It's Been A Great Ride!

100 Undead Priest
Well folks, it’s been a long time, and what’s more is that it’s been a long time coming. After seven incredibly entertaining years of going at it with reckless abandon, it’s time to call in the dogs and put out the light. I’m going to be retiring from the game effective immediately. I know this may come as a little bit of a surprise to some of you, but it’s something I’ve been wrestling with for a little while now.

I would love to thank all of you for being a part of my life in many ways, shapes and forms for the last seven years. There are so many countless memories I can attribute to this game, but mostly to the people that have touched my life, both in and out of game. It was truly a pleasure to have met you all in one way or another. It’s something I will never forget and I truly mean that.

I remember starting out all those years ago on Scarlet Crusade as just some random guy that could hardly find his way out of Undercity. I barely could spell “RP”, no less know what an RP server was. The point was I didn’t really care, and the people here on this server were pretty damn good about well, pretty much everything. It wasn’t long before I found my way into a guild and I found that I absolutely loved to raid, and especially win. I was introduced to the PvP part of the game early on and believe it or not (...some of my older friends will tell you this too!) I didn’t really like it very much. I know, it sounds crazy right? I finally figured out how to play a little better, avoid things better, and from there I guess you can say it was all history...lots of it!

I enjoyed all the beatings we doled out, and also the ones we endured at the hands of the Alliance. Oh and before I forget, I really do want to wish a fond farewell to the Alliance folks as well. Most of them were pretty damn good about our romps to their cities and some of the things we did to them, all in fun of course. I know and remember a lot of them jumping on to Horde alts and giving me static about what we were doing, most of those whispers were pretty good natured and I salute you guys for putting up a pretty good defense and making the game what it was....FUN!

I’ve made some very special friends throughout, some more special than others (/wink...you all know who you are!) and again it’s hard to think I would ever forget all the time we spent in game...or out! I certainly will miss you guys, it’s been a fantastic ride but it’s just simply time to move on. I hope that I helped make the server a better, more fun and entertaining place, and I was glad to be a part of your lives, whether it was a Saturday PvP romp, a drunken Friday or Saturday night vent guitar jam, or a guild raid with the tremendous folks in Mischief. It truly was a pleasure!

So long Scarlet Crusade!!!

May the only “pain” in your lives be Champagne!
Ozzy
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
<salutes> Shame to see you go, but I can understand. Enjoy and have fun with things!

Psst, the pandas are coming, might look back when they do, see if that helps or not.
Reply Quote
Peace bro, thanks for the good times!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Take care Ozzy. Hope you didn't mind the froglegs too much - I thought you were flirting when you said "ribbit" XD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
=,(

You'll be missed...
Reply Quote
89 Human Warlock
Dang it! I am truly disappointed. It will not be the same without you.

I have also been playing about 7 years and did not PVP until about 4 years ago, when my son begged me to do arena with him. Back during WOTLK once when I was in Wintergrasp at the cauldron of flame farming elementals this undead Priest and his pal were picking on poor little me all by myself. I kept rezzing and going back to try and kill him. Another Alli came along and attempted to help to no avail. I said "thanks, but that Ezikiel guy is pretty good". He said you mean "Oz"....
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Turri sends his love, Ozzy. He also said thanks for letting him run with the group, and for defending on pvp Saturdays.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Death Knight
We will love you forever Ozzy, don't forget us cause we will certainly never forget you. It was an honor to fight by your side both roflstomping the Alliance and raiding with you. We'll miss you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Scarlet Crusade just died.

Farewell, if you still remember me Ozzy
Reply Quote
24 Undead Rogue
I come back and you are leaving sigh...Good luck to you!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Oppps wrong character...I remeber you from back in the day. Good luck bro you had a great ride.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Server won't be the same without you Ozzy. Good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Thanks for setting up all those fun PvP Saturdays for many years sir. However, I don't thank you for randomly stumbling onto Axiom vent and suddenly signing Backstreet Boys with your guitar. I won't thank you for that one bit!

Take care and best of luck in whatever new time sink you find, Ozzy!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
/salute
best of luck to you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I wish you the best, Ozzy! SC won't be the same without you...

~Steronica (formerly Sindrow)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
well oz so ends another chapter in pvp history no wonder saturdays have become so damn boring lately going to miss "stormwind is under attack" it wa ssuch an adrenaliin rush now i gotta listen to check out my transmorg as evevryone is playing Mr. Dressup. take care hope to see pvp sat in mists
Reply Quote
My only regret is that it took you 3 expansions to finally make the move to Mischief. Have a great vacation Ozzy and we will see you on the flip side :)
Reply Quote
75 Tauren Druid
Later Ozzy.
Reply Quote
Love you Ozzy.

Maybe 4 years ago or so I remember you saying something in vent along the lines of:

"Nobody quits this !@#$."

We'll see... ;)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Best of luck to you.
Lok'tar Ogar!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]