Realm Transfer + Faction Change = $$$

(Locked)

86 Human Priest
I was just wondering if it has ever been considered to consolidate the transfer/change services. As it stands now both a realm transfer and faction change are going to cost you a whopping $55. I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

With the Scroll of Resurrection being implemented so well it would only make sense for Blizzard to make it easier for friends to transfer to play with each other. I can (somehow) justify paying $20-$30 to go play with a friend on their PvP realm. I can't possibly make myself pay $50+...
100 Blood Elf Priest
Suggestions like this should go in the General Forums.
14 Blood Elf Priest
As it stands now both a realm transfer and faction change are going to cost you a whopping $55. I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

Many people would disagree. What is 'your' time worth to re-level a new toon under a different server and faction?

When they considered creating this service people stated that they were willing to pay much more!

05/31/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Kerigor
it would only make sense for Blizzard to make it easier for friends to transfer to play with each other.

Isn't that what it did though?

05/31/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Kerigor
I can (somehow) justify paying $20-$30 to go play with a friend on their PvP realm. I can't possibly make myself pay $50+...

Then your decision has been made. It's completely free to re-roll. Enjoy the new quest lines while levelling! They are a lot of fun!!
86 Human Priest
The representatives who staff this forum are dedicated to providing our players with the information and resources necessary to help ensure in-game experiences are as [EPIC] as possible. As part of this effort, visitors of this forum can expect to find a host of information pertaining to in-game and account issues, including (but not limited to):

Account Security and Compromise Recovery
    Account and Character Services
    Customer Service Interactions
    Notable Customer Service Policy Changes
Support Forum Agent
I was just wondering if it has ever been considered to consolidate the transfer/change services. As it stands now both a realm transfer and faction change are going to cost you a whopping $55. I'm sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

The following was posted not too long ago by one of our Community Managers on the subject.

These are premium services added to better accommodate the wants and needs of players. They do not factor into what you get for buying the game/expansions and paying monthly for access to the serers. By no means do you need any of these premium services to enjoy World of Warcraft gameplay to the fullest extent. Should you desire to take advantage of some extra services to enhance your enjoyment of the game though, they're certainly there for you... if you feel it's worth the price.

We've made countless quality-of-life improvements to the game in terms of content, UI, data storage, character profiles, etc. We've expanded upon what you get for your monthly subscription by leaps and bounds since the game was first released, but the subscription price has not changed.

Everything we do and every service we add costs more money than you might realize. So, if we do occasionally add some premium services which are purely to give you more options for enjoying the game how you want (changing your realm, faction, race, name, physical appearance, etc.), we need to make sure there is an appropriate value added to those services so we can sustain them, sustain our business, and keep focusing on making this the best game possible. :)

If you wish to provide additional feedback on the subject I'd urge you to post in the General Discussion forum so it can be reviewed by those who are able to make such changes.
14 Blood Elf Priest
05/31/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Maeby
Suggestions like this should go in the General Forums.
25 Night Elf Druid
The representatives who staff this forum are dedicated to providing our players with the information and resources necessary to help ensure in-game experiences are as [EPIC] as possible. As part of this effort, visitors of this forum can expect to find a host of information pertaining to in-game and account issues, including (but not limited to):

Account Security and Compromise Recovery
    Account and Character Services
    Customer Service Interactions
    Notable Customer Service Policy Changes

That's for clarification of policies.

Not feedback or suggestions

Edit: beat me by 11 seconds....with hooves even
Edited by Thunderwulf on 5/31/2012 1:01 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
INFORMATION pertaining to, is the key phrase there. They do not make policy here, nor do they change it. They can only give you information on how it works and what the policy currently is.

If you wish to see a policy change or something added you would need to post so that the Devs that do have the ability to change things can see it. For this subject it would be the General Forums.
36 Blood Elf Hunter
With the Scroll of Resurrection being implemented so well it would only make sense for Blizzard to make it easier for friends to transfer to play with each other. I can (somehow) justify paying $20-$30 to go play with a friend on their PvP realm. I can't possibly make myself pay $50+...

The SOR just brought your friend to you, or you to your friend.

Re-rolling is free.
86 Human Priest
Moved http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5621022765
Edited by Kerigor on 5/31/2012 1:08 PM PDT
18 Troll Priest
08/12/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Drugen
$55 is still BS no matter how you look at it, we pay 15 bucks a month to play this game and not to mention all the money we put into the expansions, you could at least throw us a bone or two and make the realm/faction change cheap, Blizzard has enough money and is just being greedy.

Blizzard is a for-profit company and you are asking about a luxury service that is not necessary in order to access the servers and play the game. If you have comments about that, you need to post in the General Forum. The Customer Support forum is for questions. Also, be mindful of the date on threads and try not to necro.
Edited by Christiê on 8/12/2012 12:05 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/12/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Drugen
$55 is still BS no matter how you look at it, we pay 15 bucks a month to play this game and not to mention all the money we put into the expansions, you could at least throw us a bone or two and make the realm/faction change cheap, Blizzard has enough money and is just being greedy.
If you don't like the price, it is absolutely free to reroll a character on the other server and faction. Nobody is forcing you to use the completely OPTIONAL paid service.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I hate people like you.
Not all of us voted in this whole paying 30 dollars for a faction change. We pay Blizzard monthly and buy their xpacs. I've recruited 2 people to WoW and brough back 3 with SoR. I think we should deserve some sort of discount, such as if we have paid one year of subscriptions we get a -5 dollars off of the change, or every friend we recruit we get 5 dollars off.

If anything, the faction change should be less then 20 dollars considering some servers are so terribly unbalanced, I'm sure a lot of people would love to transfer and help make the server. In my case, that's what I'd like to do. I would re roll but I feel as a valid customer I deserve some sort of discount.
And yet again...

08/12/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Flatspriest
If you don't like the price, it is absolutely free to reroll a character on the other server and faction. Nobody is forcing you to use the completely OPTIONAL paid service.
20 Dwarf Hunter
08/16/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Forsayke
I feel as a valid customer I deserve some sort of discount.

Entitlement much?

So, I have been playing since Vanilla and I feel I deserve to never pay again. See how that sounds? Kind of demanding, don't you think?

If you do not want to use this "optional" service then don't. If you want to see changes then post your suggestion in the appropriate forum.
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/16/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Whitworth
Realm transfers are free in Rift

Which is, and has been, struggling for subscribers.

08/16/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Whitworth
being a bit greedy.

They are a company, first and foremost - Of course a company is going to want to maximise profit.

Do you realise there is more to the charges than just charging for the sack of profit right?

Blizzard does not want players constantly jumping around realms. The fee is also there as a hinderance.

This is to help with population balance control.

Rift may offer free services, but can you honestly compare WoW and the playerbase size, to Rift? Honestly?
85 Tauren Druid
The price is set to get people to actually think before they jump realm or faction. Blizzard does not want people jumping constantly to the FotM realm or faction and unbalancing server populations even more than they are now.

If you feel that the price is too steep, then do not use the optional service. As mentioned, rerolling is free. With many things (like pets and mounts) going account-wide, most of those you've collected will go with your rerolled character, so you don't lose as much.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]