Quest BUG - "To The Rescue"

85 Orc Death Knight
The HORDE quest: "To the Rescue" located in Ashenvale; seems to be bugged far worse than it used to be.

You used to be able to initiate the quest then half way Brutusk (the kodo) would get stuck and you wouldn't be able to continue, to fix that all you had to do was /reload.

Unfortunately now when I try to complete this quest I can't even mount Brutusk, says hes "watering the bushes" or something like that.

Is this going to get fixed? Currently TRYING to get Loremaster but this is preventing me.
Reply Quote
19 Worgen Rogue
There are multiple threads regarding this issue, and a few of them have posted workarounds.

You may be unable to get the quests achievement for Ashenvale if you do not complete To the Rescue!. It is a direct prerequisite to several quests, and an indirect prerequisite to others.

From what I've heard, if Brutusk is watering the bushes, you need to wait. If possible, you can also log on as soon as maintenance/rolling realm restarts completes on Tuesday, and try doing the quest then. I've heard a theory saying that if Brutusk is watering the bushes, it implies that another player has already started the quest but has not completed it.

I recommend digging around these forums a bit for some information and workarounds. I've leveled several toons recently, and I've never had a problem with this quest. I do wish I could help you more, but not having experienced this myself, I'm at a loss.

Here are some recent threads on the issue:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149538115
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127123523
Reply Quote
25 Orc Hunter
DRIVING ME MAD
Reply Quote
23 Orc Warrior
This is ridiculous. I can't even complete it. Its driving me nuts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yup, it's still not working and I have 2 toons that need this. Why isn't this fixed yet?
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Warrior
I am having he same issue. I don't have any other quests available until I can get this completed.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Mage
Yeah definitely not working on Kil jaeden
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
its not working for me to! i am soo mad!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This quest really ticked me off! I finally made it...as soon as I got hung up on the path I logged out, logged back in, spoke with Kadrak again to start the quest. It finally completed the quest. It may take a couple of tries at this but it finally worked for me.
Reply Quote
32 Goblin Mage
Yup it says he "watering the bushes" LOL but its not coming back and let me do it what do i do? im a little annoyed..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Logged in an out 10 times. No dice. Stupid lizard beast is still watering the bushes.
Reply Quote
54 Tauren Paladin
Holyskizz is getting upset!

Edit: I was finally able to get the kodo to stop taking a leak by killing the questgiver and the kodo with my ally character, but then I got stuck at the first roadblock and had to abandon the quest and relog. After that I picked it up again and was able to finish it.

I love how this is a low level quest too. A good way to get new players acquainted with the game.
Edited by Holyskizz on 8/7/2012 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I too had problems with this quest, i was 40 / 62 quests completed to get the ashenvale achievement. I had to log onto an alliance toon as well and kill the quest giver Kalrak as well as the kodo Brutusk die then log back into my mage to get the kodo to stop "Watering The Bushes"! This work around is possible.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
need help with that bug guys
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same the bug is still out there and I guess they dont wanna fix it GRRRR!!!
Reply Quote
Just had the mission, and it bugged. Tried logging and that didn't work. I abandoned the mission and tried something I read on wowhead - accept the mission, take off all equipment & weapons, and then talk to Kalrak to get on Brutusk, That worked, and the mission went through to completion.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
25 Troll Warlock
I'm stuck at the part where the lady rides back with you and dies. I talked to Kadrak to complete that quest but when you have to go back and talk to him to do the next part he keeps telling me that Brutusk is out watering. Been like that for about an hour. Am i missing something?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Omg this is so frustrating!!! Trying to get my Loremaster achievement but cant get any quest from ashenvale because of this bug...
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Priest
got stuck twice and then I removed all armor and weapons and it worked.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Warrior
I removed all the armor on my orc but when i clicked on Kadrak all it says is "Work complete!" and won't let me lick the continue button... Help??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]