Premium For Oceanic Region Servers?

90 Night Elf Rogue
This topic has no doubt been brought up but I would love to have an Oceanic Server located actually in the region.
Let's start this Topic with some pros and cons to having an Oceanic Server here in Australia.
Also if people would be willing to pay a premium to have a server here? If so how much extra would you pay?
Reply Quote
68 Worgen Rogue
$20 a month seems like a good price
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
Bad connections for everyone but the Australian players. I live in the philipines and if i watch the path to Australia it goes to the US then back to Australia. Conecting to anywere else it goes through singapore . Oceanic encompasses all the oceanic area. And I tried connecting to a SWTOR server in Australia and my ping was 10 times what it was to the US. Australian servers would be for people that live in Australia only not economically feasible there are not enough players in Australia to support localized servers. The only MMO that is Australia is SWTOR and its losing money. and they are considering shutting down the Australian server and merging them with the US
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
cross realm severs would be all messed up and wouldnt work
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How about charge everyone in Aus or oceanic realms maybe 20c xtra or even up to a dollar to pay for the servers, you wouldn't even notice and more ppl are going to be able to play competitively. If not there going to defect to swtor or even the up coming elders scrolls MMO FTW. There going to have to spend to plz the crowd like in previous xpacs i don't understand how they can make 3 times more than the previous year and spend less (Jewish joke incoming).
They could benefit from setting up a server here because they could possibly make more money and set up no lag for there upcoming MMO titans, otherwise there going to make jack from Aus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I would prefer it was in New Zealand. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Bad connections for everyone but the Australian players. I live in the philipines and if i watch the path to Australia it goes to the US then back to Australia. Conecting to anywere else it goes through singapore . Oceanic encompasses all the oceanic area.

That's something I'd be worried about as well if their were Australian based servers. What would that mean for me, a WoW gamer in Japan? How would it effect my lag?

Also if they did make Australian servers would we still be connected to the US servers? Or would it make another group of servers like the EU servers? Because as it stands now having the Oceanic realms connected to the US realms is good for everybody since it keeps queues popping when it's late night over here or there.
Reply Quote
63 Human Paladin
What would be the reason for having such servers? Why would anyone want to pay more for service they already get? It's the internet; the servers could be located in orbit for all that it matters to any of us.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/08/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Gyorgi
What would be the reason for having such servers? Why would anyone want to pay more for service they already get? It's the internet; the servers could be located in orbit for all that it matters to any of us.

when it comes to min/maxing dps and getting out as much HPS as possible- that <40 ms can and will make a noticeable difference.. and lets not even begin to talk about pvp

but like blizzard is going to do anything.. best we can hope is that their next mmo has severs located at/near australia/nz

e: i'd pay more for servers based in australia/nz
Edited by Zeforr on 7/8/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would also pay more for an Australian based Server.

My rogue is currently UNPLAYABLE due to ping issues, You stand behind somebody and try to attack and it just spams "Your target is out of range", When you are Obviously RIGHT BEHIND THEM.

We can NOT play competitively as any melee classes. Why are we paying $15 when we can't even enjoy the game to it's fullest capabilities.

There needs to be a MMO Ombudsmen that players can complain to, and force Blizzard to wake up and realise that Australians are being sold a broken game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]