively pursuing Frostbitten, a Vyra showed up six hours after the last. As a result, I gave myself a ten-hour break in between spawns. It was a risk as I don't know who might be looking for rares but I was confident in my server to continue its tendencies during my camp. For my TLPD camp, I parked my main shaman on the FL spawn point (NOT in the path) and an alt shaman on the Brunn spawn-- every waterfall and ULd spawn made it to me as the only other campers I saw decided to sit at the multi-path (which can't see spawns). During my camp, I tagged every.single.Vyra.successfully=) It took around 16 Vyras before a TLPD showed up.

After landing TLPD, I moved on to Aeonaxx. It's been about a week. I sit on a spawn spot and I can see two other spawn points from this spot. I have not added a second camper to the opposite spots yet (accepting the risk that I might miss those spawns) but as I logged in last night (stopped to visit the grocery store) to see that not only had Aeonaxx spawned on my camp, but I missed the chance to tag him by the most literal definition of 'a second,' I'm tempted to add the second account to the mix again. This is a much quieter camp (no random PvP) as the spawn windows are larger and almost impossible to keep track of as an individual. I haven't seen any other serious campers (just a couple repeat names who log on for an hour or so at a time) so sharing notes hasn't been much of an option. Other than that one disappointing log, I've seen a Xariona (not linked) which I killed on my DK as a way to break the monotony.

Anyway, read up on the linked pages. There are a lot of outdated (and false) theories still being pushed. Yes. Blood Seeker and Aeonaxx share spawn spots/timers unfortunately. Unlike TLPD and Vyra however, there's nothing you can do to speed up the frequency of their spawns.

A final note: as suggested by Ponderance, get both NPCScan and Silver Dragon. I wouldn't bother with Overlay. I can't speak for Aeonaxx-- both went off when I logged in sitting on his nuts but there were multiple times that despite my cache being cleared, SD alerted me to a Vyra while NPCScan simply cached the spawn without sounding an alert.
Edited by Tamashi on 8/8/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]