Server Shopping for MoP.

85 Human Paladin
TLDR; Two friends looking for a new (A)server with PvP and PvE options, but most importantly a good community that's familiar with it's players. (We are -not- looking for a server with a defined dominate faction)

Myself and a very close friend of mine are looking to transfer together to a new server. (Preferably PvP, but we're open mined to any server type)

The one we're currently on (Wyrmrest Accord) is a RP server, and since I don't RP the only reason I've remained on it on for long is because my circle of friends was located here.

While I did enjoy Wyrmrest's tight-knit community, because it is RP, the PvP and PvE community are honestly rather terrible. There isn't much opportunity left for us here to explore the game we'd really like to.

The people I knew on Wyrmrest faded when I transfered to Illidan to explore high end PvP, and I later realised it was having a great community that made this game fun for me. I came back to Wyrmrest for the few people that did remain on the server, but unfortunately that group of friends is now fading as well.

So that's why we find ourselves here. We're not looking for a insanely populated server like Illidan, Kel'thuzad, Darkspear, or any other server from the list of flooded servers.

We're looking for a nice, tight-knit community that also has a really great selection of exceptional players in both PvE and PvP. Although I'm not too much of a forum dweller, I've noticed active and friendly forums are a good sign.

I primarily enjoy PvP both for fun and competitively, but I do want options to all aspects of the game. Restating the main Idea, we want a great community with lots of options for the two of us.

Summarizing all that, does anybody have any suggestions for a new place that we could call home?

Although we are looking to play Alliance on this server, I think having a horde community to rival with is very important, and there should be a prideful but mutual feeling towards the other faction.

We don't want there to be a dominate faction.

Thanks.

(This is Copy and Pasted from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5575473034?page=1#0; Where I speak in general terms, I basicly am asking about Blackhand specificity. As you can see someone recommend it so I'm just moving the post over here to get an opinion from the realm itself)
Reply Quote
30 Blood Elf Priest
This server has been sort of on the quiet side for several weeks. Hardly anyone seems to be recruiting. My alliance toons went to Proudmoore. It's terrific. Lots of activity, lots of great guilds, lots of everything.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
How come people complain about the population on this server, only to then turn around and tell potential xfers to "look elsewhere"?

I would say Blackhand is maybe THE BEST SERVER POSSIBLE for you and your "very close friend".
(we are not the judging sort)

A potential 3rd to your 2 man sandwich - Cylord

P.S. I am very friendly and a good cuddler ;D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That type of policy only works for Douche pvpers. (Aka what tich is full of)

I am gonna double what my buddy Cy said and invite you try out blackhand.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Blackhand is dead, most people warn them so they wont waste $25 and then have to waste another $25 soon after to leave. Better off if transferring to go to a server that's actually decent. PvP wise, this server offers nothing, minus being able to do cross realm RBGs.

So anyone looking to transfer here should just go somewhere else. Especially for pvp, though the pve guilds here are pretty laughable as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Blackhand is dead, most people warn them so they wont waste $25 and then have to waste another $25 soon after to leave. Better off if transferring to go to a server that's actually decent. PvP wise, this server offers nothing, minus being able to do cross realm RBGs.

So anyone looking to transfer here should just go somewhere else. Especially for pvp, though the pve guilds here are pretty laughable as well.

Don't listen to people like this who are only out to demean and falsely bash servers. Blackhand is a good server with friendly guilds and a decent population.

I second the Stoich and Cy notion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Don't listen to people like this who are only out to demean and falsely bash servers. Blackhand is a good server with friendly guilds and a decent population.

I second the Stoich and Cy notion.

I'm not trying to bash Blackhand or anything, only telling him what is 100% true about this server. Either way, if/when he does transfer here he will see for himself. Arenas on this server are dead, only 1 team can even come close to being considered great/decent/above average.
If you RBG and already have a team, sure, as you can cross realm. Just don't come here looking, you wont find anything spectacular outside cross realm.

Pve is a few average 100 US guilds that clear post, post, post nerfed content and then some. But who really cares about pve? If you did, I doubt you'd be looking at this server of all places.

All in all you have a lot better choices in terms of servers and to better spend your $25 on.
Edited by Misspuddi on 6/4/2012 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As quoted from the OP, "TLDR; Two friends looking for a new (A)server with PvP and PvE options, but most importantly a good community that's familiar with it's players."
Misspuddi, you're entirely missing the most desirable characteristic the OP is searching for.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
As quoted from the OP, "TLDR; Two friends looking for a new (A)server with PvP and PvE options, but most importantly a good community that's familiar with it's players."
Misspuddi, you're entirely missing the most desirable characteristic the OP is searching for.

Correct, but his server lacks pve and pvp. So why would he consider coming to another server that lacks it as well?

We're looking for a nice, tight-knit community that also has a really great selection of exceptional players in both PvE and PvP.

^^This doesn't = Blackhand. I actually read everything he wrote, not sure if you did. Though I am left to assume you only read the TLDR.

