What's the current pvp spec for hunter?

85 Human Warrior
Is it BM, MM, or SV?

Also what is the top dps spec currently (pve)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Holy.

Feral.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Riiiiiight
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Survival and Survival.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Current PvP spec is MM. Don't let any of any of these kiddies try and sway you to SV/BM if you're looking for best performance.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
dude you get a silence with marks
what more could you want?
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Warrior
MM for PVP. SV for PVE.

Don't let any of the bads tell you otherwise.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
MM for PVP. SV for PVE.

If you ask a question like that you'll get three different answers....there is no best spec...it's just an opinion. The best spec for PVP is what you like playing the most and what you're personally best at.

I've played all 3 specs and while I like Marks...BM is my main. I like the extra perks with the Exotic pets...and the burst. MM has a leg up on BM for CC but I have more fun with BM.

I don't PVE so I'm not going to comment on that.

So...are you playing to have fun or follow the other "experts"? Which spec do you prefer btw OP?
Edited by Prisonersix on 6/2/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Subtley/Subtley
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
MM for PVP. SV for PVE.

If you ask a question like that you'll get three different answers....there is no best spec...it's just an opinion. The best spec for PVP is what you like playing the most and what you're personally best at.

I've played all 3 specs and while I like Marks...BM is my main. I like the extra perks with the Exotic pets...and the burst. MM has a leg up on BM for CC but I have more fun with BM.

So...are you playing to have fun or follow the other "experts"? Which spec do you prefer btw OP?

The best spec is the spec with the best performance. Specs of similar roles in this game are NOT created equal.

If your goal is to have fun, fine play whatever spec you want. If entering arena and winning 1 of 9 total games is fun for you, have a blast brochacho. You can play 7 specs for all I care, but if you're not any good at this game, then playing all specs incorrectly doesn't yield you any experience on the matter. I can say I made 300 chairs as a carpenter. However if they're all lopsided and retarded looking, it doesn't mean I should be giving advice on how to make chairs.

However this thread is not titled "what spec is the most funsies?!?! ~*~*~*~ ponies n stuffz." It is not titled "What spec do you think I'd enjoy the mostestest?!?! ~*~*~*~"

It is titled "What's the current PvP spec for hunter?" meaning he's looking for the top performing spec in PvP since in hunter history there is always 1 spec on top and 2 very far away.

The correct answer is MM.

Just out of curiosity are you from Gilneas server Prisonersix? Male bloodelf?
Edited by Phaelle on 6/2/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

The best spec is the spec with the best performance. Specs of similar roles in this game are NOT created equal.

If your goal is to have fun, fine play whatever spec you want. If entering arena and winning 1 of 9 total games is fun for you, have a blast brochacho. You can play 7 specs for all I care, but if you're not any good at this game, then playing all specs incorrectly doesn't yield you any experience on the matter. I can say I made 300 chairs as a carpenter. However if they're all lopsided and retarded looking, it doesn't mean I should be giving advice on how to make chairs.

However this thread is not titled "what spec is the most funsies?!?! ~*~*~*~ ponies n stuffz." It is not titled "What spec do you think I'd enjoy the mostestest?!?! ~*~*~*~"

It is titled "What's the current PvP spec for hunter?" meaning he's looking for the top performing spec in PvP since in hunter history there is always 1 spec on top and 2 very far away.

The correct answer is MM.

Just out of curiosity are you from Gilneas server Prisonersix? Male bloodelf?

In your opinion oh all-knowing and all powerful Phailelle. Just because you say MM is the best don't make it so. I know players from all 3 specs who excel in PVP and I hate arrogant little gnomes like you who attack people for their opinions.

And - if you're not playing Wow to have fun - you live a sad little life.

Btw..I'm from AM and I'm an Orc - or can't you read?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you are looking for pvp in "bg" I will recomend you BM since it's simple and fun but, it also depend of how you do pvp, I am used in bg to stay out of the fight and do a lot of cc instead of atacking (even hide) and just let my pet do the job or spaming AS after BW and KC, but this is only aplicable in "bg" NOT in rbg or arenas, but it is fun and you finish the bg with a lot of kill shots and damage done.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Prisonersix
I know players from all 3 specs who excel in PVP

This is what people are saying. If you want to play at 2.2k+ you basically have to play MM. BM can do it, survival really cant. MM can get 2400+... BM really cant. People are telling you what is best. Being good at survival, yeh, you might do good damage in BGs and maybe get 1800 in 2s or something but it is always going to be surpassed by MM.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
all-knowing and all powerful Phaelle.

I corrected your spelling on my name, but yes this is correct.

Just because you say MM is the best don't make it so.

You're right. However the fact that it IS the best, is the reason it is. I'm simply the factual information to you that it is the best.

