The Future of PvP in Mists of Pandaria

90 Troll Hunter
06/05/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Zanatre

Who is forcing you to pvp?

No one is forcing me to pvp. I said that I enjoy a good fight, and some of them have been off the wall. I am simply concerned that there are people on my server who don't want to pvp, they are losing ways to avoid it, and the only response anyone seems willing to give is: leave. There have to be other options, and I suggested one. Are there any others?

Another good point. Why should players have to spend $25 a character to play the game the way they want to enjoy it. Or, for that matter, have to start from the very beginning on a new realm.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
@Zanatre:

. There have to be other options, and I suggested one. Are there any others?

Join/create a guild called "Lost PvE Lovers" and quest/farm/etc. in groups.
Edited by Daegog on 6/5/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The better question is why did you roll there if you didn't enjoy PvP?

WoW was my first MMO so I had no idea. If I had to do it over again I would have jumped on Illidan as was my first instinct.

was my first mmo also, but I have paid to change servers 3 times since then for various reasons. I'm not rolling in money, but $25 is not alot these days, i spend more than that for coffee during one week.

I don't like to get camped, but I do enjoy briefly camping someone who attacks me first. And I usually /thank them for the effort and if they whisper me afterwards I try to be as friendly as they are, cause it is part of the pvp server experience. Ive made friends with people who tried to gank me., if i had the gold i would put a bounty on my head to make the game interesting.

Unfortunately for me I'm pretty bound to Feathermoon. I met my wife there and there is no way in hell she'd ever transfer to a PvP server. I might roll a new character on one of the newer pvp servers come MoP though.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Death Knight
As long as there will be no more BoA's in pvp or battlegrounds i will be happy. I am sick and tired of getting wrecked by people with full BoA gear. At least make it so if you have BoA's you go into separate BG's with only people who have BoA's also.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/05/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Shredow
Then transfer. I don't always want to participate in world PvP either. You know what i did? I went to a non-pvp realm. Turns out i haven't had a case of world pvp when i haven't been flagged.

I don't want to be forced to pay more money and lose all those friends just to opt out of new additions to PvP that did not exist when I decided to make this my home realm. That really isn't a solution.

06/05/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Streetzahead
to all those on pvp servers complaing about changes, go transfer to pve, seriously. PVP WILL HAPPEN WHETHER OR NOT U LIKE OR NOT.

Sure but if what I hear is true then there will PvP enabled at quest hubs, which did not exist before and frankly shouldn't exist at all. I still want to quest and do dailies (you know, PvE, the main portion of the game) without being endlessly camped by about 8 horde.

And once again, since these are new changes to what we are currently doing, why don't they simply make new realms with these types of PvP changes and force the players that want to participate in them to pay money instead of forcing players that do not want to participate in them to pay money just to opt out of something that would have before caused them to not choose a PvP realm.
Edited by Spinnerdh on 6/5/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
By the way, the screenshots of the new arena and battlegrounds look sexy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Are we gonna have 2 BG for call to arms. I think its already a lot of bg to wait for you favorite call to arms bg
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
06/05/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Quindion
As long as there will be no more BoA's in pvp or battlegrounds i will be happy. I am sick and tired of getting wrecked by people with full BoA gear. At least make it so if you have BoA's you go into separate BG's with only people who have BoA's also.

I will agree that there are TONS of people who spend lots of time and gold to "twink" their low level toons to do massive damage/healing in bgs and such. Not everyone has the ability to, or wants to, make their level 18 toon extremely overpowered. Like right now for example, a level 14 hunter with full boa gear, enchants and the best greens/blue gear available who has most likely spent hours getting that toon to such a point owns the entire bg because everyone else either does not have access to such equipment or did not want to put such effort into it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/05/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Luxxinterior
I met my wife there and there is no way in hell she'd ever transfer to a PvP server.

Only real question is how much do you love her? I think a good attorney can use the inconsolable difference in wow case work.

Thank god she doesn't read the general forums.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
One of the major flaws and complaints about cata was that sometimes you were forced to participate in PvE to be competitive in PvP, ie: trinkets, hunter tier 13, etc.

Now we see the double standard that they want to impose PvP onto players that simply want to get to level cap in the first place, farm dailies for PvE gear and other misc. PvE things. You could say that that already existed, but the fact that they will make it a nightmare to level an alt, added dismounting items and make quest hubs PvP zones, it's going to be either not different at all from it is now (if no enemy players are there) or you will be camped and have your current game goals pretty much ruined at least for the time being. I do not want to be forced into PvP just to level my toons, and that is exactly what it sounds like they are trying to force into the game.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
06/05/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
And once again, since these are new changes to what we are currently doing, why don't they simply make new realms with these types of PvP changes and force the players that want to participate in them to pay money instead of forcing players that do not want to participate in them to pay money just to opt out of something that would have before caused them to not choose a PvP realm.

