Arena Pass Coming to a Close

Community Manager
At 1:00 a.m. PDT on June 5, the rated phase of play in the World of Warcraft Arena Pass realm will end.

Don’t forget, players that participate in this year’s World of Warcraft Arena Pass will also gain exclusive access to a level-90 Arena Pass realm after their accounts are upgraded to the Mists of Pandaria expansion. We will leave this forum up and available for the next few months, so you can continue your discussions about Arena Pass here.

If you have any questions or would like more details, please read the Arena Pass FAQ: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/faq.xml
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
I missed it :( Maybe next year...
Edited by Zlyphor on 6/4/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
So, I get all the rules. I read the limited information you provided, Blizz.

Under those rules, my bf wants to delete and remake a toon. He can't. Guess why not?

He is the team captain of a 2v2 team we made during practice weeks so we could, you know, practice. Because of your brilliant team locking "strategy" (read: too lazy/busy with more important things to do the tournament RIGHT), he is stuck there. On a two's team. that doesn't count for anything in the tournament season. (is YOUR mind boggled yet?)

I have played (and paid) every year you have done the tournament. I won't be doing so again. You've screwed the proverbial pooch this year, a LOT of people are being left screwed by the teams being locked, and you have shown no concern or attention at all to players and their concerns.

I'm pretty sure you don't give a crap about me and my $60 bucks (for three accounts), but I felt like saying something, anyway...I'm thinking I'm not the only one extremely displeased with your "customer service" on this issue.

~Mia
Edited by Miarrah on 6/4/2012 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please look at our posts, Kaivax. We paid you for this service, and it was chewed up and spat back out at us.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Not sure what you guys are complaining about... The rules were quite clear - you can't swap teams after the start of that phase. For the guys "stuck" on a 2-person team: you could have simply deleted those 2 toons, made 2 new ones, and started a new team, had you bothered to read the rules. Why did you leave your practice team in place until after the team-lockout?
Edited by Died on 6/4/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Because they don't know how to read the rules and regulations.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
06/04/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Died
Not sure what you guys are complaining about... The rules were quite clear - you can't swap teams after the start of that phase. For the guys "stuck" on a 2-person team: you could have simply deleted those 2 toons, made 2 new ones, and started a new team, had you bothered to read the rules. Why did you leave your practice team in place until after the team-lockout?

you cannot delete those two toons. you can only delete the toon that is NOT the captain of the 2s team.

I love rules. OCD ftw. the rules, however, deal with 3v3, which makes sense, since the tournament is based on 3v3. the rules said nothing about 2v2, or 5v5, just 3v3.

Can you honestly tell me, that it makes sense, number one, to lock people to a 2s team, and number two, that the rules are specific enough to explain a 2s team (that counts for nothing, ever, for any reason) being locked down? (they aren't.)

Blizz didn't care about this year's tournament. period. the support was non-existent, the quality of the experience sub-par. Having played the tournament every season it has been out, the overall experience was sadly lacking. (right this moment, you can find two different descriptions for the top 1000...one for just being in it, and one for being in it and having 100 matches.)

tell me to QQ if you will, but my points are vaild. Yeah, yeah, my $40 is no big deal if I choose not to run it again...but I doubt I am the only one who is unhappy with this season's tournament.
Edited by Miarrah on 6/5/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I don't know why you are complaining. Don't blame your inadequacies on blizzard. There was ample time to delete and remake your characters, which I did about 8-10 times this tournament season. The new toons start with 1500 MMR and all it takes is going 10 wins with no losses and you are 2k MMR again with the brand new toon. And if your complaint is about that 100 games, then you just need to deal with it, that's to prevent exploiting for the vanquisher title. You had ample time to correct everything that you are complaining about with very little effort. In fact, the effort you have used to complain could have been applied to solve your problems had you faced them earlier and more pragmatically.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
At 1:00 a.m. PDT on June 5, the rated phase of play in the World of Warcraft Arena Pass realm will end.

Don’t forget, players that participate in this year’s World of Warcraft Arena Pass will also gain exclusive access to a level-90 Arena Pass realm after their accounts are upgraded to the Mists of Pandaria expansion. We will leave this forum up and available for the next few months, so you can continue your discussions about Arena Pass here.

If you have any questions or would like more details, please read the Arena Pass FAQ: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/tournament/faq.xml

I have a question for you, blue. Is the tourny realm still going to be up? I would be very happy if it were to remain live. The player base on this realm and the absence of all the lesser desirable aspects of the game (everything non arena) is amazing and I would love to play more regardless of prizes and the actual ranked tournament.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Will players still be able to access the server even though the rated phase and everything else has passed on?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When i tried it was greyed out so I couldnt actually get in.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Hunter
06/05/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Avahlol
I don't know why you are complaining. Don't blame your inadequacies on blizzard. There was ample time to delete and remake your characters, which I did about 8-10 times this tournament season. The new toons start with 1500 MMR and all it takes is going 10 wins with no losses and you are 2k MMR again with the brand new toon. And if your complaint is about that 100 games, then you just need to deal with it, that's to prevent exploiting for the vanquisher title. You had ample time to correct everything that you are complaining about with very little effort. In fact, the effort you have used to complain could have been applied to solve your problems had you faced them earlier and more pragmatically.

