Looking for first time players in Shadow C...

100 Gnome Priest
Hi, I just started playing two weeks ago and Shadow Council was listed for new players. I have tried two dungeons and hate letting my team down. My last dungeon involved a hunter who I realized didn't know to dismiss his pet before jumping down in Gnomeregan and I had such a hard time bringing him back to the group that it was sad, later I realized what should have been done. Thank you to those who were helping me and I have been getting advice over in the new players forum.

So if you are new and would like to learn together the old school way and want to slowly go through dungeons watching out for each other, helping and being patient and kind and all that, let me know, I am currently just a lvl 36 on my first character. We could even trade things for our professions (believe me, pearls and silver rods for enchanting and trying to buy a glyph will add up and I really want a levitation glyph:-). I can even start another type of character such as a tank and we could just go when we can. We could chat in the dungeon and shout out Death from Above as we go through Gnomeregan... Or even go find low level entrances to dungeons and learn together without driving the pros and those awesome elites nuts until we are better! If you are casual and only play now and then it is fine.

Scraze,
a little gnome just trying to make his way in the big old world
Edited by Scraze on 6/11/2012 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Good luck to you, our forums are so dead right now it's sad. I hope you find some help!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Thanks, I see they are indeed. And likely most new players don't look for the realm forum.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
There actually is a new player forum :) maybe you can find some people there who you can dungeon with via the real id grouping system!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011644/

You may not be able to quest with them yet ... but in Mists you will be able to in most situations. If you ever decide to go Horde, you can look me up :).
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Thanks Yoshimitsu- nice to be invited to the cool kids table too- may explore that after I get my feet on the ground a little. I have posted over in the new player forum so maybe that is a good approach.
Goblin Death Knight looks pretty deadly awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Wait we are a new player server now? :O Diablo 3 you really are the devil!!! Welcome to ShC you cute little gnome. Stay away from people in Exodus Horde side. They will eat you.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Just listed for about three weeks along with a couple others. But I am not really finding any new players, just those "play to 20" trials I think.
LOL, Koawood, I will remember that. Maybe I had better make sure my staff isn't glowing so I can hide better. Very little meat on our bones, better to go find Night elves to eat.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yeah, ShC's an older RP server by now, so many of our folks are pretty established, with new folks coming in mainly, I think, as friends and family; we had a player new to the game in Cata in my guild, and learned from the rest of us and used LFG a lot. We probably ended up on the "new players" list due to server rotations and/or current population trends, I dunno.

A lot of times guilds can be very helpful to learning as people explain things, and can sometimes level with alts, but mostly you'll find dungeon groups through LFG, unless you use the new players forum to make connections.

In Mists, low population leveling zones will get phased into cross-realm status to make it more likely to find people while questing, but that's still a few months away.

If you are an RPer, or just want to see what that's about (and it can be an interesting way to meet people!) there are usually folks at a little social bar on Friday evenings in the Mage District, a few IC guild meetings here and there, some folks by Olivia's Pond at times most evenings, and other events, advertised here on these forums, or on rp-haven.com.

Everything's really quiet due to expansion/summer lulls right now, but it'll pick up again when Mists comes out and there will be people everywhere again.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Thanks Alynore. I had wondered why Blizzard didn't make it easier to find newbies to team up with, as it can't only be long time players that keep it going. Maybe Mists will be a great chance for this. I almost don't want to level up before I learn how to do some of these things.
I was searching addons at Wowinterface and they had a couple RP ones that apparently allow to add a starting narrative or an RP flag. Do the RPs on SC use one of those?
May see you all later.
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Hunter
Hey Scraze it always good to see people new to WoW. :) I've recently joined this realm on this toon and have found it to be a very enjoyable play atmosphere. I will be playing in the evenings (except Tues and Fri: I have raids to lead on my main toons) and I would think it would be fun to have someone to run with. You can send me an in game mail or add me to your friends list. I'm not in a guild, even though it days I'm in Anam Cara, so you might level quicker than me, but it will be fun all the same. Drop me a line anytime.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Nomnomnomnom

Gnomes a plenty, repopulate for more hors d'œuvres
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Nomnomnomnom

Gnomes a plenty, repopulate for more hors d'œuvres
Him he will eat you. See his grin he loves little gnome bones. I prefer to cuddle with you little ones.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I am not entirely sure about Alliance RP (Goldshire I was told was a den of great evil and corruption), but most of Horde RP happens in Silvermoon. I use to RP a little on my old main but I could never stay in character long enough to make it enjoyable. I just like smashing things and killing gnomes (no offence :p )
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
A lot of the RPers use MyRoleplay or a version of FlagRSP. TotalRP is another, but I personally think it has a few too many bells and whistles added into it, particularly for a beginner. Most of them "talk" to one another (there's one version of Flag that still doesn't, I think) so there's no need to have more than one installed.

They let you add a basic character description beyond what the limited models show, and a basic summary/overview/publicly known/rumors character history. Mileage may vary on how much to put into the addon itself, but I personally think less is more, and link people to my Haven profile if they are really that interested in more details--9 times out of 10, they aren't; RPers are inherently more interested in their own characters, and find out about friends' through RP and discussion, in my experiences. Maybe story posts if they like the player/character/writing style.

Also, if you have to scroll through a huge RSP, some folks are turned off by that. "Let 'em find out most of it through RP and use the RSP as hints" is a popular theory. Either way, I recommend keeping a simple text file backup of your RSPs, short or long.

Chatloggers like Elephant or WoWScribe (originally created by ShC's own Scartaris) are helpful as well. MogIt, AtlasLoot, and CloseUp (a simple dressing room mod) help for finding RP/transmog gear.

Alliance side, we don't have a lot of open random walk up RP. Friday evenings is Wendy's Open Air Bar in the Mage District at 7pm server, and I know of 2 RP guilds with weekly IC guild meetings; The Silver Dragoons in the Stormwind Keep petitioner chamber on Wednesdays at 7pm server, and The Meddlers at Aerie Peak on Thursdays at 7pm server time.

There were other guilds with IC meetings, but they may be on hiatus or defunct at the moment, or just aren't advertising.

Other events happen now and then, and are usually advertised on Haven, though I know folks try to maintain the sticky posts on this forum as well. Olivia's Pond seems to be the place where most of our random walk-up RP can be found, and it's not unusual to find Dragoons hanging around the Keep garden, though a lot of us are on break/busy right now.

Some RPers use the /Haven chat channels, both Alliance and Horde, even if they don't use the website.

Our Goldshire seems mostly about dueling, but I haven't spent a lot of time there lately for anything. It's those other servers with Goldshire issues ;)
Edited by Alynore on 6/15/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Red is dead! DON"T STEAL MY CREAM CHEESE!

um, yay! new peoplez
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
mmm cream cheese and bagels.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The gnome has not posted in a while

I may have eaten it.

With Koa's cream cheese.
Edited by Cathulu on 6/21/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I am hanging in there. I think maybe you got me when I mistakenly knocked at the door at Galen's falls, then did the same dumb thing at some research station... But I was going to ask for something for my bagels...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]