Exactly. Why should someone who does not want to partake in the new changes have to pay $25 a character to opt out of those changes. Either give people free realm changes for the first few weeks of the expansion so people, like myself, who have 10 characters don't have to pay that $250 to move all of their toons to a new realm or make new servers that only have said changes. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend on a game, let alone such a idiotic reason at that.
Edited by Gotokes on 6/5/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight
The simple truth is that World PvP is healthy for a server. its good for the society on both and alliance. By all aspects you move from the eye of "LOOKS ITS RED!" to "Look its WHATSHISNAME." The Guard spawn as we all know essentially killed world pvp.

Blue flagging should be the only thing i have to worry about on my server. Not some smart !@# mage blinking next to the flight master or a random shop keeper that spawns 2-3 guards at a time. Its not the guards themselves that I have a problem with its the spawn time. When 3 people out causing some mischief are overwhelmed in a matter of seconds by one person and 30 guards there's a problem. Feathermoon used to have such a rich RPPVP history I mean with Guild Rivalries that dated back to Launch. Now they've dwindled. Defense groups all but disappeared because people stopped attacking.

Battle grounds get old because honestly if i wanted to fight a boss or worry about a mechanical mob I'd have que for a dungeon. What it seems most people are missing is that sometimes you don't always want to pvp. Well on non pvp servers you have the option of not flagging. But when you want a fight and you don't feel like dealing with idiots and mechanics you have to go pick a fight.

Saddest comment said over vent/mumble:

"Well guys there's just too many guards lets get out of here." Not 'Well guys they beat us back, or they've overwhelmed us."
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Being able to see the opposing team's comp before you start the arena?

Hell yes
Reply Quote

You lack reading comprehension don't you? At what point in that statement did I say anything about wiping towns? The fact of the matter is people that want to grief will still grief regardless of the OP guards. The change only hurt people who legitimately enjoyed world pvp.

In my seven years of playing this game and being active in the world pvp enviroment I've not once ran into a situation I was involved in that a GM stepped it. I've never heard of anything like that either. Even in cases where a team of douches held Bloodhoof for two hours.

Want to experience world PVP? Go to a PVP server. Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

They're giving feedback, you don't need to respond to every single post telling them how wrong they are.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
FTA:

Well, the best answer to that is that we’re very deliberately trying to get people back out into the world

If you are, Mr. Chillton, you've done a terrible job of it. Removing Have Group, Will Travel won't do anything to increase world populations, and if anything will actually lessen how often people are willing to leave the Auction House/Trade chat. The introduction of cross-realm realms is also going to dissuade people from going out into the world because PvP and dungeons will become the path of least resistance since you're not competing with 10+ other realms for quest mobs, resource nodes, or quest items.

World bosses, while a nice idea, won't impact anything either because of how long their respawn is vs how worthwhile their drops are (that is to say not very unless you're a tailor or JC) and dailies get boring after the third week of doing them. Without head enchants or shoulder enchants being the carrot, rep grinds become pointless for everyone short of vanity item hunters. Doubly so with the hyperrestrictive vendor filter you've put into place making it so that people can't see what might be available for alts (if anything, since dungeon gear far outstripes vendor gear). That you can no longer choose what quest rewards you earn also removes the incentive to quest since you can no longer get transmog items or extra gold from them, and the story on Beta has been as laughable as it has been in Cata so that won't be a draw either (Prince "lol, they kidnapped me and abused me, lets team up with them like nothing happened, lol" coming immediately to mind here).

If getting people out into the world is your goal then you need to stop taking away options, start giving them back, and make the world a compelling place to be for the numerous reasons that people have to play the game. Nothing you've done or implemented in the beta so far even comes close to addressing the things that lead to people camping in a main city, and nothing announced shows any promise either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
06/05/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Quindion

You understand there were twinks BEFORE BoA's came out right? Many of the twinks back then were worse than they are now....

BoA's in my opinion leveled the playing field somewhat, they're easy to get so more people stand a chance. If they were removed, the only people who would dominate low level bg's would be those with tons of gold and the time to farm the overpowered gear.
Edited by Johall on 6/5/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
06/05/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Norlash
The Guard spawn as we all know essentially killed world pvp.

The only thing guards did was make it so that a single max level character can't single handedly lock down a quest hub to grief lower level players. None of the guards in the game world hit hard, and even the ones that do are designed that way to keep griefers from doing what they used to do in WG after they lost the fight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]