Does WoW Charge Monthly?

(Locked)

20 Human Paladin
If i buy the upgrade to have the chance to level to 70 and above, will it charge me after i pay that amount like is it recurring? or just pay once and play as much as you want
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
It's a recurring subscription. It costs ~$15 a month to play after paying to upgrade your account (though you get the first 30 days free with your upgrade).

So yes, you have to keep paying for access after you upgrade your account, otherwise your account will be frozen until you pay for more time.
85 Human Warrior
Each version of the game (i.e. the Battlechest, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm) all have their own separate, one-time fee needed to upgrade your account to that level. After that, the game itself is $15 per month minimum, though you can lower the monthly payment by paying in 3- or 6-month installments.

Also, the Battlechest (Classic + Burning Crusade) includes one month of free game time.
86 Orc Shaman
It's a recurring subscription. It costs ~$15 a month to play after paying to upgrade your account (though you get the first 30 days free with your upgrade).

So yes, you have to keep paying for access after you upgrade your account, otherwise your account will be frozen until you pay for more time.

Does each expansion include a 30 day free offer?
21 Night Elf Druid
I hate to take over this thread but...

You can lower the monthly payment by paying in 3- or 6-month installments.

What did you say? I was unaware that I could lower my payments. What do I pay if I pay in those time-frames? And where can I find this?
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Does each expansion include a 30 day free offer?

No. Just your initial upgrade. Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm come with no free time.

I hate to take over this thread but...

You can lower the monthly payment by paying in 3- or 6-month installments.

What did you say? I was unaware that I could lower my payments. What do I pay if I pay in those time-frames? And where can I find this?

The price-per-month cost goes down if you sign up for longer periods of subscription. The prices are described here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/payment-option-credit-card
21 Night Elf Druid
Oh! Thank you, Cerylia. That helps me a lot, actually =)
90 Night Elf Druid
(Doh! Sniped by Cerylia!)

Q. Does each expansion include a 30 day free offer?
A. Virtually positive that the answer is still no - they didn't when I bought mine.

Q. What do I pay if I pay in those time-frames? And where can I find this?

A-Your choices are shown here:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/subscription-options

To change your billing options, you go to the Account link at the top of this page, sign in if it prompts you to do so, choose the World of Warcraft Game subscription under "Your Game Accounts", and (I believe, I signed up for Annual Pass and I can't change anything) your choices will be under the "Change Game Subscription" option.

<S>
Edited by Sylth on 6/8/2012 1:49 PM PDT
1 Human Mage
if i buy it and complete the game how do i make the payments stop
1 Human Mage
if i buy the game and complete it how do i stop the payment
100 Troll Hunter
On your account management page on the battle.net website, select your account and choose "Cancel Game Subscription".
80 Orc Hunter
02/09/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Jonrock
On your account management page on the battle.net website, select your account and choose "Cancel Game Subscription".

Canceling doesn't take effect immediately. It occurs at the end of the time you've currently paid for. If you paid for three months and then canceled after a month, you don't get money back and your account is active for the full three months.

Canceling your account doesn't delete your account. You can come back a couple of years later, pay for more time, and pick up with your old characters.
81 Gnome Warlock
02/09/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Marthan

Also to add, "completing" the game is actually quite difficult to do. Heck, I've been playing for going on eight years straight now, and I'm nowhere near "completing" everything there is to do. Even if you did everything currently available, in a month or two a new patch will come out with more content. WoW isn't like a console game where there's a set endpoint. Just as a friendly, good-natured warning. :)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also adding that before paying to upgrade, you can try a 10 day trial to see if you'll like the expansion enough to upgrade.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Narcissista
Also adding that before paying to upgrade, you can try a 10 day trial to see if you'll like the expansion enough to upgrade.

If you're going to add information, please make sure it's accurate. The trial hasn't had a time limit for a very long time.
100 Orc Warrior
I think they were talking about the 10 day trials for cataclysm/pandaria. Which are indeed limited time samples of the next expansion.
90 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Cogruko
I think they were talking about the 10 day trials for cataclysm/pandaria. Which are indeed limited time samples of the next expansion.

Ah, very true. I always forget about those. Mea culpa.
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/09/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Marthan

You never do "complete it." That is the rub.

You stop payments by simply "cancelling." This doesn't harm your account, or delete characters; It simply cancels being billed again. You can merrily play through the rest of your time, even though you cancelled. Later on, even after years, you can pick up where you left off by starting your subscription again.

It actually is a good idea to cancel, if you are paying with something like a "visa check card" (works like a visa, but the balance is taken from your checking account.) This is especially wise if you are doing 3 or 6 month subscriptions; Then you can simply resubscribe at the time you go to log in, then it says your subscription is up. You can then pretty much immediately cancel, to be good to go for not being rebilled again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]