Unable to logoff?

85 Draenei Paladin
I'm constantly logged in, despite hitting the log out button and needing to re-enter my password, turning off my phone including taking out the battery, etc. Sometimes, I get notifications that people are whispering, can view the message, but cannot "login" to send one back, despite obviously already being logged in. The logging in gear will be turning and I'll get a notification of a new message.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Have you either logged into a second device without logging out or crashed/force closed without logging out?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I haven't logged into a second device, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't crashed. If it has crashed and/or forced closed, how do I fix it?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
You should just be able to log into Guild Chat in the app and then log off. If you minimize the app, you are considered to be "Mobile Away", as opposed to in-game away. It will then keep you in this state until you log off from the app. If you log off and it still shows you as "Mobile Away", either you are logged into a second device or your character is in an odd state that we have not encountered.

This potential odd state could be due to all of the connection issues that cropped up over the last couple weeks, but I am not sure at this point. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 various devices simultaneously connected to live realms to monitor these issues and so far have not encountered this, even during periods where I could not connect or connections were unstable.

What version of the app are you running?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I am having the same problem as Jaidah, I was just made aware by friends over real id that this toon I'm writing this post from has been logged in using the mobile armory for 5 days now, which is neigh on impossible since I restart my phone at least once a day to clear the memory, and log out of mobile armory when I'm done with it because it drains my battery.

As soon as I was told, I checked and was logged out of mobile armory, I logged in, logged out, restarted my phone, and was still on in guild. I then logged into mobile armory, logged out again, shut down phone and removed battery, and I am still on in guild chat.

I have only 1 mobile device, no other smart phone or a tablet or anything else, and I am using the latest version of the mobile armory available from my app store. I am on a HTC Sensation 4G with all current updates, Android Version 2.3.4, and Wow Armory version 2.3.0
Edited by Hemashadow on 6/5/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I feel like connectivity being TOO good is the opposite of most people's problems ;)

I'm using WoW armory 2.3.0 on a Droid 2 Global, Android 2.3.4.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Also, I just remembered, I was bit late to updating the app and only did so maybe a week ago, so a previous version did not have this problem. I'm not sure how many versions ago, though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Just an update: my phone was off for an hour or more today while i was quick charging it from completely drained to full, and I was informed I am still available over mobile armory on this toon, even though before it was drained, I did the log in/log out thing again.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This may have to do with upgrading from a pre-Push Notifications build to the latest push build. Although our upgrade testing matrix covers a lot of ground, it is possible that a separate instance of your character's mobile status may be running on the server.

I'll have my team focus on this and also see if it's possible for one of our engineers to kill your character's mobile status. Again, I'm not 100% certain we can, but I'll explore this avenue.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Just as I was submitting the above post, it occurred to me: Do either of you two log into the Mobile Armory during or around Tuesday maintenance? A lot of the server processes required to run the Mobile Armory go through a similar cycle as WoW, and there could be potential for the database to see a login prior, a login during, and/or a login after maintenance as separate instances, thus keeping you Mobile Away even after signing out.

Edit: And, again, right after I made this post -- with all of the strain on the server that D3 contributed to, we've had to do a some emergency maintenance, so it's possible that the above scenario could have happened outside of the usual maintenance hours.
Edited by Wilebosk on 6/7/2012 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Ok, I am having exactly the same issue. Has a solution been found for this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I've been having this issue for over a month. It even keeps me logged into mobile chat while I'm in game, so my phone goes nuts while I'm playing WoW. The only thing I haven't tried to do is uninstall it, which I'm going to have to do soon because it's such a pain when my phone randomly goes off in the middle of the night with people asking what I'm doing lurking on mobile chat at 3AM.
Edited by Militaris on 7/3/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm having the exact same issue as the OP. There are also two others in our guild that have been logged in through the remote for several days straight that I imagine are experiencing the same issue.

I'll get whispers through my phone from the wow remote even when I'm not running the app, but I can't even log into guild chat through it to respond.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy II S running WoW Amory 2.3.0.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Uninstalling and reinstalling is the next step. Have either of you logged into another device with your Battle.net account?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I am now running WoW Armory 2.3.2. Still having the same issues. I can't log into guild chat through my phone, and I remain constantly logged in when I check the guild roster in the actual game - even if I power cycle my phone. I believe there are two others with this problem in guild. They've appeared online remotely for over a week and probably don't realize it.

I have not logged in with another device, this is the only mobile device I have that runs this app. I do have a mobile authenticator attached to this same device. When attempting to sign in to guild chat, I can't even get to the point where it prompts me about my attached authenticator.

Not sure what to do here, Guild Chat is the primary reason I subscribe to this app. What's weird is that I get all the guild news updates and from what I can tell, the Remote AH works fine.

On a brighter note, the 3D models now work where they weren't in 2.3.0. They look great and were a nice touch, but I'm here for the guild chat function primarily.

Lets figure this thing out!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok, just did a test, I think the "unable to log in" and the "always online/can't log out" are two different issues.

I switched to a toon that is in another guild and was able to log in remotely to guild chat just fine. We did do a guild name change two days ago so I believe that is tied to the "Can't log in." I'll go to an existing thread on the same topic for that issue.

As far as the "Can't log off," this has been an issue since before the guild name change. It's kinda weird being logged in on my alt and seeing my main online through the mobile app as well.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Ok, just did a test, I think the "unable to log in" and the "always online/can't log out" are two different issues.

I switched to a toon that is in another guild and was able to log in remotely to guild chat just fine. We did do a guild name change two days ago so I believe that is tied to the "Can't log in." I'll go to an existing thread on the same topic for that issue.

As far as the "Can't log off," this has been an issue since before the guild name change. It's kinda weird being logged in on my alt and seeing my main online through the mobile app as well.

Yes, the "Can't log in" issue will clear up after the next realm maintenance. I'm working with our server engineers to figure out that particular issue. It's completely on the WoW end of things, so the mobile team can't do much about it. But we are pushing to get a permanent solution for it.

This "Can't log off" bug is ridiculously difficult to figure out. We can only guess that it's a timing thing or a complete fluke. We've tested around the system and cannot get into this state without using a second device. I'm going to run some additional tests today to see what we can do. I'm sorry you and your guildies are having such a hard time with these presence issues!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ok, as of early this morning, Xyer is finally offline as is ONE of the other two that were in the same state. I uninstalled the wow armory app, took out my sim card, memory stick, and battery from my phone, put them back in and then reinstalled the updated version.

I'm not sure if that was what solved it, if it was a coincidence, or if you guys were able to do something but that's the update.

If the problem happens again, I'll come back and update the thread with any other thoughts.

Thanks a bunch for working on this issue.
Edited by Xyer on 7/6/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]