Blizzard purposely killing servers?

90 Human Mage
***It appears this thread has generated a good bit of response. If you have something you'd like to rage to me about, please look at earlier posts to see if I answer your question there***

Darkspear, not only a high end PvP realm but also quite a good PvE realm is now considered to be a "New player" server, even though our population was previously high.

With that being said, and the servers constant yet slow decline over the past few months, I feel as though darkspear will now die. The population will increase, the higher end players will transfer to better servers, and new players will be there to fill their spots. Once they l2p, they will too leave look for a better server to play on, leaving darkspear either full of unexperienced players, or completely desolate assuming most transfer off.

Please keep in mind that this thread is not about me disliking noobs. They're present on the server. I help them. A lot. However, I dont want more lag, spam, and such a massive amount of them to where the more experienced players start leaving.

This sort of thing has happened to previous servers that I've played on, and I dont want it to happen to another great server like darkspear.

Please, tell me this is a bug or I'm unsubbing.

Edit:

Also, might I add that Im not looking for arguements or negative comments along the lines of "Youre unsubbing and nobody cares." I'm simply trying to raise awareness about the situation at hand and how there is

NO NEED

For population increase and skillzone merging on darkspear. Theres no need for more lag in elywnn forest, no need for making it harder to fill raids and pvp groups, etc.

If we were a low pop server, I would have no problem with it.

However, that is DEFINITELY not the case here.
Edited by Coltron on 5/29/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
People complain when their realm population declines, and now complain when Blizzard encourages new players to roll on those realms to build their population back up?

LOL

You think a high pop server needs their population built back up?

You haven't a damn clue as to what you're even saying.

EDIT: And also, the only noticeable decline in population has been a drop in glads filled in by 1500 players. The fact that blizzard is now pushing that even further angers me. I understand that I picked the server and I get what is thrown at me, but that doesn't mean I can't complain about bad business aswell as the awful arguements people like you throw at me.
Edited by Coltron on 5/29/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
How exactly is Blizzard purposely killing your server? you make the claim but you don't back it up with anything.
Reply Quote
15 Troll Shaman
Does marking them as new players really help?

I remember when I first started playing WoW I always wanted to play on a high/full pop server.. just because I liked high activity, and nothing could be more lonely then playing on a low pop server in an MMORPG..

I actually stayed -away- from servers marked new players/low pop.. Just sayin'
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/29/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Luffi
How exactly is Blizzard purposely killing your server? you make the claim but you don't back it up with anything.

Do you really think high end raiders and PvP'ers really want to mix in with unexperienced players, simply making it harder to fill raids, arena teams, and rbgs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Does marking them as new players really help?

I remember when I first started playing WoW I always wanted to play on a high/full pop server.. just because I liked high activity, and nothing could be more lonely then playing on a low pop server in an MMORPG..

I actually stayed -away- from servers marked new players/low pop.. Just sayin'

You're one of the few my friend. If the "New player" mechanic didn't work, it wouldn't be in the game.

also, I like your logic ^-^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Do you really think that your server will survive by never getting any new blood?
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
They changed a bunch of servers overnight to New Player. There's no rhyme or reason to it - high and low pops both got hit with the label.

Warsong has been listed as Full for a couple weeks now. It's about as low as you can go lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/29/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Coltron

Do you really think high end raiders and PvP'ers really want to mix in with unexperienced players, simply making it harder to fill raids, arena teams, and rbgs?

Rather new players than no players. Anyways, I hardly see how it is killing your realm. It's not like people will transfer off.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Death Knight
Darkspear, not only a high end PvP realm but also quite a good PvE realm is now considered to be a "New player" server, even though our population was previously high.

With that being said, and the servers constant yet slow decline over the past few months, I feel as though darkspear will now die.

So, it was previously high population and them tagging it as "Needs New Players" will kill it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

With that being said, and the servers constant yet slow decline over the past few months, I feel as though darkspear will now die.

So, it was previously high population and them tagging it as "Needs New Players" will kill it?

I guarentee it will kill the PvP aspect of it. Judging by your rating, you would not have such experience.

Simply put, if you can't find more and more teams of your skill level on a server, you either quit or transfer off as a dedicated PvP'er.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/29/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Imperviable

Rather new players than no players. Anyways, I hardly see how it is killing your realm. It's not like people will transfer off.

I GUARENTEE you that, since the addition of new players will make it harder and harder to find an arena team, that it will definitely harm the PvP community on the server. Nobody likes playing with 1500 players, and the more spam, lag, and miscommunications regarding rating it will bring can only harm darkspear.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Death Knight

I guarentee it will kill the PvP aspect of it. Judging by your rating, you would not have such experience.

Simply put, if you can't find more and more teams of your skill level on a server, you either quit or transfer off as a dedicated PvP'er.

Ah. You're one of them. When you leave, can I have your stuff?
Reply Quote
97 Orc Rogue

Or you could help those players learn the game. You might even make a few new online friends in the process.

I hate to break it to you, but your attitude ("I must only play with experienced players ever") is far more likely to cause your server problems in the long run than any silly label on the server select screen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
05/29/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Melisaran
Some new players actually learn to become good players, especially when friendly experienced players point them in the right direction early on. When I say "friendly" I'm obviously not refering to you specifically.

Exactly. My point is that they don't belong on a server full of glads and higher end PvP'ers. They're not helpful. The only help they give you is piloting/carrying you to 2800+ for illegitimate gold/ real world money.

I definitely feel you on this one, but darkspear is not the server meant for this :)
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Death Knight
Looking over previous posts you've made on the forums, you seem to be the high and mighty elitist PvP type. You look down upon those of lesser rating and call people who disagree with you stupid. I do not think the WoW community will miss you if you unsub.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]