BEWARE OF THIS LIAR, THIEF AND CHEATER!!!!

85 Orc Warlock
This guy is used to doing this... he gets to a guild, the minute he get some access to a guild bank, he empty everything, leave guild and then change his name so you can't track him. Our GM made this mistake of give him full bank access, since he showed to be a really "good guildie", helping others and doing activities to benefit the guild. He empty the bank and left guild and changed name. He is still in our realm. His name used to be Aronus a warrior plus he also has a mage named powermuffin. If you see him..do not trust him. Blizzard said that they couldn't do anything about it since our GM gave him full bank access. Learn from our mistake! Don't want another guild to go through this.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Don't give up. What you've identified is a pattern of behavior. Blizzard will have access to his account name via any character name he uses. Rally the guild leaders to each put in their own ticket on this guy. Blizzard will be able to correlate the characters guild joining and leaving with the dates of items reported as stolen. If the guy is doing what you allege, it's against the terms of use. He can be shut down if you can get enough affected guild leaders to report the thief, and keep reporting.

So you say Aronus and Powermuffin are his characters, have either of them done the guild cleanout/gquit thing, how do you know they are the same person? How do you know they are the same as the thief?

One thing you can personallly use to track someone is to get an addon that allows you to save notes as part of your Friends List. That way when the person changes names, the old note will be next to the name (on your computer). That works unless the character leaves the server or faction transfers. Another thing you can try is take screenshots of the armory for one version of him and again as soon as you discover the name change. The combination of gear, enchants, gems, and mogging can work as something like a fingerprient.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
There are sites to track guild changes.

Like this.

Level 85 Blood Elf Warrior - Aronus

Level Guild Date
85 PwnStarz Apr 18, 12
85 Swoll Patrol Feb 17, 12
85 Ascent Gaming Jan 05, 12
85 Fight Boars Not Wars Oct 11, 11
85 YOU DUN GOOFD Sep 21, 11
85 Blacklìsted Jul 28, 11
85 Just Got Honor Mar 19, 11
85 Fractured Halo Feb 21, 11
85 Just Got Honor Jan 16, 11
83 Just Got Honor Jan 09, 11
82 Just Got Honor Jan 08, 11

These sites can also track name changes. They never delete information from transfers. I tested this with the old name of one of my Officers.
Edited by Freyà on 6/11/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, YES! Good, Good. Terrorize the World...of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Can you give me the name of these sites please? Thanks!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charhistory.php
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
@ cambro.. Thanks for all the info.. I spoke to blizzard several times about this and each time they gave me the same answer: "Since he was given access to the bank guild by our Guild Master, he did not commit any fraud" They understand why I'm mad but according to "their rules" there's nothing they can do about it. :( I know he's alt mage name is powermuffin because it was on our guild too. he took it out of the guild the same day he took out his main... I saw powermuffin at The redemption guild and I already spoke to that guild's officers to let them know what he did.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Thanks Ekàlb !!!!!!!! <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Anything for you
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Good morning,
Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.
We have investigated the player you have reported for guild bank theft, and will be taking the appropriate actions to resolve the situation, including suspension and/or termination of account. Because of privacy concerns, we are unable to disclose the nature of the action taken.

Thank you for posting the website Ekàlb, I know myself & Barcelogirl are making it our personal mission that EVERY guild this guy is in knows what he does. Everything he took has already been replaced so it's about letting other know what happened. It sucks that it happened to us but if we can help someone else avoid this then it is worth all the hassle.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
warcraftrealms.com is definitely an amazing site, but it relies on players to supply the data, using the CensusPlus addon. Run scans while you're logged in and don't forget to upload the data periodically to the website. The more people that use it, the more complete the data will be.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Freya, any idea how character name changes are tracked? I don't see how it's possible without knowing a character's ID number, something I've never seen.
Reply Quote
Does anybody else hear this song in their head?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
Cambro - Not sure. From what I have seen of it (which is little), they try to track it by tagging each name that comes through their system with a number. Sort of cataloging in their own terms. If that number shows up somewhere else, the new name becomes applied. However, searching their database for a specific character requires you know the exact name.

For instance: "Ebon" will not bring up Ebonskye or Ebonique. It does, however, bring up all the Ebon-- guilds.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
@ Fantômas ... HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes! That's me singing to that punk.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I don't have anything useful to contribute to this thread. Just wanted to say I think the camaraderie on this server is amazing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, this server reminds me a bit of my home server of Staghelm before Wrath butchered the community. I miss the vanilla/BC days. Good times.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
<3 Ebonique
Reply Quote
91 Undead Death Knight
thanks for telling the officers so we didnt get cleaned out by him
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Couldnt he JUST DELETE a character?

Put something up for XXXXXX gold on the AH on an alt, buy it with the main, then delete it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]