Thinking of xferring here.

1 Blood Elf Paladin
Title says it all, I was curious about about the specifics, and overall feedback, outside from what I can extract from wowprogress.com or realmpop.com.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's an overall cool realm, fairly laid back with pugs to be found -- seems most guilds are recruiting (this is mainly due to it being the end of an expac).

Realm seems a little more dead than usual but that's b/c there's a fairly large D3 playerbase here.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The server is great with people to talk to. If you get into a nice guild the people are very nice. Thats what keeps me here is talking to people that I enjoy playing the game with.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure what alliance side is like, but Horde is pretty active. Always lots of people in trade / org pugging old and new raids. People here are also very friendly, however you do run into the typical elitist "IM BETTER THAN U" jerk every so often, but other than that Madoran is a nice home :) Been here since 2007 and I've NEVER thought of moving out.

Also, this thread needs more pallies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
C - C - C - COMBOBREAKER
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think it should be added that Madoran is very different from other realms. On other realms guilds seem to keep to themselves (outside the pugging in tradechat that I've seen). On Madoran, if someone were to say, steal from guild A faction A, the rest of the server would know about it fairly quickly. Likewise, it's easy, just from talking to people, to figure out which guilds you might want to apply to, and which guilds you'd like to stay away from. Not saying that this is due to progression, but moreso the overall personality of the guilds (though people will likely have varying opinions, the opinion of the overall server remains the same).

Overall, Madoran is a very friendly place for your toon to call home with many people willing to help out with (just about) anything you might need.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I don't think many have pushed into giving actual details on the 'pugs' that happen on this server. Or at least on the Horde side.

Pugs on this server (Horde side at least) are hardly good or ever finish the run they start. Regardless of what anyone here will tell you, it is the truth. The only time a 'pug' will actually finish something is if it is a guild run seeking to fill some lost spots. And then, it isn't really a pug at all.

90% of DS pugs on this server cannot get past Zon'ozz. Again, this is a pug of full shout invited people. If the pug gets past Zon'ozz, chances are it will break at Ultraxion. If you still manage to get this far, you probably wont down spine.

FL pugs always fall apart as well. In case you were interested in running older content too. I don't think a pug on the Horde side has gotten more then two bosses down ever.

T11 pugs don't happen at all, so if you are looking for that, don't bother.

All in all, Madoran (at least the Horde side) is horrible. Don't waste your money.

If you are looking to raid older content, without wanting to waste money I would recommend you check out OpenRaid:
http://www.openraid.us
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
reading this makes me happy to be alliance wow! we made a full pug from trade this week, downed 3 on heroic rest on normal; okay 3/8HM full pugs isnt common and we wiped a few times, but can do at least all 8/8 normal in 3 hrs quite easily by looking from players in trade. Compared to a few servers I'm in, Madoran is still quite alive even for and end of expansion, let's cross fingers it stays that way.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Madoran has always been middle-of-the-pack in terms of progression across all servers. A couple weeks ago I cleared normal DS in a full trade pug. This is, however, a rare occurence and I pug a lot.
Edited by Spacedonkey on 6/17/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I forgot to mention: alliance side
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
06/16/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Biggbletes
happy to be alliance wow

06/17/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Biggbletes
I forgot to mention: alliance side
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
06/16/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Biggbletes
reading this makes me happy to be alliance wow! we made a full pug from trade this week, downed 3 on heroic rest on normal; okay 3/8HM full pugs isnt common and we wiped a few times, but can do at least all 8/8 normal in 3 hrs quite easily by looking from players in trade. Compared to a few servers I'm in, Madoran is still quite alive even for and end of expansion, let's cross fingers it stays that way.

If only the Horde side wasn't horribad and could do this. :(

Most of the guilds horde side aren't even 3/8H as a guild.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/17/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Wiccaan

Most guilds (horde and alliance) aren't even 3/8 HM. There are 7 guilds that are 8/8 HM (3 Horde, 4 Alliance). There is 1 guild that is 7/8 HM (alliance). There are 4 guilds that are 6/8 HM (all alliance). I could go on, or you could look this up on wowprogress.com.

While you are out there, I would highly recommend that you check out some of these guild's activity levels as well. I know that there have been some guilds that have fallen apart alliance side due to inactivity (leaving a lot of people going horde side or off server). I also know that there are some guilds horde side that are still struggling with attendance issues and thus unable to run DS as often as they would like.
Edited by Nobil on 6/17/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
06/17/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Nobil

Most guilds (horde and alliance) aren't even 3/8 HM. There are 7 guilds that are 8/8 HM (3 Horde, 4 Alliance). There is 1 guild that is 7/8 HM (alliance). There are 4 guilds that are 6/8 HM (all alliance). I could go on, or you could look this up on wowprogress.com.

While you are out there, I would highly recommend that you check out some of these guild's activity levels as well. I know that there have been some guilds that have fallen apart alliance side due to inactivity (leaving a lot of people going horde side or off server). I also know that there are some guilds horde side that are still struggling with attendance issues and thus unable to run DS as often as they would like.

Congrats for just backing up my statement?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Full on trade pugs do generally fail because you have to be a little careful who you run with just like any other realm. For example, if your raid leader's guild has only done 3/8 normal don't look to get past 3/8 normal. I know at least once a week we pug a couple of people into our alt runs and have done 5/8 heroic on numerous occasions. Generally we don't broadcast in trade that we're looking for someone though. We tend to take people we know, that want to go, and won't hold us back or be carried.

Horde side is fine once you get all the baddies on your ignore list just like any other server or faction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
y u no pug me for alt runs?
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
Someone should text me when an 8/8 normal clear is happening ... i only need 7 clusters + dw kill for Legendaries on one of my retired rogues.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Get on ally side boost, we can carry you through heroics for them ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
And for cheap too! :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I was thinking of a change of scenery, but can't make myself pay more money for a game I don't really log into anymore.

Edit: Hah, last time I did anything in DS on Heroic was March 1st.
Edited by Boost on 6/19/2012 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]