Classes with easy rotation in MoP

55 Human Death Knight
Hello,

I think I have slower reaction time and have difficulty with key bindings so I was wondering which classes/specs will have easiest rotations in MoP?

In Cataclysm:
- Survival and Arcane have easy rotations and I can perform well with these
- Shadow, Balance and Feral have complex rotation and/or too many variables to keep track of therefore I perform very poorly with these.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If I were you I'd approach some hunters with beta access. Historically this class has always had a very simple rotation/priority in PvE, and judging from the patch notes it really doesn't look like any complexity is being added.

I have a friend with Multiple Sclerosis, and another with Proprioceptive Impairment from a brain injury who both have poor coordination, and reaction times. Both of them play hunters in PvE and the simple rotation coupled with the high mobility of the class allow them to do acceptable DPS in casual environments as well as being forgiving in getting out of "bad stuff" if they don't see it right away, or react super fast.
Edited by Phaelle on 6/5/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Thanks for your help.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Thinly veiled troll thread.

10/10
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

10/10

Or you are wrong and are now the biggest awipe on the forums... Hey, it's the intranets, right?
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight

10/10

I described my limitations before stating my experience in playing various classes so that the post would not be taken as troll post and yet someone still thought I was trolling.

Why do trolls perceive genuine threads to be trolling?
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Ice Vein states "Combat Rogues have one of the simplest rotations in the game" (Source: http://www.icy-veins.com/combat-rogue-pve-rotation-cooldowns-abilities).

What are people's opinion on this?

I haven't tried melee class yet and would be interested in trying Rogue if rotation is simple.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ice Vein states "Combat Rogues have one of the simplest rotations in the game" (Source: http://www.icy-veins.com/combat-rogue-pve-rotation-cooldowns-abilities).

I haven't tried melee class yet and would be interested in trying Rogue if rotation is simple.

I've heard the same.

I put forth hunter because honestly all 3 specs are incredibly simple. And mage specs are on a similar path TBH. So you can not only pick whichever spec is the strongest, but be fine with the fact that no matter which one you may need to play to get into raids, all 3 specs can be learned on the fly within a very reasonable time frame.

I could be wrong, a decent rogue could elaborate, but I have heard that Sub is fairly complex or sometimes a real pain in the butt, so if Subtlety ever becomes the "raid spec" it could possibly be an issue.

Also, I played a warrior for a while, so if you're also looking at melee, neither arms or fury are all that complex, and really don't require very many binds for casual play. The mobility with charge/intervene/leap is also quite nice.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello,

I think I have slower reaction time and have difficulty with key bindings so I was wondering which classes/specs will have easiest rotations in MoP?

In Cataclysm:
- Survival and Arcane have easy rotations and I can perform well with these
- Shadow, Balance and Feral have complex rotation and/or too many variables to keep track of therefore I perform very poorly with these.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Actually nevermind, my post was made irrelevant once I realized you were speaking only of MoP.

Who reads these days? Not this guy.
Edited by Chansey on 6/6/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

I've heard the same.

I put forth hunter because honestly all 3 specs are incredibly simple. And mage specs are on a similar path TBH. So you can not only pick whichever spec is the strongest, but be fine with the fact that no matter which one you may need to play to get into raids, all 3 specs can be learned on the fly within a very reasonable time frame.

I could be wrong, a decent rogue could elaborate, but I have heard that Sub is fairly complex or sometimes a real pain in the butt, so if Subtlety ever becomes the "raid spec" it could possibly be an issue.

Also, I played a warrior for a while, so if you're also looking at melee, neither arms or fury are all that complex, and really don't require very many binds for casual play. The mobility with charge/intervene/leap is also quite nice.

Subtlety is definitely quite a bit harder than combat, but still not impossible. Though, there are a lot of things to pay attention to and monitor as a rogue so I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone who has issues with anything more complex than a hunter/mage.

E: I have every class at 85 and the easiest to deal with in LFR/LFD would be my mage and hunter, neither really require quick reactions to pump out "decent" dps, where as someone with slow reactions times on a rogue will lose massive amounts of dps because it requires quick thinking and energy capping/popping cds late are massive DPS losses.
Edited by Záne on 6/7/2012 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Elemental shaman are pretty simple

And judging by the months of MoP patch notes and the total of maybe 10 lines of shaman notes over that time, we're not changing at all.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue

I play combat PvE and I can get 2nd dps without really thinking. I also have an arcane mage, I only have to press 4 buttons in total to have 1st/2nd dps. (arcane blast, arcane missles, arcane barrage, and blizzard during aoe).
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Subtlety is definitely quite a bit harder than combat, but still not impossible. Though, there are a lot of things to pay attention to and monitor as a rogue so I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone who has issues with anything more complex than a hunter/mage.

E: I have every class at 85 and the easiest to deal with in LFR/LFD would be my mage and hunter, neither really require quick reactions to pump out "decent" dps, where as someone with slow reactions times on a rogue will lose massive amounts of dps because it requires quick thinking and energy capping/popping cds late are massive DPS losses.

Yea, that's pretty much what I thought, but since I don't PvE with one I figured I wouldn't try to pass any of my thoughts off as fact.

I guess when it comes down to it, I'd definitely push hunter/mage/warrior on the OP for PvE with Hunter/Mage a bit more than the warrior since range classes are historically easier mechanic wise in PvE. If he likes to dabble in PvP here and there, I'd probably push Mage/Warrior over the hunter, as hunters easily have the most keybinds in PvP to perform decently. I have about 69 binds on my hunter, and I could still probably have 2-3 more if my hands were a bit bigger.
Edited by Phaelle on 6/7/2012 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Shaman

10/10

Or you are wrong and are now the biggest awipe on the forums... Hey, it's the intranets, right?

Biggest awipe? Now there's an accomplishment!
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Thanks everyone appreciate your help :)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Elemental shaman are pretty simple

And judging by the months of MoP patch notes and the total of maybe 10 lines of shaman notes over that time, we're not changing at all.

Read again, look at the stuff on totems.

Shaman may have the most overall keybindings in MoP. Grats.

They're taking most totems away and adding some new ones with long cooldowns/situational... that doesn't make it a tough rotation.

Elemental shaman have very few buttons they need to worry about.

Edit: this is from a PvE perspective. No class has few pvp binds so I didn't even assume he was talking about that
Edited by Tidalwave on 6/7/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Elemental wouldn't be good if you have a slow reaction time though, seeing how a lot of the dps comes from reacting quickly to lava surge and fulmination.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Combat rogue rotations are amazingly simple. So are hunter rotations, but at least you have to manage focus somewhat to maximize exp shot/black arrow uptime. Combat is zzzz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]