EDIT:
I primarily enjoy PvP both for fun and competitively, but I do want options to all aspects of the game. Restating the main Idea, we want a great community with lots of options for the two of us.

I'll leave that one for you as well, since it's another thing this server doesn't offer.

So again, save yourself $25 of the $50 you'd end up spending upon coming to this server. I say $50 because you'd be spending another $25 a few weeks after arriving to leave it.
Edited by Misspuddi on 6/4/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Though I am left to assume you only read the TLDR.

assume

!@#/u/me

Good call; keep assuming.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
06/04/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Soundpusher
Though I am left to assume you only read the TLDR.

assume

!@#/u/me

Good call; keep assuming.

Guess when you've got nothing left to say, glad we got to talk again. Surprised you aren't still attempting to argue about what he's looking for, since you seemed to know so well.

I'm just being a nice guy and trying to help this dude save his money. Or at least use it to go to a better server. I really hope your main isn't here though, as I feel for you if it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I like blackhand, its not to packed and not so empty... ive been in servers with high population and the best PVP Around... trade is full of like 40 to 50 different spam bots promoting gold/pvp sells. My blackhand is peaceful and quiet kinda like my neighborhood, no one makes noise unless i make it. Everyone knows everyone on here pretty much if you ties lay within pvp you know everyone, if your ties lay with pve you know everyone and all the top guilds and its core members really, if your a casual player while you may not know anyone theres tons blackhand can offer including weekend GDKP Runs, and tons of pug pick up groups.

I dont tend to favor anyone in particular who has posted on this thread, but in all honesty (and i love pheex) listen to the players that actually play on the server but also take pheex's help in consideration if your looking for a small but cozy home with plenty to do and small tight knitt community i would say try us out :) but if you want a TOP server with all the best of everything and dont mind all the crap that comes along with it, then yes save your money and find yourself a different server to call a home.. for me? this is my home and i like it just the way it is.

While we arent gladiator level players and world first guilds and players we have fun in what we do, and i think thats what really counts.

here's some videos of us having a great time on our beloved blackhand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fRZfXyYso
Elwynn allstars vs Org pvp raid.

im sure theres other videos people can link of awesome guild pve boss kills, i dont remember the SERVER WIDE event hosted by Faded Dreams i believe it was that offered a big pvp and small RACE for amazing gold prizes stuff you dont see on other servers.
Edited by Mashedy on 6/4/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For hating this server, you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time on its forums.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
ALOT OF GOOD THINGS start with the letter b and hand FOR EXCAMPLE.... the worst BEST starts with the letter b... hand jobs start with Hand.... black is a now respected color... bitc.. well you get the drift. :)
Edited by Mashedy on 6/4/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
The alliance are like the evils in D3, they band together to talk !@#$ but then turn on each other when they can. Which if you read all of this thread it proves my point, stay tuned cause it will be proven even more soon. =)

Ow and sorry, to answer your question..No the alliance on this server are not the tight nit of ppl you wanna be around.
Edited by Blackfreid on 6/4/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
this guys obviously still hurt on our comments about his pvp video. if we turn on each other is simply bcuz the horde lack the intensity and sex appeal to keep us entertained!
Edited by Mashedy on 6/4/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Hurt? Its a video game*, not my life. I dont care for things like that, unlike some people who lose reality in a video game, but I waz jus stating the obvious cause my points have been proven right on the mark if you scroll up. He asked a question and I answered it, but pls keep talking you prove it more and more. Enjoy the game bud. <3
Edited by Blackfreid on 6/4/2012 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You are in Mexico, you have the Mexican mafia in your backyard shootin up erbody! But guess once you get used to it, it becomes just another noise like cars/trains, etc. J/K ILU

<3 Mashedy!

Still think you should come to Korgath =)

Everyone has his/her own likes/dislikes about a server. The only thing anyone can really say is to explore it a bit, make an alt, see for yourself how it is. I just tell people to stay away :P Most of the time it's the right choice.

For hating this server, you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time on its forums

You cant quote from anywhere that I've ever stated that I hate Blackhand. I used to play on it, when it was probably a million times better than it is now. I don't spend crazy amounts of time on it's forums, I have the tab open when playing wow. So I occasionally hit refresh and troll a bit.

The alliance are like the evils in D3, they band together to talk !@#$ but then turn on each other when they can. Which if you read all of this thread it proves my point, stay tuned cause it will be proven even more soon. =)

Ow and sorry, to answer your question..No the alliance on this server are not the tight nit of ppl you wanna be around.

I don't band together to trash talk anyone, I also don't turn on anyone. I little trolling and nudging here and there is fun and funny. If anyone takes stuff I say very seriously, then you need to relax. The only thing I do try to do is troll GS, the rest is just what it is, nothing.

his guys obviously still hurt on our comments about his pvp video. if we turn on each other is simply bcuz the horde lack the intensity and sex appeal to keep us entertained!
He secretly watches your videos at home in complete darkness, pants down, loving everything he sees. Wishing he could take you off to the side and get a "tip" or two..
Edited by Misspuddi on 6/4/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]