Maximizing DPS in 4.3?

90 Troll Hunter
From what I've read and heard SV is the way to go but its hard to find Recent / Relevant Data on the spec / Rotation so if anyone can help me out i'd greatly Appreciate it. Atm I am MM and i pull around 26-31k DPS Depending on fights Madness i do about 47-50k i'd like to be able to at least be on par with our Fire Mage thats doing a minimum of 40k dps per boss. Once again any info / links or tips is greatly Appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
With your gear, you should be able to pull ~38k or more on something like Ultraxion as SV. Not sure how much you should be doing as MM, but I bet it's also a lot more than you're doing now.

If you do decide to switch to SV (and you should), you should do the following:

-Drop as much Haste as you can and move it into Mastery. You're also reforging out of Crit on your helm, which you should never do.
-Basic priority for SV (assuming HM and Sting are up) is: Ex > BA > Arc > Cobra.
-Typical opener for SV is Ex->BA->Sting.
-When LnL procs, do Ex->Ex->Arc->Ex. If you're really low on focus, you'll have to use Cobra instead of Arc. If you're almost focus capped, or just used Ex right before LnL procced, do Ex->Arc->Ex->Ex.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488639769?page=1
Reply Quote
89 Orc Hunter
I open with Wheel Up, Wheel Down, button #2.

I then hit button #3 2-3 times for focus and if i have a lot of focus I hit button #4.

If LnL procs I hit button #2 twice, then either button #1 or botton #4 depending on focus.

I hit button #5 when in KS range.

if you have any questions hit button #7 to reach me at my extension: 911.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

-Typical opener for SV is Ex->BA->Sting.

dont do that..... besides hunter's mark which is a given always open with serpent sting first because of the Noxious Stings talent which increases all of our damage by 10% to whatever has serpent sting on it so i would go sting->ex->ba
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I was going to flame you but then I decided not to bother.

Here, have another thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488639769

I open with Wheel Up, Wheel Down, button #2.

I then hit button #3 2-3 times for focus and if i have a lot of focus I hit button #4.

If LnL procs I hit button #2 twice, then either button #1 or botton #4 depending on focus.

I hit button #5 when in KS range.

if you have any questions hit button #7 to reach me at my extension: 911.

I like this man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]