The True Story of Cataclysm

100 Night Elf Hunter
On December 29, of 2008 an extremely handsome man from Doritoville had a radical idea, that one should live your faith not just at Church but wherever you are. He had no idea what he was doing, no real plan, but he prayed about it and decided to give it a shot forming up a guild based on that belief that wherever you are you can impact people's lives positively for Christ. Thus Cataclysm was born.

At first recruitment was slow, during that time the way you grew was by spamming trade with recruitment ads and/or using the server forums. The idea of a Christian based guild was frequently met with derision and hostility. A month later however a pair of new recruits helped to turn things around. A Bro and his !@#$%^-*!@#$ life partner who were excited to see a guild with a Christian foundation and saw the vision the original founders had. They quickly became officers and guild found itself stabilizing and growing into a close knit social guild running regular five mans, PvP battlegrounds, giving leveling assistance to lowbies and running the best raid group the server has ever seen. Others came along forming a stable and solid core giving the guild a reputation on the server for polite and capable players.

Later the original officers realized God was telling them to spread the good word on other servers and left to follow God's path for their WoW career. Stikman then choose his three most beloved and faithful raiders to put into officer positions, Soonkyu, Bàshin and Shivalover. Stikman was committed to keeping the original vision for the guild alive while at the same time staying current with the ever changing dynamics Blizzard was introducing to World of Warcraft. Under his leadership Cataclysm transitioned from a purely Christian exclusive guild to one that included unbelievers with the intent to show them the love of Christ in a raiding environment. The guild continued to grow and develop. It was not always smooth but the Lord continued to bless.

Years later during the Diablo raiding drought Stikman asked his officers their opinion on continuing raiding while there were demons to slay. They were reluctant to completely remove themselves from the quest to kill Deathwing so instead asked that they continued raiding, even if it meant splitting the raid in half. One half to fight the encroaching hordes of demons unleashed by Diablo and the other half to continue fighting the good fight against Deathwing. This is the position the leadership team that now heads Cataclysm faces. With Pandaclysm on the horizon Stikman is continuing to be our steadfast leader, encouraging all to press on and never give up. Our officer core is made up of individuals who support Stikman's vision with all their hearts. Each member of Cataclysm is a fantastic individual and I invite you to take the time to read their personal testimonies.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
I recently joined Cataclysm, when I came to the guild I was an unbeliever. As Stikman's right hand man, literally, in raids He felt the need to teach me how the love of Jesus could help me improve my off tanking skills. Now that I have Jesus in my heart I'm a better tank and a better person and I have Stik to thank for that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
As everyone on this server that’s had any sort of interaction with me knows I adore all things tentacle and Japanese. Stikman has shown me that Jesus can be just as entertaining as Japanese video games where young girls fight tentacle monsters. Soon, with His help, I’ll finally be able to give my heart fully to Jesus.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Stikman found me when I was at my lowest point, abandoned by everyone that I had loved and He offered me a home in His guild. He taught me The Way and about The Truth. I now feel like it’s my purpose in life to spread Stik’s love and guidance to all the lost members of society, even those in the lowest, most desolate places a human being could be found.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I have two alts in Catacylsm, and just through playing those characters and building my faith, I've already seen progress in curing my same-sex attractions. Thank you so much <Cataclysm>!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Take heed my brothers and sisters for their is a false prophet that walks amongst us and goes by the name Stikmoo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This is cool
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You guys make me smile. The lord be with you.
Reply Quote
8 Gnome Rogue
This thread is unbelievably offensive to my religious views. Christianity is not a laughing matter. When the day of reckoning comes, you guys will not be laughing. You'd be wishing that you haven't used our Lord's name in vain and for your own amusement. Let me clue you in on how the actual cataclysm will begin.
Before it actually starts, Gabriel will sound a horn that will shake this world. Its sounds so terrifying but yet clear enough for all the sinning neckbeards to yell out in terror in vent.
Because of their reclusiveness to the outside world, neckbeards have the pale complexion of a hairless albino donkey. As they step out in the light, they burn up instantly from the years of sunlight. As such are the first ones to die.
So be careful. If you have truly accepted the Lord in your life, he might just spare you from a tragic and pathetic demise.
may God have mercy on you all and as such bless you all

Edited by Kickapoo on 6/21/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Warrior
shut up mush
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
you are getting your bad shamans mixed up
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
I like cheese
Reply Quote
Wait, wasn't it the devout religious people who used to fondle little boys and then eventually start drinking that special "kool aid"... hmmmmm
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
trolled^

eZ
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
LF smart funny attractive partner for cyber and christian fellowship. Must spell.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Do I have to spell well?
Reply Quote
42 Blood Elf Hunter
Jesus does my lawns, does that count?

Everyone knows Satan is way more popular than this Jewish guy.

Sorry just too easy to troll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
^ bored necro poster at work
Edited by Bigsilly on 11/1/2012 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]