Transferring character to another account

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I stopped playing WOW for a while and let my subscription expire. My wife wasn't playing on her account but she had the annual pass so I started a character on her account.

Now, she would like to come back to the game and I want to move this new character to my account after I re-up.

We read this page http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-restrictions-for-battle-net-accounts

Our accounts should show that we have the same billing address.

Even though we are married but do not have the same last names, can the character be transferred?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
06/10/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Redlock
Our accounts should show that we have the same billing address.

That is not a qualification for a character transfer. From the FAQ -

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-disclaimers-and-faq-part-1

Account Restrictions:

Transfers between accounts can be done only if you are the registered user on both accounts. We do not support the transfer of characters between friends, guild mates, or family members.

She cannot gift you a character, even though you were playing the character on her account, in particular since she was never supposed to allow you to play on her account in the first place.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Even though we are married but do not have the same last names, can the character be transferred?

No

You are not allowed on her account. If Blizzard wanted to, they could permanently close the account, because you accessed it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks for replying. Is it possible for us to put both accounts in one person's name?
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
Only if there were a valid reason to do so. It would require a call to Billing and providing whatever Billing needed to justify the change.

However, in a case such as you described, it generally cannot be done.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You'd be transferring or gifting an account in that case, which I'm afraid is also prohibited.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ok.

I think I'll just go back to my account and server/faction change a character.

Thanks for all your help.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
My wife wasn't playing on her account but she had the annual pass so I started a character on her account.

That is a serious violation of the Terms of Use and her account can be closed.

Account Sharing/Third-Party Character Advancement ("Power Leveling")

Only two people are EVER allowed to access the account (from the moment the account is created to the end of time). Who are those two people? The first is the person who set up the account in their own name (you aren't allowed to set up an account in any name other than your own legal name). The second is one (1) of the children or trustees (under age 18) of the first person. Not siblings, not parents, not spouses, not friends, not strangers.
Edited by Alethìa on 6/10/2012 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]