Infinite Dust-Enchanting

90 Human Mage
Hi, I was stupid enough to level without upping my professions so now im spendng alot of money to upgrade them.

On my servers AH, Infinite dust goes for 200g for only 10Infinite dust. I dont want to spend that much since I spent about 80% of my server gold on my tailoring/enchanting.

I was wondering, does anybody know a good instance/place to farm Infinite dust?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
farming drops for that sort of thing typically isnt very good. theres 2 things you can do to get a lot of wrath enchanting mats. 1 is get a JC to craft the shadowguard rings(theres another one similar to that but i forget what its called), they cost 1 eternal earth and 1 eternal shadow and the other one costs i think 2 earths. Or you can buy abyss crystals and have a higher level enchanter shatter them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hi, I was stupid enough to level without upping my professions so now im spendng alot of money to upgrade them.

On my servers AH, Infinite dust goes for 200g for only 10Infinite dust. I dont want to spend that much since I spent about 80% of my server gold on my tailoring/enchanting.

I was wondering, does anybody know a good instance/place to farm Infinite dust?

Stratholme, the one that drops the bronze drake, almost all the greens there disenchant into Infinite dust, i farmed about 6 stacks in a couple hours.
Edited by Zazam on 6/3/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/03/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Zachknight
farming drops for that sort of thing typically isnt very good. theres 2 things you can do to get a lot of wrath enchanting mats. 1 is get a JC to craft the shadowguard rings(theres another one similar to that but i forget what its called), they cost 1 eternal earth and 1 eternal shadow and the other one costs i think 2 earths. Or you can buy abyss crystals and have a higher level enchanter shatter them.

Ill try that, my shammy is maxed JC.I hope it works :)
If it doesnt, Ill try stratholme
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
06/03/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Jshadows

Ill try that, my shammy is maxed JC.I hope it works :)
If it doesnt, Ill try stratholme

i have banks worth of the dust and you will get rich selling it. but he has the pattern / mats wrong....right idea.

you make the rings and necks that cost one gem (not shadow or jade) and 2 crystallized earth. so - with one eternal earth and 5 rocks - you make 5 rings.

search the AH for bloostone, chalcedony, sun crystal, or huge citrine. purchase all listed at 3g or below. search AH for eternal / crystallized earth..... i wouldnt pay more than 7g per, but it might be worth it for you to this time around.

that should do the trick. if not, mine wintergrasp for an hour and you will have the mats again.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Buy it off the auction house, turn it into scrolls that sell for a profit, and sell those scrolls for a profit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You are a tailor - make 80-85 greens and DE them - farming cloth is a joke these days. TB dailies gives me 2-3 stacks plus from fishing crates even more. No issues leveling enchanting for my toons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
06/05/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Oneshotted
You are a tailor - make 80-85 greens and DE them - farming cloth is a joke these days. TB dailies gives me 2-3 stacks plus from fishing crates even more. No issues leveling enchanting for my toons.

Frostweave farming is a pain

it is easy on a tailor, impossible on a non tailor.
tailor goes to ice crown and kills those packs of 7. i forget what they are called.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Farming your own mats is a waste of time. Hence the flaw with cloth scavenging. When trying to make a profit, you should be able to buy everything off of the AH and sell the item for more than it cost to make, otherwise you shouldn't make it. Same for skill-ups, though the value is in the skill-up, and the goal is to reduce the cost.

Best source of enchanting mats post-BC era is jewelcrafting. If you don't have one, level a DK to 65 and you can cap your JC skill at 450.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Go do Northrend Loremaster and DE all the quest rewards you get. <3

I've been making a killing off infinite dust on my AH doing the same.
Edited by Ambaire on 6/6/2012 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Rogue
Ok this is updated as of 5.4.x and has been this way a while, and since it still works, here is my secret. I have Tailoring and Enchanting. Go to Northrend, pick up your Northrend Scavenging Perk quest of course from any Grand Master Tailor in Northrend.
Once you have that, if your geared and atleast lvl 80+ (higher the better), head to Ice Crown. You want to go to the Cathedral of Darkness, which is the building South of Corp'Rethar on the Map. One room with about 75 humanoids sit at tables, gather them all up and pounce them all at once. I loot about 30 frostweave per pull, then I craft FROSTWOVEN items (tailoring) with that to lvl up my tailoring then disenchant them down.
By the time you did this, eh about 30 seconds the mob is back. So I get about 6 stacks of frostweave cloth every few mins, and that gives me tons of dust after I D/E them.
Bonus: Greens fall from them to that I just D/E.
In about an hour your overloaded with all the mats and cloth that your going to find your self rich in the AH too. Bring a Travel Mammoth with you to vendor your junk, and have all the thread you need for clothing. Its the easiest farming in WOW cuz you only fight in one tiny room, and you can walk out the door and vendor and what ever you need.
Reply Quote
The Cathedral's always got someone cleaning it out when I'm in there.

If you can down Noth-25, the hall in Plaguequarter between him and Heigan is pretty easily cleared out for lots of frostweave and a few greens before running out to reset it to 10 man. Hold on to the purples until you learn the shatter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Go run the ICC 5-mans, they will drop plenty of disenchantables and cloth and it's less than 60 seconds flying time from Dalaran. That's what I do when I want to make frostweave bags for my alts.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Faceroll any Wrath raid, at whatever difficulty you can roflstomp without having to be careful. Disenchant everything, Abyssal Shatter everything. It's easier to do than necroing old threads. Sell the cloth, that's still a major hurdle in leveling tailoring.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 3/14/2014 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]