Please link their armories so we can see what exactly your definition of "excel" is. If it is anything near what you do, then we can all go lolololol. There's only 2 BM hunters in the world who truly "excel" and that's sudar and Garxz. One of these switches to MM constantly, and the other is just an ungodly hunter who could hit Gladiator completely specless, and even he admits MM is still the best.

I hate arrogant little gnomes like you who attack people for their opinions.

The reason you are wrong is because there is no opinion to be had. It's simply a fact that MM is currently the best. Saying a Fisher-Price Big Wheel™ is cooler than a fully functional new Corvette is an opinion. Saying a Fisher-Price Big Wheel™ is faster than a fully functional brand new Corvette is not an opinion, it is simply wrong. Also I love all of you. Including you prissyonersex (I can butcher names too, but I mean this in the most lovingest, and nurturing way possible).

MM outperforms all the other specs. To say otherwise isn't an opinion, it is just being wrong. To like a different one is an opinion, but MM is still currently king.

I have lots of fun on WoW. But I, unlike you, am not one-dimensional. I can play every single spec of every single toon I have and enjoy it. Therefore I have tons of fun switching to whichever spec performs the best, and winning more often further compounding my enjoyment of the entire class. If BM was the best (and it isn't), I would be playing BM and still having amazing fun. Don't hate me because I'm simply good at whatever I do, and just because you aren't good at anything relating to this game that everyone should take your advice and also be terrible.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-disclaimers-and-faq-part-1

In case you weren't aware there does exist the opportunity to transfer existing characters to other realms, as well as the ability to change Appearance, Gender, Race, and Faction. If you're going to try to give advice on the forums, it would probably be best if you either took 46 seconds to figure out wtf you're talking about, or leave it to those of us who actually do know what we're talking about.

You're welcome.
Edited by Phaelle on 6/2/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
06/02/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Phaelle
all-knowing and all powerful Phaelle.

I corrected your spelling on my name, but yes this is correct.

Just because you say MM is the best don't make it so.

You're right. However the fact that it IS the best, is the reason it is. I'm simply the factual information to you that it is the best.

Please link their armories so we can see what exactly your definition of "excel" is. If it is anything near what you do, then we can all go lolololol. There's only 2 BM hunters in the world who truly "excel" and that's sudar and Garxz. One of these switches to MM constantly, and the other is just an ungodly hunter who could hit Gladiator completely specless, and even he admits MM is still the best.

I hate arrogant little gnomes like you who attack people for their opinions.

The reason you are wrong is because there is no opinion to be had. It's simply a fact that MM is currently the best. Saying a Fisher-Price Big Wheel™ is cooler than a fully functional new Corvette is an opinion. Saying a Fisher-Price Big Wheel™ is faster than a fully functional brand new Corvette is not an opinion, it is simply wrong. Also I love all of you. Including you prissyonersex (I can butcher names too, but I mean this in the most lovingest, and nurturing way possible).

MM outperforms all the other specs. To say otherwise isn't an opinion, it is just being wrong. To like a different one is an opinion, but MM is still currently king.

I have lots of fun on WoW. But I, unlike you, am not one-dimensional. I can play every single spec of every single toon I have and enjoy it. Therefore I have tons of fun switching to whichever spec performs the best, and winning more often further compounding my enjoyment of the entire class. If BM was the best (and it isn't), I would be playing BM and still having amazing fun. Don't hate me because I'm simply good at whatever I do, and just because you aren't good at anything relating to this game that everyone should take your advice and also be terrible.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-disclaimers-and-faq-part-1

In case you weren't aware there does exist the opportunity to transfer existing characters to other realms, as well as the ability to change Appearance, Gender, Race, and Faction. If you're going to try to give advice on the forums, it would probably be best if you either took 46 seconds to figure out wtf you're talking about, or leave it to those of us who actually do know what we're talking about.

You're welcome.

Like I said - arrogant little gnome. You may find this hard to believe - but there are players that don't strive to be a "Gladiator" in Wow - I couldn't give a rats !@#. I like playing BM and don't care if all the so-called Wow experts proclaim that MM is the ONLY spec you can play if you want to make it to the top.

I think you need to lay off the Red Bull or whatever crap you're taking and realize that other people have their own minds and can choose what THEY want to play.

Also - most of those hunters that you reference that "made it to the top" were CARRIED by other players and just so happen to have drunk the MM Koolaid.

So...you keep on playing Wow to define your self-worth in life and I'll just play to have fun :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
while we're overjoyed happy you like BM, the OP asked what the best pvp spec was,

not what spec was your favorite prisonersix
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
/popcorn

What upsets us most about others are generally those things we most hate about ourselves
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]