WoW Almanac

90 Night Elf Priest
Greetings noodleheads!

I've been working on a little WoW site for a while now, tapping into blizzard's API. I'm only really working on it with freetime I have, which lately with work and Diablo 3 is almost no time at all.

So instead of waiting to 'release' the site until I have implemented all the features, I'm going to release what I have now and tag it BETA, and add new features as I get time down the road. Why not right?

I'm only collecting data for 3 realms right now, and noodle is one of them. So you're my beta users!

NOTE: I am not a pro web developer, the site kind of looks crappy, but that will be fixed down the road. I'm more of a back end data developer, so front end design is something I suck at.

My site is http://www.wowalmanac.com/, and there are two features right now:

1. Realm Stats
This feature will be expanded a ton down the road, but for right now I cover some basic things: Top achievement points by character, top achievement points by guild, top pet collectors, top mount collectors.

In the future, I plan to add more categories, such as a list of people with the Insane title, or super rare mounts, as well as PvP stats.

I also plan on creating an image that will show your current rank on the realm for whatever category, so it can be used in forum signatures and whatnot. (For example, #1 on realm for achievement points). After all, you should be able to brag about it right?

2. Job Finder
This is kind of a stupid name, but I couldn't think of anything else. Basically this will let you find who on the realm can craft a specific item. For example, lets say I want to find someone on Perenolde - alliance side that can craft Endless Dream Walkers. I would enter that into the search, and would be directed here, http://www.wowalmanac.com/jobfinder/us/Perenolde/alliance/Endless%20Dream%20Walkers/

The Job Finder section needs a lot of work, but basic functionality is working now.

3. (Future release). I'm collecting auction house data too, the undermine journal (https://theunderminejournal.com/) already does an amazing job at this, so I may not want to re-invent the wheel. If I can think of anything I can create that the undermine journal doesn't do, then I'll work on that too.

I started collecting this data because I was curious about how rare a specific mount was, stuff like that. But then I realized this data may be found interesting by other people also.

Let me know what you think, if it sucks, something is broken, ideas for new features or pieces of data to present, anything. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

- Rukiak
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hi bloop, can I have some gold in d3?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
No but you need to get back on so we can do more gobos
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
make a section that's "number 1 dwarf" and put me in it

But seriously, looks really nice so far, font could maybe stand to be a bit more readable.

06/05/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Xyq
No but you need to get back on so we can do more gobos

i love how diablo 3 starts out as a pretty fun action game then turns right into gear farming
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
pretty cool idea, especially with a new xpac coming out soon, crafting will be top tier for the short while, you can count on my blacksmithing to be up there!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]