If you are too lazy to read what the actual complaint is, don't respond.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
06/04/2012 11:59 PMPosted by Miarrah

you cannot delete those two toons. you can only delete the toon that is NOT the captain of the 2s team.

I love rules. OCD ftw. the rules, however, deal with 3v3, which makes sense, since the tournament is based on 3v3. the rules said nothing about 2v2, or 5v5, just 3v3.

Can you honestly tell me, that it makes sense, number one, to lock people to a 2s team, and number two, that the rules are specific enough to explain a 2s team (that counts for nothing, ever, for any reason) being locked down? (they aren't.)

Blizz didn't care about this year's tournament. period. the support was non-existent, the quality of the experience sub-par. Having played the tournament every season it has been out, the overall experience was sadly lacking. (right this moment, you can find two different descriptions for the top 1000...one for just being in it, and one for being in it and having 100 matches.)

tell me to QQ if you will, but my points are vaild. Yeah, yeah, my $40 is no big deal if I choose not to run it again...but I doubt I am the only one who is unhappy with this season's tournament.

I really enjoyed this years tournement tbh, i dont know what your crying about... rules were stated very clearly and are you telling me you did this with all 3 of your character slots? sounds like a personal issue to me. there were many warnings NOT to do this
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll say this,

1. Blizz did not state that in the final phase if you were a team captian you would be "stuck" on that team for good.

2.If that said toon just happened to be a Dk well you were screwed.

3. I also enjoyed the arena pass as well, but yes it WAS poorly handled by blizz and with a small pool of players I could and did cause problems for many.

4. Just because you didnt have problems and doesnt mean others didnt. Telling ppl they should just understand everything and that it was clearly stated, DOESNT actually mean it was or that someone didnt quite understand it.

Try stepping out of that narrow minded way of thinking, try being helpful instead of being a jerk about it. There have been many posts about the issues being brought up and many have weighed in on them. So if it was so clearly stated Im sure much of this would have been resolved. As well did any of you who are complaining about ppl not understanding actually reply to any of the threads created before now?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
With all the issues brought up, I am not going to repeat them. I just want to add that Blizzard hasn't responded to any of the issues or questions brought up in this or any other post in the arena pass forum. Please quote something a prove me wrong, please!

I just can't understand why they wouldn't tell someone to take 20 minutes of their day and post some answers to people's questions. Even if it's an answer no one wants to hear, any kind of response would stop the overwhelming feeling of being ignored and shouting into a void.
Edited by Deryc on 6/6/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/04/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Nyowa
Please look at our posts, Kaivax. We paid you for this service, and it was chewed up and spat back out at us.

I feel this way also.

We paid for a premium service. The tournament itself was completely ignored by the community team, and Blizzard likewise ignored all of the concerns that were raised.

I do not intend to pay next year unless there will be some improvements (at a minimum, an improvement in Blizzard's attitude toward it - right now as a customer I do feel taken advantage of).
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Death Knight
So, I get all the rules. I read the limited information you provided, Blizz.

Under those rules, my bf wants to delete and remake a toon. He can't. Guess why not?

He is the team captain of a 2v2 team we made during practice weeks so we could, you know, practice. Because of your brilliant team locking "strategy" (read: too lazy/busy with more important things to do the tournament RIGHT), he is stuck there. On a two's team. that doesn't count for anything in the tournament season. (is YOUR mind boggled yet?)

I have played (and paid) every year you have done the tournament. I won't be doing so again. You've screwed the proverbial pooch this year, a LOT of people are being left screwed by the teams being locked, and you have shown no concern or attention at all to players and their concerns.

I'm pretty sure you don't give a crap about me and my $60 bucks (for three accounts), but I felt like saying something, anyway...I'm thinking I'm not the only one extremely displeased with your "customer service" on this issue.

~Mia

At Least someone had the guts to say this! I Was also stuck with a bunch of Ideots. I know how you feal. Js
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'm still wondering how someone managed to mess up badly enough to lock all 3 toons to teams that they couldn't accomplish their goals with, tbh.

I had 1 toon that was with a couple people I signed up with - D3 came out, and the suddenly weren't interested in going for the title, despite my many, many times asking, begging, pleading...so he was stuck.

I made a 2nd toon, played with a couple other people who were 100% reliable and absolutely awesome, wonderful people - we put in our 100 games and it was GG.

I still had a toon to spare, if that didn't work.... /shrug.

As for not being able to delete cuz you were a captain - easy enough, delete before the time when you were told you couldn't swap teams. Why you couldn't get your team worked out in the weeks before they became locked is beyond me.
Edited by Died on 6/8/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]